Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sadd
where is the link? I could not find here.
Public link is not available yet. Targeted offer especially to UA 1k elites has been there for a while already.

You can log in your UA account and see if you have a targeted offer...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
According to most it should be available in November now due to an early leak of the offer. Hopefully it does not happen a 2nd time.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by metoo
GaryKung

" Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer".

The above is what is confusing. Existing UA cardmembers as in UA Mileage Plus or UA Explorer?

If it is ANY UA credit card, then I think alot of us do not qualify for the bonus miles.

BTW, what the heck is AFAIK? I see this quite often on other threads as well
In theory, it applies to all UA cards (including M+ Explorer). That's why you need a offer that the T&Cs do not mention anything like this.

Originally Posted by kiam
I did 3 months window for 3 applications last year, all were approved.
Same product?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:19 am

I thought I had posted on this but it seems not.

When (if?) the actual linkable, usable offer is released, I suggest we start a new thread. This thread has over 130 posts already and we are apparently weeks away from a real offer. Cleaning this up at the onset would be a big plus.

Another suggestion-would the OP of that new thread, or someone writing one of the first posts, commit to maintaining information on the offer as it develops. The role model I have in mind is jcmitchell21, whose work on the AA 75k Citi deal has been so helpful in keeping a current database of what works and what doesn't.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I see now the threat title has been changed reflecting the "November" date. I have been following this thread, well, about half of the thread, and I remember this "November" wasn't noted in the title then. Now I guess I can't go through the entire thread quickly, so I'd like someone to help me out with a straight answer -

Is it really confirmed that we are going to have a new 60K offer in November?

I have this question and need the answer right away, because I am just about to apply some cards, and if this "November" thing is confirmed then I will consider postponing my application till then. Otherwise, I might just well settle with the current 40K offer right away.

Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:25 pm

Unfortunately, nothing is truly "confirmed" until you see the actual offer out there and available. But again the consenus from bloggers who participate in marketing these new offers believe the new date to be November based on their sources. So porbably a good bet but again you never know till you see it.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Yas46377
Unfortunately, nothing is truly "confirmed" until you see the actual offer out there and available. But again the consenus from bloggers who participate in marketing these new offers believe the new date to be November based on their sources. So porbably a good bet but again you never know till you see it.
Thanks for your insight! Could you point me to the sources/links please? I'd like to do some assessment about how "confirmed" the situation is.

Last edited by WebNomad; Oct 9, 2011 at 1:51 pm
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:08 pm

Well here's one source at least on the Frugal Travel Guy's blog: http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2011/...rd-offers.html

There might be others that I'm not aware of.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again!

If the credit card companies want people to sign up their cards, why would they pull it out because of a leak? Woudn't that mean the anticipation and hype of the leak would lead to more signups?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again!

If the credit card companies want people to sign up their cards, why would they pull it out because of a leak? Woudn't that mean the anticipation and hype of the leak would lead to more signups?
Maybe they just want new customers not the churners? :-)
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yoyo
Maybe they just want new customers not the churners? :-)
That mighe be the case but don't they just give the bonus out to new customers only?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P
You have a point there, I suppose going by the T&C makes more sense. So I guess I luck out since I have never had a UA card before and I'll cancel my OnePass card in December before it converts! Maybe sooner if the UA 60,000 offer comes out in November for only a limited period!
Newbie Question

I am trying to understand why they are needing to cancel the OP+ card before years' end? I thought as long OP+ was approved before 7/19/11, one would be able to get the bonus upon approval? Is not the free free year good for 365 days from approval?

I must be missing something.....
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:48 pm

Well here's one source at least on the Frugal Travel Guy's blog: http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2011/...rd-offers.html

There might be others that I'm not aware of.
Nice one. Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by goofy777
Newbie Question

I am trying to understand why they are needing to cancel the OP+ card before years' end? I thought as long OP+ was approved before 7/19/11, one would be able to get the bonus upon approval? Is not the free free year good for 365 days from approval?

I must be missing something.....
The closing of the account is unrelated to the bonus.

When M+ survives, OP+ will be definitely converted to M+ Explorer, sooner or later. And when you have M+ Explorer already, why do you need to keep another card that bear an annual fee (remember - only first year is waived) and do you no good at all?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:22 am

@goofy777 - Because after the end of the year the OnePass card will be converted into a M+ card meaning you are no longer eligible for any M+ signup bonuses even though you didn't technically open one yourself. So to stop that from happening I am going to cancel my card before the end of the year so I don't lose that opportunity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.