Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous - Platinum, Gamblers Anonymous - Gold
Originally Posted by umafuaba
I have an old MileagePlus card with a $500 CL that I downgraded a long time ago and kept open instead of canceling. I have fresh miles in my MP account but when I click on the OP's link while logged in to United.com I don't get the offer but rather a MileagePlus catalog page. Has anyone had any luck with canceling their old MP card and then re-doing this trick to get the 65K offer to show up on their page.

BTW, I know it's not a browser issue because my wife was just able to get the offer to show up on the same computer.
No need to cancel the old card. I just established a new MP account. Transferred 2,000 miles to the new account, got the 65K offer, applied, got it, and now will just merge the two MP accounts.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Originally Posted by Ceres
FWIW I applied last month and my bonus hit the first billing statement along with an extra 1500 for a miles dining program. I used the card to pay off my car insurance. They will never see a check from me again, thanks to these FT boards!!
as soon as my car insurance started accepting credit card payments, I switched to that option

paid the full amount in advance, though I'm selling one of my cars... what I noticed from previous experience the insurance company sends a rebate check for the unused policy instead of reversing the credit card charge... so i'll get to pay them again when I switch cars on the policy.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Unless someone can prove differently, I think expired needs to be added to the thread title or in branch only YMMV. Please prove me wrong since I haven't applied for this yet.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:30 pm

http://www.unitedexplorercard.com/Premier

Use this and it still works, totals out to 65K miles (50k bonus, 5k for auth user, 10k anniv bonus).
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:37 pm

i just transferred 1000 UR into my MP account and still couldnt get the 60K link going to try a different computer and see if that helps
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by csudell
i just transferred 1000 UR into my MP account and still couldnt get the 60K link going to try a different computer and see if that helps
They have rephrased it accurately as a 50K offer. The 65k offer deceptively included the 10k anniversary bonus (which is still available in the newly titled offer) but not immediately earned.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:47 pm

wont work for me. tried from different computer even. so sad.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Spg, AA, United
Tried different servers, still only get the 30,000 link. Any one have luck with the 50,000 or 65,000 link today.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago

Hmm. Not cents per mile, since it's not a redemption. You've got the calculation backwards. It's more like 55 miles per dollar... (MPD? hmm)
I think lol...still trying to figure it out.

btw I got the 65K offer, and authorized my wife to be...
Old Nov 24, 2012, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Suzyrox
Tried different servers, still only get the 30,000 link. Any one have luck with the 50,000 or 65,000 link today.
Staring at it as we speak.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:01 pm

Did this for the DW's account just now with the same outcome: can only see 30K offer.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:01 pm

since we arent getting it, do you think its worth applying for the card with the 30K miles and then sending a secure message asking for the additional mileage, like suggested here: http://www.extrapackofpeanuts.com/2-...ited-explorer/
Old Nov 24, 2012, 5:03 pm

since we arent getting it, do you think its worth applying for the card with the 30K miles and then sending a secure message asking for the additional mileage, like suggested here: http://www.extrapackofpeanuts.com/2-...ited-explorer/
Chase is very good about segregating themselves from United on this offer. Only do it if you would have content if you only got 30k at the end of the day. No clue what the success rate would be after the fact.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBHighRoller
I already had the older Chase United card and was having trouble with this offer. I set up another Mileage Plus account, moved 2,000 miles over, and attempted to access the offer again. BINGO! I was able to get the 65,000 miles with the new card with immediate approval of fairly large line in their signature program. Will use it to the necessary requirement and merge those mileage plus accounts. Thanks FT!

BTW - If you have 0 miles in the account you are trying to use to set it up, forget it. You will get the 30k offer.
Questions:

1) Is the older UA card the same Explorer card as this one?

2) Please report back whether you would get the bonus or not because the practice of Chase is, it would give you the card but not necessarily the sign up bonus if you have had the same card before. The only time it would give you a second bonus is the 2nd card a different product from the 1st card, hence question 1).
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
the practice of Chase is, it would give you the card but not necessarily the sign up bonus if you have had the same card before. The only time it would give you a second bonus is the 2nd card a different product from the 1st card
I thought that over the past 3-4 years the consensus was that Chase cards can be churned after a wait of 2 years or so. Has that changed recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.