Wiki Posts
Search

50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:47 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles March 11 – March 31, 2012. Most hotel chains are listed. This is a particularly good offer for conversion of Starwood points to Star Alliance member U.S. Airways miles - every 20,000 points will convert to 37,500 miles. Caution: Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion.

Last edited by pgary; Mar 11, 2012 at 5:57 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Also should combine with the current Amex MR to SPG point transfer bonus of 2:1. Neither is a truly great offer, but 40,000 MR points, to 20,000 SPG points, to 37,500 US Airways miles is not a bad idea in certain situations (mine would be one of those!).

Edit: Just completed the aforementioned transfer through SPG. Good to finally find a use for me of the Amex MR points, since I wasn't too thrilled with their current partners as I focus on AA and US.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Mar 11, 2012 at 6:54 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:05 pm

Guess you could use this promo with the Amex/Spg transfer promo to convert 40k Amex MR to 37,500 US Air...interesting.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by teege
Guess you could use this promo with the Amex/Spg transfer promo to convert 40k Amex MR to 37,500 US Air...interesting.
That's not bad, actually. Got a ton of MR points and was looking to transfer them somewhere. This wouldn't be bad since we already have 150k Avios. Would be nice to top off US Airways account to 100k for both wife and me. Does anyone how long this would take?

Does anyone know how often these come around? Don't have a need for Dividend Miles in the next year or so, so if this is a recurring bonus, might just wait. ALthough I guess the AMEX --> SPG bonus doesnt happen often?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:32 pm

Thanks OP! Just turned 80K MR points to 75K US miles
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:34 pm

The information that I got from someone here awhile ago, you can transfer 1 Marriot points for 1.5 US airways miles. This promotion is usually in May. Therefore, I think this is not a great offer for transferring MR points.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by nature1370
The information that I got from someone here awhile ago, you can transfer 1 Marriot points for 1.5 US airways miles. This promotion is usually in May. Therefore, I think this is not a great offer for transferring MR points.
I can't find anything in googling it. Also, the current Marriott Rewards to US Airways transfer is 125,000 Marriott points for 50,000 Dividend Miles. I do not see a near 4x bonus coming.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by nature1370
1:1.5 US Air?!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:46 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...nts-miles.html

Here is my post
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
To a Family Member

My sister has US, and I have SPG.
We have the same last name and address, so I am hoping to get them into her US account with the bonus. I would prefer not to have to wait a month though.

Instead, get mom an SPG account if she doesn't already have one. Wait 30 days, then transfer the points to her SPG account from yours (assuming she has the same address on this account as you do), then have her transfer the points over to AAdvantage from her own SPG account.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

DAMN, probably won't get the US bonus now.
T&C shows this

Both accounts must have been active and with the same address on each for at least 30 days. SVO Owners may transfer to other SVO Owners even if not at the same address. Starwood Employees may not have any Starpoints transferred into their SPG account.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Mar 11, 2012 at 8:09 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by pgary
Caution: Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion.
This doesn't really make sense. Do they mean only one transaction within the promo period will yield the bonus? That would be a real mess with the likes of Wyndham, which will break up a larger transaction into individual chunks of whatever amount you transfer multiples of (7k, 12k). For instance, a transfer of 60k will post as 5 transactions of 12k. Will this yield only 18k * 1 + 12k *4?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:52 pm

Did they not offer a 100% bonus last year on SPG to US Airways? Future promos are not based on past promos yada yada (read the fine print) but does anyone think the 100% offer will come back?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Will this work on a MR travel package ?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
This doesn't really make sense. Do they mean only one transaction within the promo period will yield the bonus? That would be a real mess with the likes of Wyndham, which will break up a larger transaction into individual chunks of whatever amount you transfer multiples of (7k, 12k). For instance, a transfer of 60k will post as 5 transactions of 12k. Will this yield only 18k * 1 + 12k *4?
That's what I was thinking. Though last year my Wyndham transfers posted in one chunk.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Strange that no registration is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.