Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by UAAAPeter
I thought I'd look at BA's bargain trips to LHR. This is what a roundtrip NYC to LHR is:
40000 Avios + $ 619.32

Why would one hand over 40,000 miles when for close to $619 you ought to be able to buy a roundtrip to London that actually gives you miles?

Well, ok the cheapest I can see on ita in a quick look is $770 but whatever:

Feb 16 UA 18 EWR 9:00AM LHR 9:20PM 7h 20m nonstop
Feb 29 UA 19 LHR 8:40AM EWR 12:05PM 8h 25m nonstop
$770.00

If you are Premier Executive (at least for now) United give you 14,000 miles instead of you handing over 40,000 miles to BA. And you are a good way en route to some status for the year.

Do BA think we are stupid? Maybe people are stupid and it just goes to show that you can fool nearly all of the people nearly all of the time.
No, it just goes to show that some people don't do their research on topics that have been beaten to death before they complain on public forums.

But my real question is how do I find these super cheap avios fares on AA? I can't see them.
http://thepointsguy.com/2012/01/remi...ds-january-31/ has a good explanation of using Avios points.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:34 am

Placed my order 4 days ago and my accounts is not showing any pending points at all. My items already shipped from Nordstrom yesterday. Should I worry? How long does it take to see pending points?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:11 am

My order appeared in my account today but each individual item in my purchase is appearing as its own line item. I bought about 15 items in a single purchase and each item is appearing separately. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope they're not trying to limit my bonus to a single item from my purchase.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:26 am

It seems that Nordstrom does price match, if I matched a lower price to another retailer, will the extra miles be taken from me?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dutchoven
My order appeared in my account today but each individual item in my purchase is appearing as its own line item. I bought about 15 items in a single purchase and each item is appearing separately. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope they're not trying to limit my bonus to a single item from my purchase.
I bought three items, each of which was listed separately. The bonus points are listed separately as one line item and reflect the total received for all three purchases.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I bought three items, each of which was listed separately. The bonus points are listed separately as one line item and reflect the total received for all three purchases.
Thank you lwildernorva! I feel better now.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Placed my order 4 days ago and my accounts is not showing any pending points at all. My items already shipped from Nordstrom yesterday. Should I worry? How long does it take to see pending points?
I would be worried, mine posted in a day or two. Do you have your order on BA's shopping click history?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
When all the 36x posts, you should each item posting at 12x and an extra two lines posting two bonuses for 12x each on the total $ amount.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I thought I'd look at BA's bargain trips to LHR. This is what a roundtrip NYC to LHR is:
40000 Avios + $ 619.32

Why would one hand over 40,000 miles when for close to $619 you ought to be able to buy a roundtrip to London that actually gives you miles?

Do BA think we are stupid? Maybe people are stupid and it just goes to show that you can fool nearly all of the people nearly all of the time.
Dude, NEVER use your Avios to fly to Europe or Asia. ALWAYS use your Avios to fly within the Western Hemisphere. Capisce!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:54 am

The non-bonus points post as pending roughly a day after your order is shipped. The 2 bonuses post as pending within the next day.

FWIW, after I submitted my first order I found another item I wanted (a ~$300 suit on sale). I figured I would roll the dice with a second order. Sure enough, the first bonus points posted as pending for my second order. No guarantee they won't take them back (the T&C indicate the 3x bonus is only for your first order) but so far 2x is pending.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: Several dozen
Yeah, everyone knows if you need to get to Europe you fly US Airways (for 30k). British Airways is only for flying in the Americas. And Quantas? Oh, don't even go there....

Originally Posted by eknock007
Dude, NEVER use your Avios to fly to Europe or Asia. ALWAYS use your Avios to fly within the Western Hemisphere. Capisce!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:17 pm

anyone know if calling to alter the color of something i ordered will affect the miles? i just wanted same item, but black instead of white. order hasn't shipped yet.

Last edited by drsaith; Feb 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Yeah, everyone knows if you need to get to Europe you fly US Airways (for 30k). British Airways is only for flying in the Americas. And Quantas? Oh, don't even go there....
Me and the wife will be doing Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for 21K AVIOS + $355 total on American from LAX (decided to pick an option with less miles + a copay). Could have done for 30K AVIOS + around $230 total, but saw a bargain with the copay option since the 9K AVIOS we saved was the equivalent of buying these AVIOS at 1.3 cpm. 9K AVIOS is a RT LAX-SFO + $5.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by eknock007
Europe is in the Western Hemisphere, and I fly there every year using BA miles. In Club World. Using a 2-4-1. It's great value as far as I'm concerned.

This, however, has bugger all to do with the Nordstrom deal.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by drsaith
anyone know if calling to alter the color of something i ordered will affect the miles? i just wanted same item, but black instead of white. order hasn't shipped yet.
If they can change the order you should be okay, but if they have to cancel the item and place a separate order, probably not. I just lost 2400 avios because an item became unavailable after the order was placed, and they weren't able to substitute a different item on the same order, it would need to be a new order. Maybe I'll see if my goldfish wants to buy those shoes for me. @:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.