Improved UA Explorer card offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by wise2u
And we have a new record for impatiently waiting on points......the offer isn't even up yet, and this guy wants to know when the points will post!!! sheesh, get a grip dude....thats like putting the cart before the horse, before the cart was invented.
what do you mean the offer is not up? i have the card for a while now. if you don't like to answer a simple question then shut up but you don't have to be sneer about it. plus with the UA recent changes i get the mile and will get out of it. is that so shocking to you?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
I was thinking of applying for this card + chase sapphire card. Can you do 2 chase cards so close together?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by MrChu
Is there a reason to wait till Oct 6 to apply? I already have this offer when I sign in to my M+ account. And yes it does have a cut off of 7/19/11 for bonus. I got my CO one pass card with 50000 bonus in Jan 2011 so the way I see it I should be good to get the bonus with M+ if I apply today.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Some people (myself for instance) don't have this offer when they sign in to their Mileage Plus accounts. I get a 30k offer, for instance. Hence the excitement.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:04 am

dont have a fit

Originally Posted by InTheShed
what do you mean the offer is not up? i have the card for a while now. if you don't like to answer a simple question then shut up but you don't have to be sneer about it. plus with the UA recent changes i get the mile and will get out of it. is that so shocking to you?
the offer being discussed in this thread is a new promo that has not even started, it was supposed to start being offered in october, now its november.
so you dont have THIS card..... get it?
your misunderstanding and "simple question" reminded me of people that cant wait for points to post, so I wasnt sneering so much as LOL at you.

The delay for me is good and bad...good because I'm on vacation when it was originally planned to happen, and I'd hate to make a cc application on an android tablet over hotel wifi......bad because I want to apply for the SW card, and chase wont let ME apply for 2 cards within 30-60 days....and given the choice I'd rather have more UA miles.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:19 am

Let me get this right.
I have to sign up for a United Credit card on Oct 4th to get the 60,000 mile bonus?

Right now I only see the 40,000 miles bonus?
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1233,00.html
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:36 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tilhas
Let me get this right.
I have to sign up for a United Credit card on Oct 4th to get the 60,000 mile bonus?

the offer for 60k was originally scheduled for October 4th. it has now been Delayed until sometime in November
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tilhas
Let me get this right.

The rumor was that United/Chase were going to open up the 60K bonus for three days from October 4 to October 6. Somebody got skittish, and that plan has now been shelved. The latest rumor is that this offer will be made in November as set forth in post #67 of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17186751-post67.html.

If you're interested in the bigger offer, the only thing you can do is check this thread occasionally to see if the offer is actually made, but at this point, it doesn't appear as if applying on October 4 will be different from applying on October 3 or October 7.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:39 am

Chase was going to offer a United credit card with a 60,000 mile bonus offer (terms unknown) on October 4th, but has delayed the offer release until November. A few people have already been targeted for an offer like this, but most people will have to wait for the public offer.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
I called Chase twice today wanted for my UA MP Select Card retention bouns but no luck. The point is what both of the CSR mentioned is I can get the sign-up bouns for the new UA Explorer Card I specifically note that the bonus should exclude me as a current UA card holder but they still said I'm eligible. Anyway I'm looking forward for the 60k promotion! ^
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Originally Posted by cchuang1980
I called Chase twice today wanted for my UA MP Select Card retention bouns but no luck. The point is what both of the CSR mentioned is I can get the sign-up bouns for the new UA Explorer Card I specifically note that the bonus should exclude me as a current UA card holder but they still said I'm eligible. Anyway I'm looking forward for the 60k promotion! ^
I won't risk canceling the (now discontinued) MP Select card. It has better benefits than the current comparable United cards.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by efox
I won't risk canceling the (now discontinued) MP Select card. It has better benefits than the current comparable United cards.
Yeah I know, just wanted to grab some 10k mileages. But the Chase CSRs are seems also trained not giving out retention bouns easily and trying to verbally convince you to keep the card instead. Since the Select card is indeed good enough that I can't grab a strong point to fight with them.
But anyway I'm asking the opinion regarding owning both cards and having both sign-up bonuses. Anyone has the similar experience to verify?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
gives me time for a couple of inquiries to drop + spread out the application(s) timeline from other cards

Yup, also hoping this offer (if it ever comes out) will be starting sometimes early 2011 instead as that gives me time for Chase not to deny me for opening too many already in short time.^
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I got a CO OnePass account a few months ago, transferred 50k Amex Platinum Rewards points to it, got the Chase Sapphire Preferred, which should get me another 50k miles.

Just got the Chase One Pass MC, for another 25k.

So if this new offer does come, does it make sense to get a MP account now so that the CO OP account isn't converted to MP and it's too late for this offer?

Or should I be able to get the MP account as I apply for this card?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:09 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by metoo
Great news...but i sure hope reconsideration department will approve me. My Chase application started in May with British Airways, Continental, then Sapphire Preferred and lastly Southwest in August. 2011.

Just call and ask for Lending Services and close one of the above accounts and transfer credit limit to this one. I just did that because I do not want another card and had a British Air one from the 100K promo a couple of years ago.

I applied and immediately called and did it over the phone. I get the impression if you wait a few days it may be harder to do this. Agent said since I just applied he could do anything now. He offered to transfer part of BA card and have both.. I do not need both.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
I got a CO OnePass account a few months ago, transferred 50k Amex Platinum Rewards points to it, got the Chase Sapphire Preferred, which should get me another 50k miles.

Just got the Chase One Pass MC, for another 25k.

So if this new offer does come, does it make sense to get a MP account now so that the CO OP account isn't converted to MP and it's too late for this offer?

Or should I be able to get the MP account as I apply for this card?
From what I understand, you are too late already. Unless you got your CO OP card before July 19, 2011 (the roll-out date of UA explorer card), Chase is going to consider you as having already receive UACO bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.