Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by bgp2587
Has anyone that applied for this card gotten a "Decision Pending" notification immediately, but then two days later received an email saying that their free night reward was available?

I'm assuming that means I was approved, but haven't heard anything else! Would you call to check?
You have almost certainly been approved. I would not call. If memory serves it was about a week before I got the official approval and when the cert posted at Marriott.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:20 am

How long before points posted? Completed transaction one month and two statement closings ago.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by TheAJ
How long before points posted? Completed transaction one month and two statement closings ago.
I received my points in one month when my first statement closed.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheAJ
Are they on your statement, and just not in your Marriott account?

Or, did you even make a purchase?

Without more specific info, we cannot help you to find out where it has gone wrong.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:00 pm

Just to confirm since it hasn't been brought up in a while...anyone have success getting the 70k pts signing up after mid June using the link on FP? Just wondering if I should count that out at this point and just be happy getting the 50k.

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:54 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by ATekk
Just to confirm since it hasn't been brought up in a while...anyone have success getting the 70k pts signing up after mid June using the link on FP? Just wondering if I should count that out at this point and just be happy getting the 50k.

Thanks!
I used the link for the 70k on 7/8 and received approval and my card. I activated and spoke to a rep who confirmed that I received the 70k program, with first purchase. He even suggested I could buy a snickers bar to meet it. I chose a latte instead
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:08 pm

i just applied and was approved. my free night cert expires january...i though it was supposed to last a year?!?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by esquish
i just applied and was approved. my free night cert expires january...i though it was supposed to last a year?!?
Why did you think that?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
The cert is good for six months only. You may be able to extend it to a year if you call them and make a request.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by BonusLover
The cert is good for six months only.
oh, okay. does the stay have to be in the six month period or just the booking? also is the night refundable/changeable?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Why did you think that?
Different Marriott certs expire in different amounts of time. The certs eearned thorugh the Summer Bonus 2012 do last a full year (each of the 3 certs a year from the date it's issued). But not the certs from the credit card. (And not certs earned in previous stay bonuses. And not necessarily certs earned from future stays bonuses!)

Also, the Chase Priorirty Club Select card, which has a free nigh in subsequent years (the years that you pay the annual fee) only, those certs do last a year. So one also has to keep their hotel programs straight!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:00 pm

Has anyone that applied for this card gotten a "Decision Pending" notification immediately, but then two days later received an email saying that their free night reward was available?

I'm assuming that means I was approved, but haven't heard anything else! Would you call to check?
It looks like the same thing has happened to me. I got a 'decision pending" notification last week. The free night reward email arrived today, but, no other communication from Chase. Hum....
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:17 am

that happened with both my partner and i, and it took over a week from that point to get any correspondance from chase, but we were both approved. i can't imagine you'd get that email without being approved, so i'd just wait a bit. although people like to call recon right away, you do have thirty days from application so there's no real rush.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT
sent a letter asking for adjustment and got it!

07/20/2012 Bonus MR PREMIER VISA ADJUSTMENT 20,000 pts
07/20/2012 Bonus PREMIER VISA - MARRIOTT SPEND 3,151 pts
07/20/2012 Bonus MR VISA SPEND BONUS 50,000 pts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:00 am

Since I signed up for 50k offer, I sent a secure message asking for the higher 70k offer retroactively on 7/30. Today they replied saying that they would credit my account the 20k difference on my statement closing date. Chase rocks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.