Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

[Now Dead]100,000 BA Avios Chase Card, $150 fee

Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, CO
MODERATOR .... I think, based on at least 3 people giving feedback, we can change thread subject to not say "Must buy ticket".
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:17 pm

Great just got approved via phone
confirmed 50k +50K
had this card 2 years ago been closed a year. Allowed chase to generate a new BA number for me as I have a family account.

Not happy to hear I might get a frozen account? why anyway? Im not doing anything wrong, this is a CHASE business matter - BA sold them the miles.

I like to use on LAN - best value.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:32 pm

Anyone who was "instantly approved" able to get the card and NOT have the tickets charged to the card? Sounds like the people who are able to back out of the sale all had the card application "pended".
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:10 pm

This is an interesting thread.

I hope they don't catch on to the fact that you don't need to complete the transaction to get the bonus offer.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLTF
Great just got approved via phone
confirmed 50k +50K
had this card 2 years ago been closed a year. Allowed chase to generate a new BA number for me as I have a family account.

Not happy to hear I might get a frozen account? why anyway? Im not doing anything wrong, this is a CHASE business matter - BA sold them the miles.

I like to use on LAN - best value.
BA's T&Cs prohibits a member owns more than one account.

Historical data suggested BA system use member's address to verify membership. (make sense as they dont have your SSN or Driver License but your address.)

Not saying it would not work for you with a new BA account number, just that BA system seems DID verify member's data when Chase requested new membership.

Besides, the airline is not dumb - Check this unrelated thread to give you an idea how vigilant BA is in detecting frauds, and how swiftly and aggressively actions are being taken. You only read the last 10 pages to get a good grip.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...m-expired.html

Last edited by Happy; Apr 13, 2012 at 4:46 pm
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Anyone who was "instantly approved" able to get the card and NOT have the tickets charged to the card? Sounds like the people who are able to back out of the sale all had the card application "pended".
I'm very interested in an answer to this also. I'd like to take advantage...but really don't want to end up with a trip I don't want/need. I'm nervous to submit the app because I don't know if this will purchase the ticket if I'm instantly approved.

Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by amybd
You get the prompt asking you if you want to apply or pay with an existing card. You click apply, proceed to application, fill out the application screen, apply and then stop. There is nothing in the application approving the purchase. The application gets approved/denied regardless of whether you go back and finish the purchase or not.
I just re-read this post more thoroughly...still nervous about an instant approval though...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:49 pm

So I went for it. Instant approval and no ticket purchased. Here's hoping the card shows up and the miles post!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by Ops5
So I went for it. Instant approval and no ticket purchased. Here's hoping the card shows up and the miles post!
"Is this passenger a member of a frequent flyer, Avios and / or On Business programme? "

When asked the above question, did you apply for the Avios program first or let the system generate a number (enroll) for you?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by opus2002
"Is this passenger a member of a frequent flyer, Avios and / or On Business programme? "

When asked the above question, did you apply for the Avios program first or let the system generate a number (enroll) for you?
I created an account just before application. Then while logged on to my account I went through the application process. My Executive Club number showed up in the appropriate box. Had to call reconsideration line, but all ended well.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by opus2002

I had an existing Executive Club #. I did not sign into my account when "booking" the ticket nor answer "Yes" to your question, however in the Chase app I did input my existing #.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:42 am

After reading the posts here and seeing it on Travel Abstract's site I tried it out. The first night I tried it it did not work. After 3-4 times trying it I gave up. Then I came here last PM and read that OP are still getting it I went back and retried. I booked LAS to LHR one way and got to the last page and there it was. I was so stoked that I finely seen the offer. Needless to say I pulled the trigger. Now I just have to call the recon line. Does anyone know they are working today?

Last edited by rdaven2003; Apr 14, 2012 at 11:57 am
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Maybe its worth a mention that I tried it with "Dr Dummy Booking" born in 1999 and with phone number 555-555-5555 and i did not get the card offer. BUT when i put in my personal info, it showed. Maybe you have to be 25 and check to receive updates.
Also got it to show for a one-way in august, NYC-LHR.
Good luck.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Happy
Even if you can pass Chase's system, you likely not be able to pass BA's.

Unlike the US-based airlines, BA seems to have a very sensitive verification system regarding its members information. It seems UK-based companies tend to be so such as IHG group. Duplicate accounts are frozen and then purged.

Based on the data points reported in Nov 2009 thru Apr 2010 when the BA card was first offered for brief time and then resurrected 2 times in the Spring of 2010, BA system is very smart to detect same address and block new BA number be issued by the system. People who did not intentionally do anything but when Chase system made mistake to double request their BA numbers, they ended up with their BA accounts totally frozen up. It was a very frustrating mess for those victims to get the matter resolved - Chase told them to contact BA, BA said it had nothing to do with it and told them to call Chase, back and forth back and forth.

You would be many folks hero to try it out and report back here.
With last year's AmEx transfer program I had trouble because my middle initial was on AmEx and not on BA. After an hour on the phone with both BA could only get the AmEx points to transfer by opening me a 2nd account with my middle initial included. Points transferred.

Then I tried to get accounts consolidated and absolutely cannot get BA to do so. They are a mess. Both accounts still open and valid with all the same info, just middle initial also on one.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:21 am

I'm new to BA and let the system generate an account for me. I got an email with a password almost immediately and then almost 2 weeks later, one that had a membership #
I just looked and the first 50000 bonus miles credited to my account about 2 weeks after my first purchase on the card.

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
If you want some tips on the BA Avios program I have been writing a guide to it this entire week. Strengths,weaknesses, even the "other bonus offer".
Thanks, I looked through it a bit, and it confirmed why I thought the Avios would be a good choice for us (AS and AA awards out of LAX will be great) and learned a few new tricks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.