Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:30 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by TravelJunky2024
What is the fastest way to get "fresh" united miles into my account without flying?
I want to take advantage of this United offer ASAP, but I don't have miles in my account.
I've thought about transfering miles from US Airways, but its a terrible exchange rate.
I've thought about purchasing something through the united shopping link with a registered card. How long does it take for the miles to show up in the account?
Does anyone know of a faster way or promo?
Rewards Dining Network.
Will post in 2-3 days at most.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:05 pm

Looks like the Explorer card offer that comes through the UA site for the 50k miles (up to 65k) has expired.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dam13n
Looks like the Explorer card offer that comes through the UA site for the 50k miles (up to 65k) has expired.
It's available at a Chase branch for in-person application. Refer to the other thread on the UA card offer.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Mileage Plus Dining - 3 days
Shopping - a few hours to a few weeks
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:11 pm

My BF tried to get fresh miles for the 50K+5k bonus for the UA Explorer card.

Dined on 10/19, miles posted to MP Dining 10/30 no miles posted on UA as of 11/7.

He called UA to inquire about it, UA told him 4 to 6 weeks.

His experience is completely different from mine, as my miles posted to UA within 2 weeks of dining.

So, I wouldn't bet on getting the fresh UA miles via MP Dining to be less than 7 days. YMMV, in my BF's experience its going on +14 days to get fresh miles.

Today, 11/7, we went to the Chase branch office, and inquire about getting the UA explorer card, and yep, 50k sign on bonus with 5k AU and first year fee waived. Minimum spend is 2k /3 mths (I believe the online link is 1k/3mths, I may be wrong).

So, instead of waiting he is just going to apply at the Chase branch office, oh and he isn't a Chase customer.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: UA, Delta, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kyrafran
My BF tried to get fresh miles for the 50K+5k bonus for the UA Explorer card.

Dined on 10/19, miles posted to MP Dining 10/30 no miles posted on UA as of 11/7.

He called UA to inquire about it, UA told him 4 to 6 weeks.

His experience is completely different from mine, as my miles posted to UA within 2 weeks of dining.

So, I wouldn't bet on getting the fresh UA miles via MP Dining to be less than 7 days. YMMV, in my BF's experience its going on +14 days to get fresh miles.

Today, 11/7, we went to the Chase branch office, and inquire about getting the UA explorer card, and yep, 50k sign on bonus with 5k AU and first year fee waived. Minimum spend is 2k /3 mths (I believe the online link is 1k/3mths, I may be wrong).

So, instead of waiting he is just going to apply at the Chase branch office, oh and he isn't a Chase customer.
YMMV
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:00 am

Fresh miles posted for wife yesterday & saw offer for 65K again for her to apply.

7-10 days for united.com store portal purchase to post. Found some iphone screen cover that I don't need for < $2 shipped.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by skagen
Fresh miles posted for wife yesterday & saw offer for 65K again for her to apply.

7-10 days for united.com store portal purchase to post. Found some iphone screen cover that I don't need for < $2 shipped.

Could you pls let me know how you see the 65K offer? I would like to get that too. Thx
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by woow14610
Could you pls let me know how you see the 65K offer? I would like to get that too. Thx
That post was from November 10th. The current best offer is 50K miles, and I think you need fresh miles in your United account (and some luck?) to see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.