Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 7, 12, 12:19 pm   #1

book hotel rooms using miles

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if the question was asked before.
I have a question. Even thought I know the answer is 'there is none' I thought I might ask you just to confirm it.
I have a lot of orphan mile, Lufthansa, Delta, US airways, BA etc.....Because I only few international economy class, it will take another 10 flights to get a reward ticket.
Any ways, I found out that I can book hotel rooms using mile. I was wondering if there is a website where I can book hotel room using miles from all different airlines. I am kind of frustrated going to each individual airline website and try to find a hotel.
thank you
anmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 12, 8:26 pm   #2

How miles do you have in each program?
Saas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 12, 10:21 pm   #3
Moderator: MilesBuzz, Credit Card Programs, & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG & Hyatt Platinum;
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmichelle View Post
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if the question was asked before.
I have a question. Even thought I know the answer is 'there is none' I thought I might ask you just to confirm it.
I have a lot of orphan mile, Lufthansa, Delta, US airways, BA etc.....Because I only few international economy class, it will take another 10 flights to get a reward ticket.
Any ways, I found out that I can book hotel rooms using mile. I was wondering if there is a website where I can book hotel room using miles from all different airlines. I am kind of frustrated going to each individual airline website and try to find a hotel.
thank you
Nope, none that I am aware of.
Old Mar 8, 12, 9:31 am   #4

Programs: UA, DL, AA, SPG
You say "etc"... not sure what other programs you have. But for example, you can use AA miles to book car and hotel awards. https://www.useaamiles.com/carhotel/...andhotelawards These values are typically not very good (compared with what you'd get on an AA flight redemption) but if you just need to burn some miles, it's probably not a bad way to do it.

Similarly with UA: https://hotelandcarawards.mileageplu...travel/arc.cfm and Delta: http://travelmarketplace.delta.com/travel/arc.cfm?tab=r
Old Mar 8, 12, 11:17 am   #5

You can book hotels with BA Avios Miles here, but from what I can see the selection, at least in the US, is very limited.
Saas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 12, 12:04 pm   #6

Programs: US Gold
Consider using Priceline (or Hotwire) to get much better deals on hotels. You will find bidding help and tips on www.biddingfortravel.com and www.betterbidding.com. PM me if you want more information. (I do not have any kind of referral deal with Priceline or any of these sites.)
redtop43 is offline   Reply With Quote