Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED?] Choice Privileges 40,000 bonus points with Visa Signature

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED?] Choice Privileges 40,000 bonus points with Visa Signature

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
Originally Posted by jjmiller69

I just got lucky. I did the first charge and then the stay. I paid for the stay with a Citi Card, but still got the 16,000 points added in. I didn't have the Barclay card with me.
How long it took from your application to getting the card?

Last edited by philemer; Nov 25, 2011 at 7:47 am Reason: fixed quote
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:31 pm

So I just applied and was instantly approved, but I'm not sure if it was for a Visa Signature card or what as there is no mention of "Signature" anywhere in the Barclay's online account management page. I sure as hell hope the card I did get approved for comes with the bonus. Has anybody else gotten this card and not been approved for the Signature? I don't care which card it is as long as I get the bonus, but if the bonus is less for the non-Signature version then I will take whatever it is and never, ever deal with Barclays again.

Last edited by kdoughboy; Nov 28, 2011 at 11:12 am
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by zzyzx
How long it took from your application to getting the card?
I think it was a week from application/instant approval to reciept of card. Told them I needed it asap because of up coming trip. Got the 4X points on the trip (7 days in Maui at a very nice Choice Prop. with Ocean view) so I'm just 750 short of 60,000.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I think it was a week from application/instant approval to reciept of card. Told them I needed it asap because of up coming trip. Got the 4X points on the trip (7 days in Maui at a very nice Choice Prop. with Ocean view) so I'm just 750 short of 60,000.
Did you call in for expedited card shipment ? Which # you used to call?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
So I just applied and was instantly approved, but I'm not sure if it was for a Visa Signature card or what as there is no mention of "Signature" anywhere in the Barclay's online account management page. I sure as hell hope the card I did get approved for comes with the bonus. Has anybody else gotten this card and not been approved for the Signature? I don't care which card it is as long as I get the bonus, but if the bonus is less for the non-Signature version then I will take whatever it is and never, ever deal with Barclays again.
In the past, if you received a credit line of less then 5K, you did not receive the signature card. This happened to me, but I confirmed via secure message that I would receive the same bonus. - Unlike the Barclay's US Airways card, where they had a different and much lower bonus.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by travisair
In the past, if you received a credit line of less then 5K, you did not receive the signature card. This happened to me, but I confirmed via secure message that I would receive the same bonus. - Unlike the Barclay's US Airways card, where they had a different and much lower bonus.
I was given exactly $5k credit line and the lady of the house received the $6.3k line. We will SM to verify the bonus. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I just discovered on the barclays website that clicking on "Program Overview" shows the 24k welcome bonus as a benefit, but there is no mention of the 16k after first stay bonus. Decided to SM for verification even though this does seem to suggest the bonus applies to the non-Signature card as well.

Last edited by kdoughboy; Nov 28, 2011 at 10:47 pm
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
I was given exactly $5k credit line and the lady of the house received the $6.3k line. We will SM to verify the bonus. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I just discovered on the barclays website that clicking on "Program Overview" shows the 24k welcome bonus as a benefit, but there is no mention of the 16k after first stay bonus. Decided to SM for verification even though this does seem to suggest the bonus applies to the non-Signature card as well.
Just got the response from Barclays:

---------------------------------------
Dear [name] :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Choice Privileges Visa Signature. We can certainly address your concern regarding your account.

Welcome to the BarclaycardUS family of credit cards! You will earn 24,000 Points upon the first use of the account for a purchase or balance transfer. You will also earn an additional 16,000 Points after the first paid stay with your new account at a Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Ascend Collection®, Cambria Suites®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay®, Econo Lodge® or Rodeway Inn® hotel in the U.S.

All Points will be awarded at the close of your billing statement, which is every 23rd of the month, after the qualifying transaction(s) have posted. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all Points, including first use and first stay bonus Points, to be deposited into the Rewards Program account. We apologize for the confusion, and hope that we have been able to clarify the situation.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
---------------------------------------

I guess I did get the Signature version of the card after all, considering they referred to it in their response. So, if you log-in and see lots of mention of the "Choice Privileges Visa Card" and no mention of Signature anywhere, you may still have been approved for the Signature card. That is definitely reassuring, although unfortunately this does not shed any light on whether those who were not approved for the Signature card will receive the bonus.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:33 pm

Just for your information, I just applied with this link tonight. I took a chance on the 40K points. I was approved and instantly called their customer support line and asked about the rewards. They told me that I was in line for the 40K points after meeting the requirements. So the offer must still be good!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:11 pm

I submitted my online application before 11/30 and got a letter asking my citizenship validation about a week later. I then mailed a copy of my passport to the address specified on the letter. I called back again after two weeks of submission of passport copy, and was told the application was under review. I finally received the card just before the year ends.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I clicked on the link for the application just now, and it still shows 24K + 16K in the terms and conditions.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:14 pm

I got this card about 4 months ago. I eventually got all 40k points, but it took a little while for everything to post. The first 24k for first purchase posted after the first statement, and the 16k for the first stay posted about 2 months after my stay.
Old May 6, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
anyone tried this link recently? Just finished a quarterly churn and didn't have anything for Transunion.

There is a nice Loyalty Traveler writeup on a property in Paris (Clarion Collection Opera Pavillon)

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...ty+Traveler%29

that goes for $432 on the days I picked..This hotel is only 8000 choice points a night..so $1700+ value for Transunion inquiry.....

I'm debating if I should do this since I've already churned the USAir card twice last year.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by stealph
anyone tried this link recently? Just finished a quarterly churn and didn't have anything for Transunion.

There is a nice Loyalty Traveler writeup on a property in Paris (Clarion Collection Opera Pavillon)

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...ty+Traveler%29

that goes for $432 on the days I picked..This hotel is only 8000 choice points a night..so $1700+ value for Transunion inquiry.....

I'm debating if I should do this since I've already churned the USAir card twice last year.
Lol, bad math at 1AM....so this could get me 5 nights.. ~ $2160 value
Old May 12, 2012, 9:33 am

FYI, I applied for the card last month and got the 40K offer even if it is supposed to be expired.
Old May 12, 2012, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tylergupku
FYI, I applied for the card last month and got the 40K offer even if it is supposed to be expired.
Did you use the direct link to the application page?

Since I just got some Choice points through Daily Getaways, I might as well try to collect some more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.