Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

3,000 WN RR for Freecreditscore.com

Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.

3,000 RR points for freecreditscore.com here
T&C says you get them after your second paid month. Though I would cancel soon as you see them or after second paid month.

From what Southwest told me about the Companion Pass is that partner points count as long as they aren't bonus points. The example was; if a hotel offers 2 miles per dollar and they run a promo with a "bonus" 500, the 500 doesn't count towards the Companion Pass. As I see it, this should count.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
I got this message also this morning. Since it's $15 per month, you need to pay $30 (2 months) to get the 3,000 points, which is worth $50 in WGA fares.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by via amtrak
I got this message also this morning. Since it's $15 per month, you need to pay $30 (2 months) to get the 3,000 points, which is worth $50 in WGA fares.
Yea, you gain $20 AND a credit score.
But really, I think it will be most useful for people getting the companion pass. As 20,000 to Hyatt then SW will still leave you a few hundred short.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:07 am

I already get free credit score from two bank accounts. Oh well. The one SW bonus that I missed and am still upset over is the 1,000 SW points for filing with Turbo Tax---even the free filing which I did about one day before the promo announcement. Grrr.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tailgater
I already get free credit score from two bank accounts. Oh well. The one SW bonus that I missed and am still upset over is the 1,000 SW points for filing with Turbo Tax---even the free filing which I did about one day before the promo announcement. Grrr.
Bummer. My wife and I filed separately. 2,000 points :-p
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:45 pm

so i signed up through the link and everything, and it brought me to my experian score, but it isn't showing my the other two unless i pay $31. is this just for the free trail, and then once the real program starts i get all 3 for $15/month?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anybody know if we'll get the points after calling to cancel and accepting their 50% (or so) offer? (They always do that).

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:47 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Where do you input your southwest #

Can anyone confirm where they inputted their Southwest #. I started the process, had all my information in and was ready to hit Submit but no where did it ask for the Southwest #.

Can anyone confirm that has completed the process that it took your #
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:05 pm

UPDATE:
When I tried to enroll yesterday there was not a spot for your Southwest Rapid Rewards # during the entire enrollment process. I did not submit because I know the headache it will be to collect the miles if you do not enter your frequent flyer number in during this process. The probability of getting the miles is also not good either. Just a caution on any offer for miles/points if you don't have a place to enter your FF# DO NOT PROCEED. (For those of you who are new at this stuff) So I was a bit stumped. This afternoon I tried links from Southwest.com with non of those links showing the offer. The simply went to freecreditscore.com to enroll. NO good! Something is very weird here. I tried a bunch of links from other blogs, still no offer loading. I finally found this link:http://www.freecreditscore.com/dni/d...DT000000120315 and the offer loaded with a place to put your Southwest Rapid Rewards #. So I would recommend using this one.
Also, I signed up for myself and hubby but I entered my Southwest account for both. Will see if 6,000 miles post to my account. I have good luck doing this with many offers and thus doubling my earnings. There is nothing in T&C that states any issue with this. Will update when points post. Should be 1 free ticket for our family for $40. (2 months membership @ $9.95 x 2 accounts) I know I can get them to reduce the month from $14.99 to $9.95 from previous experience.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by slotownmomma
I know I can get them to reduce the month from $14.99 to $9.95 from previous experience.
Do you call as soon as the first month posts? Do you just tell them you think it isn't worth the price? Any details would be good!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Palaimo
Do you call as soon as the first month posts? Do you just tell them you think it isn't worth the price? Any details would be good!
Don't wait that long. Call before your 7 day trial is up. If you don't, they will charge your card the full $14.95 month and then I think it would be harder to get a credit. Just say that you want to cancel because you know you can sign up for services cheaper elsewhere. Then they'll probably drop the fee to keep you. Or if they don't volunteer to drop it, just ask them. Never hurts. You don't really want the account canceled because you need it open to earn the points.

Good luck! Any more questions, just ask!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:29 pm
Suspended

I started the process, had all my information in and was ready to hit Submit but no where did it ask for the Southwest
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by Bartley00
I started the process, had all my information in and was ready to hit Submit but no where did it ask for the Southwest
Deja Vu. (see post #9 above)
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:00 am

CP Qualifying?

This would be a lot cheaper than the alternative methods I was considering to get the companion pass... I wonder if these points qualify towards the CP?? Otherwise it looks like the next best options are buying Hyatt points for $375 and transferring them to SW or buying 10 Telefloral orders x $29.99 = 10,000 CP qualifying points
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:41 am

Any idea what caused this? "We're sorry ...
We were unable to complete your order due to a security restriction with one or more items entered on the order form. Please contact customer care at 1-877-300-2506 if you have additional questions."

Tried to enter DH's info...we do not have any secure credit service on his ssn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.