Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I ordered around $3k of goods on Saturday evening. My "normal" 12 pts per $1 is showing as pending. No mention of any "bonus" pts yet for my Shopping History on the BA portal. Me=officially worried.

I have screen shots of my inputting the code triple points code. But I'm still worried.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:42 am

I ordered last night. It still shows "in process" in nordstrom website itself. How long does it take for them to show up on my BA estore usually?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:48 am

So what happens to the points if I buy something as a gift (it's being shipped to my parents' house) and then they decide to return (either for GC or cash)?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by dhk1976
So what happens to the points if I buy something as a gift (it's being shipped to my parents' house) and then they decide to return (either for GC or cash)?
I believe the consensus is:
Return for store credit/gift card: Probably get to keep the miles.
Return for cash: Probably don't get to keep the miles, but if you do, it's unethical.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: No preference
I bought virtual gift cards through bigcrumbs @ 4% cashback. Took about 2 hours for gift cards to be sent. Gift cards bought products (all purchases show as pending 36 avios/$). Giftcardgranny shows services buying gift cards at 87% value. If items returned for gift card and resold to giftcard dealer, you are losing 9%, but gaining avios.

If buying large go the bigcrumbs route. If buying small, you could buy a reduced price gift card from a gift card dealer at a discount greater than 4%. Beware, only 1 gift card can be applied to an order.

Last edited by jcmitchell21; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:32 pm
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Bonus points will be applied separately, usually takes one or two days after initial points post as pending. I had a 5k single item order with no issues. If you followed directions you will not have any problems.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by txrose86
My pending points are also only showing 12/$.
In addition to my original pending points at 12/$, two lines have been added (Bonus Avios and Nordstrom Bonus Avios) for that same amount, bringing the total points to 36 points/dollar. My purchase was on 2/4, with the bonus lines added some time today.

Last edited by AggieTraveler; Feb 6, 2012 at 3:34 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:22 pm

The points (36 Avios per dollar) are showing up as 'Pending' on my account page. This is an awesome deal, wish I could have purchased more stuff! Thanks, Brian, and thanks, FT!^
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:31 pm

Does anybody know for sure if you can return the merchandise for a gift card at the store? Thank you.

Edit: and still keep the points.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
If one was to return items for store credit, I'm assuming they'd lump it all onto one card rather than give you the ability to spread it out across many, correct?

I.e. if i return a $2000 item, they'd presumably give me a gift card worth $2000. Anyone know if it's possible to request four $500 gift cards instead?

I'm thinking about using this to meet spend on a new CC, then returning for store credit and selling the GC on ebay. But a $2000 giftcard would probably take a major hit on the resale, the smaller the better. However, I don't want to have to buy ten $200 items and take them back ten different times. Thoughts?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
Hope this goes thru, spent $23,000
That's the spirit!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Does anybody know for sure if you can return the merchandise for a gift card at the store?
How could anybody on this board "know for sure"? If you're that worried, pick up the phone and call AVIOS.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
man i guess its time to look at nordstrom and make me a purchase
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:11 pm

My 36 points per dollar posted! bingo...
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by tjtjtjtj
I believe the consensus is:
Return for store credit/gift card: Probably get to keep the miles.
Return for cash: Probably don't get to keep the miles, but if you do, it's unethical.
If there were anything at Norsdtrom's I remotely wanted I'd go for this. Everything is either overpriced and/or looks like clothing my parents would wear. I'm just not seeing anything worthwhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.