[Targeted] 2 AMEX Offers - 75k PRG and 72.5k Delta Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] 2 AMEX Offers - 75k PRG and 72.5k Delta Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I tend to focus on flights more than credit cards, but I just signed up for a similar offer delta.com gave me when I was looking at flights:

no fee first year
$100 statement credit with first DL purchase
25,000 miles with first purchase
45,000 miles after spending $5,000 in 6 months
what flights were you looking at and were you signed into your skymiles account?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by michael_v
what flights were you looking at and were you signed into your skymiles account?
I was signed in and was looking at a roundtrip from BOS to SEA with a mix of U and L fares. The $100 statement credit and 70k miles offer was not the first offer that came up, but it was the only one that looked worth signing up for.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Looking for offers in my Delta account, I (US-based, English speaking flyer) got this:
http://www.citibank.co.jp/ccsi/ja/ca...ile/index.html

Only reason might be I used 25K miles to book a PEK-NRT RT last year?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by slocouple
Looking for offers in my Delta account, I (US-based, English speaking flyer) got this:
http://www.citibank.co.jp/ccsi/ja/ca...ile/index.html

Only reason might be I used 25K miles to book a PEK-NRT RT last year?
I have that offer as well. Haven't flown through NRT on Delta for at least 3 years.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pssteve
I WAS targeted for 75k after applying for 50k. Prior to activating card I got them to assure me in writing (snail mail)after spending over an hour on phone line that I would get 75k once spend was met.Made spend late Nov 11.Early Dec 11 50k points appeared in account.Called again about extra 25k.Received a 2nd letter assuring I would get the extra 25k.Two months later still no extra points.Not a wonderful introduction to AMEX.
I would send a secure message to their Social Media > Twitter mailbox. Tell them what happened and you will probably have your points within days if not sooner.

I've done it multiple times and it's worked like a charm. You may even suggest some bonus points for your troubles and they may give you some.

Good luck!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:11 am

I don't have an AMEX card but my mom and husband do. So, when I went to the page I didn't see any special offers, even though none of my family members were signed in to AMEX. As someone else said, must be a cookie. I did a private session on Firefox, went to the page, and was able to sign in for special offers.

I had to give my name, address, and last 4 of my social. I got targeted for both the PR Gold and Delta offers mentioned above. I have never flown Delta in my life (they seem to have a very limited presence in Chicago), so it can't be based on being a Delta elite or anything like that. It seems to me that AMEX is just trying to recruit new card holders.

I will have to think on this since the first year annual fees are waived. I was wanting to apply for the Priority Club 80k since I got targeted for that as well. Decisions, decisions.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Lyssa
I don't have an AMEX card but my mom and husband do. So, when I went to the page I didn't see any special offers, even though none of my family members were signed in to AMEX. As someone else said, must be a cookie. I did a private session on Firefox, went to the page, and was able to sign in for special offers.

I had to give my name, address, and last 4 of my social. I got targeted for both the PR Gold and Delta offers mentioned above. I have never flown Delta in my life (they seem to have a very limited presence in Chicago), so it can't be based on being a Delta elite or anything like that. It seems to me that AMEX is just trying to recruit new card holders.

I will have to think on this since the first year annual fees are waived. I was wanting to apply for the Priority Club 80k since I got targeted for that as well. Decisions, decisions.
What's to think about? These are both great promotions...
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:54 am

So there is no way to get this offer if I already hold an AMEX?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:02 am

$10k is out of my grasp. I hope this is a sign some new public offers will be pushed down the pipeline. Spring Bonus Offer Showers, 2012 edition!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by kkamakasi
So there is no way to get this offer if I already hold an AMEX?
If you haven't had DELTA Amex, you can get them. I recently got a DL Amex after cancelling about two years ago. No one knows for sure what the time period is after cancellation and re-applying, but two years is the conventional wisdom.
If you haven't had the DL card in the past, this is a good offer.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by thebat
If you haven't had DELTA Amex, you can get them. I recently got a DL Amex after cancelling about two years ago. No one knows for sure what the time period is after cancellation and re-applying, but two years is the conventional wisdom.
If you haven't had the DL card in the past, this is a good offer.
I do have an AMEX card. AMEX Blue Everyday.

So I have to go to the amex website in Incognito Mode in Chrome to access this "special offer for you" link.

I'm hesitant to put in my name and my SS number to see what offers I am targeted for because I already have an AMEX and so i'm afraid I'll get a hit on my credit and it will not allow me to get the car.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:34 am

Can somebody post offer details for PRG card? What is the spend requirement and time window.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
What's to think about? These are both great promotions...
I agree!

You can always get the Prioirity Club card later. In any case the difference between the regular Priority Club offer of 60,000 points and the targeted offer of 80,000 points is only 20,000 points (80,000 - 60,000) which is worth $120 since you can buy Priority Club points for 0.6 cents per points.

But the difference between the 75K Premier Rewards Gold & the regular offer of 25K is 50K points which is worth much more than the extra 20K Priority Club points.

Same with the Delta card.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:56 am

So I have to go to the amex website in Incognito Mode in Chrome to access this "special offer for you" link.

I'm hesitant to put in my name and my SS number to see what offers I am targeted for because I already have an AMEX and so i'm afraid I'll get a hit on my credit and it will not allow me to get the car.
they do a soft pull. not a hard pull on the check my offers page.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold

Don't be worried about the possibility of a hard inquiry. All they do is match your name, address, and last four of ssn to any mailed or online offers. That's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.