Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Red face

Placed an order yesterday with the 3X code and received confirmation last night. Nothing showing in pending today yet. I think I got in under the wire but we'll see. I'm just having visions of Glittergate in my head. Which reminds me, I need to put those headphones on Craig's list.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
I had a sinking feeling all along this was an error. The triple promotion was supposed to yield 12x total (3x 4 base points), not 3x on top of 12 points. It just didn't make sense given the relative values of all other promos on the shopping mall.

Return to your seat and fasten your seat belt, we're encountering an area of forecast turbulence.

Actually, this was not a mistake. I bought a bunch of things before this promotion appeared and it always was 12X.
BTW, did anybody take a screen shot of the very first page of the promotion? It was supposed to be 24 points after the first purchase. I might need that screen shot, please post it or send it to me on a private message. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:13 am

I was at Nordstrom yesterday and asked what would happen if you returned merchandise to a gift card. They said you would lose the points. Anyone else have thoughts / experience with this?

Also, what do you think might happen if you used some points and then returned some merchandise? Would BA try to charge you for the points.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by carofly
Actually, this was not a mistake. I bought a bunch of things before this promotion appeared and it always was 12X.
BTW, did anybody take a screen shot of the very first page of the promotion? It was supposed to be 24 points after the first purchase. I might need that screen shot, please post it or send it to me on a private message. Thanks.
Good to know, thank you!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HikerT
Just went to make a purchase.

DEAD! 12x down to 4x.

Guessing it was supposed to be 4x3 = 12x all along. Now let's hope they honor the 36x.
Uh Oh... looks like the deal is dead?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:06 am

It not only looks dead, it IS dead. Since the e-store only gives 4x base points now, even with the NORDX3 code the most someone would get is 12x and that's if they are a first time shopper according to the T&C. And according to a poster upstream 12x is the normal Nordstrom bonus on the Avios e-store anyway. While that's certainly better than the 2x on UA's mall or even 5x on AA's mall, it's nothing special. I've learned (the hard way) when a really good deal like this comes along it's important to pull the trigger first and ask questions later because they always end before their expiration dates.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:09 am

Hi all,

Longtime FlyerTalk lurker. I was actually the one who alerted TPG to this promotion. The miles from my purchase on January 27th just posted to my Avios account today, and it was indeed 36x (so it seems like there is a two week wait). It sounds like they've lowered the promo down to 12x now, so hopefully everyone gets their miles! If it does work out, I'm happy that I was able to finally contribute to something to the FF community!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by dcmke
Hi all,

Longtime FlyerTalk lurker. I was actually the one who alerted TPG to this promotion. The miles from my purchase on January 27th just posted to my Avios account today, and it was indeed 36x (so it seems like there is a two week wait). It sounds like they've lowered the promo down to 12x now, so hopefully everyone gets their miles! If it does work out, I'm happy that I was able to finally contribute to something to the FF community!
Welcome to Ft!
And thank you for your alert and sharing your finding of this promo
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
I ordered on Friday Feb 3, received confirmation email from Nordstrom that Sunday, miles showed up as pending on Monday. The miles show up in 5 separate lines, 1500 x 3 for the three $125 products that i bought, then a "Bonus Avios" of 4500, then a "Nordstrom Bonus Avios" of 4500. So looks like the 3x bonus worked for me.
I received shipment on Tuesday, will update when the miles go through.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:37 am

Hi all,

Great find! Potentially the most lucrative shopping portal deal we'll see for a long time. Unless BA was offering miles for an insanely low amount, the affiliate commission would have to be 25-40%+ which doesn't seem right. I suspect it was the result of a miscommunication, similar to the 40 DL miles per dollar at Spafinder last year which was honored. I'd put odds on this one being honored given the reputational risk to Nordstrom but I certainly wouldn't sell anything until the miles are in my Avios account.

Last edited by HikerT; Feb 11, 2012 at 10:43 am
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:40 am

Hi all,

Wow, you've made a huge impact with one note to TPG! Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: Yes.
Hi all,

Many thanks for sharing. How did you find the deal??
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:07 am

Welcome to Flyer talk, a big thank you.....

Hi all,

Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by econjon
Well, I posted it on Jan 26 in the BA estore thread on the BA forum along with the code but nobody found it there.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post17891192

I'm not in favor of publicizing good deals by emailing it to bloggers to kill the golden goose, especially considering how indiscreet they've been recently.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
I had received an email from the BA eStore sometime in January about bonus points for Nordstrom purchases. I needed to buy something anyway, and I had actually assumed it was just 12 points per dollar, but the bonus points posted a few days later. After reading the promo more carefully I realized it actually was 36x. Unless they decide to take away points already posted to my Avios account, which I find unlikely, it seems like this promo was legit, and I'm glad so many people were able to take part.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.