Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED]SPG Amex 30K for both personal and business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
[EXPIRED]SPG Amex 30K for both personal and business

I think this deserves a separate thread.

# Earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after your first purchase
# Earn 20,000 bonus Starpoints when you spend $5,000 in the first 6 months
# $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.

The personal card link:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...d/95-1000-358?

The business card link:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...d/95-1000-250?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Nice find. Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:04 pm

Asked in the other thread, but I imagine it will easily get buried there.

Anyone know if pers/ biz apps combine into one pull?

Also, how hard is it to get biz? I do a limited amount of freelance work on the side but I haven't had any luck with Citi biz.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Did anyone notice this?

Deleted

Last edited by thehawk75; Nov 30, 2011 at 3:11 pm Reason: Read footnote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I missed the last promo and was waiting for the new one. ^
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Please note that the footnote related to the up to 5 Starpoints details that only 2 of the Starpoints come from the card's spending at the hotel and the other 2-3 Starpoints come from being a member in SPG:

"You will receive two StarpointsŪ from American Express and two Starpoints (or three Starpoints if you have Starwood Preferred GuestŪ elite status) from the Starwood Preferred Guest Program for each U.S. dollar of Eligible Spending charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express at participating Starwood properties, standalone retail establishments and online stores that, in each case are wholly owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, and its affiliates. Starwood associates do not receive any additional Starpoints as a Starwood Preferred Guest member for hotel stays and spend. “Eligible spending” means purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible spending does NOT include: fee or interest charges; balance transfers; cash advances; purchases of American ExpressŪ Gift Cards or Travelers Cheques; and, purchases of other cash equivalents. American Express reserves the right not to award any Starpoints for transactions we determine are not made with the good faith intention of consuming the item charged."

Last edited by FindAWay; Nov 30, 2011 at 6:19 pm
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
The footnote related to the up to 5 Starpoints details that only 2 of the Starpoints come from the card's spending at the hotel and the other 2-3 Starpoints come from being a member in SPG:

"You will receive two StarpointsŪ from American Express and two Starpoints (or three Starpoints if you have Starwood Preferred GuestŪ elite status) from the Starwood Preferred Guest Program for each U.S. dollar of Eligible Spending charged on your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express at participating Starwood properties, standalone retail establishments and online stores that, in each case are wholly owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc, and its affiliates. Starwood associates do not receive any additional Starpoints as a Starwood Preferred Guest member for hotel stays and spend. “Eligible spending” means purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible spending does NOT include: fee or interest charges; balance transfers; cash advances; purchases of American ExpressŪ Gift Cards or Travelers Cheques; and, purchases of other cash equivalents. American Express reserves the right not to award any Starpoints for transactions we determine are not made with the good faith intention of consuming the item charged."
Which is why I deleted my post, and well before you had posted this reply might I add (time stamps will prove this). To assume at this point that I haven't figured this out is a little far fetched, don't you think?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Which is why I deleted my post, and well before you had posted this reply might I add (time stamps will prove this). To assume at this point that I haven't figured this out is a little far fetched, don't you think?
Perhaps the other poster started before your update, and after taking a few minutes to draft his own post, posted it after your update. It happens; let's be civil.

To get back on topic: I am reliably advised that there are no referral links for this offer, just the offer itself.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Perhaps the other poster started before your update, and after taking a few minutes to draft his own post, posted it after your update. It happens; let's be civil.

To get back on topic: I am reliably advised that there are no referral links for this offer, just the offer itself.
That is obviously and entirely true. There is absolutely no way he could have quoted me unless he had started his post before my update.

However, given that he submitted his post a full 7 minutes after my update, he certainly could have gone back and read the offending post again to see if it still existed uncorrected, and perhaps update his own post to reflect this, since it would seem rather pointless to correct something that had already been corrected. My observation is that most members of the community do just that. It is in this context that I phrased my reply.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: US Air, United
Jeez

I just applied yesterday and got 25K. I hate when that happens!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:32 pm

Man. I need my credit to improve. I want this the Citi Thankyou Premiere, Marriott, and this card bad.

But to be honest I already have "enough", but then you sit back and say, is there ever enough?

5k in 6 months is very achievable though. I like this card
Old Nov 30, 2011, 4:50 pm

Anyone have a backdoor number for credit applications?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Would one's name and sole proprietorship be enough for the SPG business application (like it works for Chase cards)?

Another question: anyone ever tried to get a second SPG business card for a different business (I actually do own 2 businesses with diff. EIN numbers)?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by thehawk75
That is obviously and entirely true. There is absolutely no way he could have quoted me unless he had started his post before my update.

However, given that he submitted his post a full 7 minutes after my update, he certainly could have gone back and read the offending post again to see if it still existed uncorrected, and perhaps update his own post to reflect this, since it would seem rather pointless to correct something that had already been corrected.
I could also delete it now; but, I think others may read the "Earn up to 5 Starpoints per dollar spent at hotels and resorts participating in the SPGŪ program" language in the offer and not the footnote; so, I think it might be helpful to others to leave my post. Especially, since you just deleted your post instead of revising it to note that it is really only 2 Starpoints for those purchases.

Since it appears to really bother you that much, I will remove the quote; but, anyone reading subsequent threads will now know.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
T & C states that "bonus points" are available only to first time card holders. Does the restriction apply both to the sign up bonus of 10K points and the spending bonus of 20K or just the sign up bonus?

Can you sign up and earn full bonus for both personal and business?

I have had the Business and personal SPG Amex cards previously (30K point bonus each). I have another busines (its own Fed ID #). Do you think I could apply as a first time cardholder?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.