Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:47 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StrategyConsultant
I just got approved for the 40k card. Anyone know if I can get them to upgrade me to the 60k promotion?
Well, first the offer would have to exist and be available to you. Patience...
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by garykung
Well...Let's put it this way.

Current UA Elite are eligible for a 60K Promotion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...orer-card.html

It was used to allow double-dipping, but no longer anymore for now.

If Chase wants to attract people to apply, allowing double-dipping is the only method.
Okay. . . clarification please. I am a UA elite. I have that offer when I log in. If I have previously received 50k miles from Chase/United when I got the MP Visa last year (Sept. '10), will the 60k on this offer not be available to me?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by sadd
Gary,
Can one get both UA and Co cards?
Please clarify your situation or send PM.

Originally Posted by StrategyConsultant
I just got approved for the 40k card. Anyone know if I can get them to upgrade me to the 60k promotion?
Call Chase. The worst is they say no (which most likely the case - you have to say why you are eligible for a higher bonus).
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:06 am

I just sent a SM to Chase asking if i would receive the UA Explorer Bonus miles if I applied and am approved for the card if I already have the UA Mileage Plus Visa Signature or have HAD the card (going to close it soon cause of annual fee). Got a SM back about forwarding SM to rewards center and i will hear back in 2 or 3 biz days.

Will let you know the answer.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by metoo
I just sent a SM to Chase asking if i would receive the UA Explorer Bonus miles if I applied and am approved for the card if I already have the UA Mileage Plus Visa Signature or have HAD the card (going to close it soon cause of annual fee). Got a SM back about forwarding SM to rewards center and i will hear back in 2 or 3 biz days.

Will let you know the answer.
Don't rely on it. Read the actual bonus offer.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:17 pm

Then that would mean we really don't know what the T and C will be and it may apply to only new UA Mileage Plus CC holder.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 5:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by metoo
Then that would mean we really don't know what the T and C will be and it may apply to only new UA Mileage Plus CC holder.
We won't know anything until the offer comes out.

Patience, guys. I will let you know when I know.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgary
We won't know anything until the offer comes out.

Patience, guys. I will let you know when I know.
And again - I am guessing...so don't quote me on anything unless you read the actual T&Cs.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:15 am

Here are the T&C's:

50,000 Bonus Miles:
With this bonus offer you will qualify and receive 50,000 bonus miles after your first use of the card. First use includes using your account for purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account; cash advances are not included. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is only valid for first-time United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. United MileagePlus Explorer cardmembers will only receive one 50,000 bonus miles award if they apply for both the United Explorer Card and the Continental OnePass Plus Card after 7/19/2011. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your MileagePlus Program account.
As a one-time bonus each calendar year, once you reach $25,000 or more in net purchases you will receive 10,000 miles. For your first year as a cardmember, calendar year means the period beginning with your enrollment date through December 31st of that same year. Miles will be posted to your account 4-6 weeks after the billing cycle when you qualify for the bonus.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
Here are the T&C's:
We are talking about a different deal.

In simple there are 2 deals now:

1. One for elite (Used to allow double dipping)

2. One for everyone (not out yet).
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by garykung
We are talking about a different deal.

In simple there are 2 deals now:

1. One for elite (Used to allow double dipping)

2. One for everyone (not out yet).
Sorry. On point one - the only double dipping that has been precluded is opening one account for CO (post 7/19/11) and one for UA--correct?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
That seems to be the consenus from reading this thread. But if you did open a CO account pre 7/19/11 many are saying that needs to be closed before the end of the year otherwise it will be converted to a UA card and you'll lose the double dip anyway. Wish we could get something concrete on that from United!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yas46377
That seems to be the consenus from reading this thread. But if you did open a CO account pre 7/19/11 many are saying that needs to be closed before the end of the year otherwise it will be converted to a UA card and you'll lose the double dip anyway. Wish we could get something concrete on that from United!

Only problem with this is for someone like my wife (or others) that applied for the CO card in mid July but still pre- 7/19, but if they stick with the 6 month rule then can't cancel the card until 6 months have past, which means Jan 2012.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
Good point, didn't think about that. I just checked and I had mine approved on 6/13 so luckily I'm under the cancellation wire by a few weeks.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:32 pm

Kinda confusing answer but does it seem like a "yes" that I would receive the bonus miles for the UA Explorer Card?

Received my reply today:

Subject: Re: Other/Inquiry Not Listed

Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting Chase regarding the new Mileage
Plus Explorer program.

While you would not be eligible for a new account bonus on
another Mileage Plus Signature account, since the Mileage
Plus Explorer is a new program, you would be eligible for
the new account bonus miles if you submit a new account
application.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Linda Lundelius
E-mail Customer Service Advisor

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.

DO YOU KNOW AT CHASE ONLINE YOU CAN ....
- Gain instant access to view and download your credit
card information.
- See and pay your bill online
- Transfer balances
- Change your address and much more....

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

There is a new United Explorer Credit Card. If I plan to
apply for it and be approved, will I be able to receive
the bonus miles even if I have the UA Mileage Plus
Signature Visa or have HAD the UA Mileage Plus Signature
Visa before?

Thanks,
XXXXX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.