Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Not implemented] Citi ThankYou Points To Be Transferable To BA, AA & Singapore Air

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I think they were not happy about the leak. So now they want people to stop expecting it and then surprise us.
I hope you are right
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
I think they were not happy about the leak. So now they want people to stop expecting it and then surprise us.
That would be nice. It certainly strikes me as odd that the software was set up and is accessible to the CSRs but the program has been cancelled. If Citibank were a competently run organization (note my use of the conditional), access to those screens would be shut down once the transfer plans were cancelled.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
That would be nice. It certainly strikes me as odd that the software was set up and is accessible to the CSRs but the program has been cancelled. If Citibank were a competently run organization (note my use of the conditional), access to those screens would be shut down once the transfer plans were cancelled.
Indeed.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Well it's even weirder to think they got as far as actually implementing the software before deciding to shut it down. That means they had to have previously decided to do it, negotiated with BA and SQ (and probably others), and then invested many thousands of dollars to develop the IT infrastructure to handle it -- and in the end changed their minds and said whoops, nope, just kidding. If that really happened I should think someone got fired.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive

Hahaha. I like the optimism. I hope you're right!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:48 am

"If your Sponsor Account linked to your ThankYou Member Account is closed for any reason, you will no longer be able to accumulate ThankYou Points through that Sponsor and will have 30 days from account closing to redeem the ThankYou Points associated with that Sponsor Account; provided however, if you have a Citibank consumer checking or business checking account enrolled in ThankYou Rewards, you will have 60 days from the date that Sponsor Account is closed to redeem any accumulated ThankYou Points associated with that Sponsor Account. After that time, you may lose the ThankYou Points that you earned through that Sponsor and through ThankYou Rewards. If all your Sponsor Accounts are closed, ThankYou Rewards reserves the right to close your ThankYou Member Account."
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:28 pm
HCA

If they don't offer this soon, they will see most of my spending go with Chase UR points.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Still holding our breath on this one?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Yes I am
But it's probably foolish of me to not move onto other things. It's hard to let the dream die! lol
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:35 am

I just recently got the second half of my sign up bonus from Citi Premier x2. I have a trip planned in October, and I'm going to give it maybe another month before using the Thank You points for the flights straight up.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread closed because Citi has not implemented transfers to any airline partners.

Discussion of ThankYou point expiration, including expiration when closing a card account, and expiration 90 days after transferring to another ThankYou account, has been extracted to a new thread hosted in Credit Card Programs:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-policies.html

Last edited by mia; Jul 9, 2012 at 7:20 am
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

islandguy84 reports a new development here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-chairman.html

Last edited by mia; Jan 4, 2013 at 10:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.