Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted?] USAir MC Holders - 15k bonus for $1,250 spend Oct-Dec (each month)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Received an email today stating that I can earn 15,000 bonus miles by spending $1,250 each month in October, November and December (must meet spend in all 3 months to get the miles).

It does say "offer is valid for select cardmembers..." in the email, so looks like it is targeted. Check your email if you have the USAir MasterCard.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by j-rad
Received an email today stating that I can earn 15,000 bonus miles by spending $1,250 each month in October, November and December (must meet spend in all 3 months to get the miles).

It does say "offer is valid for select cardmembers..." in the email, so looks like it is targeted. Check your email if you have the USAir MasterCard.
Great!! Hope i get this one too!!

Which US MC do you have? The Platinum or the Premier??
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta PM, Amtrak Select, SPG Gold
I got targeted for this as well. Mine is a Premier World US MC. I'm uncertain if I'm going to go for it or not. All my normal spend is going to be tied up between meeting the SPG and the dual AA card spend, so if I did this it would mean running the money through square up or another similar program. While I wouldn't do that on Amex since I'd hate to draw a financial review, I'm wondering if it would be okay to do with Barclay. Anyone have any experience running that sort of spend through a Barclay card? The person to person language in the fine print sort of concerns me.

Here's the complete invitation and fine print, if anyone wants it:

Dear XXXX,

You can already earn miles for every purchase with your new US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard®. And with this special offer, your card is now more rewarding than ever. Earn 15,000 bonus miles when you spend over $1,250 in new purchases each month in October, November and December.ą

Getting away is easier than you think.
Every purchase gets you closer to getting away. Filling up your gas tank. Dining out. Booking your next vacation. Even monthly expenses, like cell phone and utility bills, will earn miles when you pay with your card. Best of all, for a limited time, all these new purchases can also add up to 15,000 bonus miles!

Start racking up the miles!
Just use your card every time you make a purchase to take advantage of this great offer. Remember, you need to spend over $1,250 in new purchases each month from October through December to qualify. You'll be redeeming your bonus miles for award travel in no time at all!

ą Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge over $1,250 in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each month from October 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. If you do not spend over $1,250 in any of the 3 months of the promotion, you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer. To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler's checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.

˛ Primary cardholder is responsible for all authorized user transactions.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Great!! Hope i get this one too!!

Which US MC do you have? The Platinum or the Premier??
I have the Premier World Card.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by j-rad
I have the Premier World Card.
Thanx j-rad!! Me too!! Cross my fingers!!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:19 pm

I got a rock. For those who received the e-mail, can you say what the subject/re line is to help me filter my spam?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkar
I got a rock. For those who received the e-mail, can you say what the subject/re line is to help me filter my spam?

Subject line: "Earn 15,000 bonus miles with your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard"
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:39 pm

Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:34 pm

Did anyone try to call and ask for the promo applied to their account?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:51 pm

I got it too. Premier World MC, just signed up last month. I'll definitely be doing it, it comes out to 18,750 miles including the base 1 mile per dollar spent, effectively becomes 5 miles per dollar spent (up to 1,250$ per month of course). Pretty hard to beat if you don't have big minimum spends to meet. Smart of them to lock up the Christmas season shopping.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, DL Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by tripice351
I got it too. Premier World MC, just signed up last month. I'll definitely be doing it, it comes out to 18,750 miles including the base 1 mile per dollar spent, effectively becomes 5 miles per dollar spent (up to 1,250$ per month of course). Pretty hard to beat if you don't have big minimum spends to meet. Smart of them to lock up the Christmas season shopping.

Got this too (I'm rarely targeted!!), but remember that it's a minimum of 1250 per month... NOT 3750 over 3 months!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:23 pm

Programs: 1K , 2MM, UA Club, *G, Admirals Club Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Email from Whom?

Hi,

Please let us know who sent the email.
Was is Barclays or USAirways or DividendMiles email address?

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:44 am

Programs: All of em...
Dang... Hope I get this!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:16 am

For those who received the offer, did anyone receive it by snail mail?

Also, for those who just had their card a month or less before receiving offer, did you put a lot of spending on this card?

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by MarcoBJ
Please let us know who sent the email.
Was is Barclays or USAirways or DividendMiles email address?
[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.