Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT youll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- its from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please dont call Citi for the passes, because youll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I dont have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, youll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what wont, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
Theres a very good chance that itll be coded as a cash advance.
Its recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by longhorn11
I would be interested to hear more results on this. The T&Cs state that these benefits are only valid on new accounts, also the AF increased $10. If you can get these added benefits and the 50k + $100 credit this would obviously make a huge difference. Someone that applied using the links in the OP would be a "new" customer and would have applied after (or just before) these benefits were announced. Unfortunately I think existing cardholders are left out in the cold.
I applied before the new benefits were announced (if they have been announced yet -- I don't see anything on AA's site). I just asked the rep what bonuses I was enrolled in.

I'd be surprised if existing accounts got the new benefits, but if it's been long enough, apply for a new card.

What is AF?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
I'd be surprised if existing accounts got the new benefits, but if it's been long enough, apply for a new card.

What is AF?
I can apply this month for AA (I'm waiting until the beginning of May though) so I would hope the 50k will work with the added benefits. The AF used to be $85 now it's $95.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:40 am

I just applied for the AA Business Visa using fly8.citicards.com (50k points, $150 free after first purchase, and 2 Club passes) and I got to step 5 with no application number. Does anyone know what this means?

I want to get my story ready before I call up Citi.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
I've had a citi aa gold mc since 2009. For the past couple years, when its time for the annual fee, I call to cancel, but end up keeping the card b/c of what has been offered to me. I also have the citi aa amex which is linked to the mc. I did have the citi business with the 75k (opened 10/2010 and cancelled b4 annual fee)

Now, I want to get in all these offers, but not sure of what route to take. I want to cancel both existing personal cards (AF hits May). But when should I apply???? After reading the thread, I believe you have to wait 18-24 months to be able to get the bonus again. Does that mean, after I cancel I have to wait the same time?? Should I apply for the Business card again (50k, $150 credit) first and do the 2 personal a few months after I cancel or vice versa?? I've been trying to hold off on applying only b/c I have gotten the citi hilton, delta amex,chase marriott&the priority club along with the continental & united business cc--^^-all between end of Oct 2010-beginning of Jan.

Any advice??? Thanks!!!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by express3
I've had a citi aa gold mc since 2009. For the past couple years, when its time for the annual fee, I call to cancel, but end up keeping the card b/c of what has been offered to me. I also have the citi aa amex which is linked to the mc. I did have the citi business with the 75k (opened 10/2010 and cancelled b4 annual fee)

Now, I want to get in all these offers, but not sure of what route to take. I want to cancel both existing personal cards (AF hits May). But when should I apply???? After reading the thread, I believe you have to wait 18-24 months to be able to get the bonus again. Does that mean, after I cancel I have to wait the same time?? Should I apply for the Business card again (50k, $150 credit) first and do the 2 personal a few months after I cancel or vice versa?? I've been trying to hold off on applying only b/c I have gotten the citi hilton, delta amex,chase marriott&the priority club along with the continental & united business cc--^^-all between end of Oct 2010-beginning of Jan.

Any advice??? Thanks!!!
Read the first post and the post linked there, and follow the instructions. That's what I did, and it turned out great.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: many
-Just applied.
-Instant approval.
-50K/$150/2AA confirmed for the offer.

Thanks FT!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
-Just applied.
-Instant approval.
-50K/$150/2AA confirmed for the offer.

Thanks FT!
Im sure this was discussed but isnt the link in the OP only for $100 statement credit. Or did you use a different link
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by whynotnow
Im sure this was discussed but isnt the link in the OP only for $100 statement credit. Or did you use a different link
$150 statement credit:

http://www.fly8.citicards.com/
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fr33b13
I just applied for the AA Business Visa using fly8.citicards.com (50k points, $150 free after first purchase, and 2 Club passes) and I got to step 5 with no application number. Does anyone know what this means?

Not a good sign. I was denied on mine last year with same situation - Step 5 but no App ID nor phone number. Talked to 2 reps both tried and then came back to tell me the system would not let them to over-ride anything for the denial. I did not follow up with letter to Exec Office.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Not a good sign. I was denied on mine last year with same situation - Step 5 but no App ID nor phone number. Talked to 2 reps both tried and then came back to tell me the system would not let them to over-ride anything for the denial. I did not follow up with letter to Exec Office.

That's a bummer. Thanks for the info Happy.
I guess I'll call tomorrow since it's after 5PM already.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:10 pm

Same here, and my application was automatically approved after a week. I kept calling the automated system for updates, but did not ask to speak with a representative.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by ioananv
Same here, and my application was automatically approved after a week. I kept calling the automated system for updates, but did not ask to speak with a representative.
ioanany, You give me hope! Maybe, I should keep my mouth shut then...
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 pm
Suspended

2 $150 credit for amex and visa ?

if i apply for the amex and visa, 2 cards, i get 2 $150 statement credits plus the 50k bonus points from each card?
Or I get just one $150 statement credit from both amex and visa advantage cards?

any working links for for the $150 credit offers?

the citi advantage amex,

citi advantage visa
citi advantage visa business

thanks

Last edited by jimmy1; Apr 2, 2012 at 11:04 pm
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by dongrilla
Received the below offer today, but when I click on the link it doesn't show me the offer details in application. This is the first time I am applying for Citi AA and want to make sure the will honor the offer..

• One time $150 statement credit for the first eligible American Airlines purchase made within 12 months of cardmembership
  • Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership2 enough for two domestic round-trip flight awards
  • Two Admirals Club one day passes for complimentary access to over 40 Admirals Clubs worldwide upon enrollment as a cardmember

Is this worth applying ? If I apply for both visa and amex what are the chances of getting approved and will it count as two hits ?

Visa (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Amex (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033
Originally Posted by saacman5033
My daughter received the same offer so I can verify the validity of the links posted by dongrilla. Just as mentioned with the 75k offers, there is some level of faith required as no landing page exists for these offers. That thread proved quite successful for many people so I would feel pretty confident with these offers as well.

Actually, my daughter's offer included a business (VISA) link as given below:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006
Originally Posted by jimmy1
if i apply for the amex and visa, 2 cards, i get 2 $150 statement credits plus the 50k bonus points from each card?
Or I get just one $150 statement credit from both amex and visa advantage cards?

any working links for for the $150 credit offers?

the citi advantage amex,

citi advantage visa
citi advantage visa business

thanks
Jimmy - the links above should work for you. There is no more splash page listing the details, but it's second hand now to just trust the links as long as you can still fill out the application. If you apply for both personal cards, remember to use the two browser trick.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Jimmy - the links above should work for you. There is no more splash page listing the details, but it's second hand now to just trust the links as long as you can still fill out the application. If you apply for both personal cards, remember to use the two browser trick.
thanks. My other question was if i apply for both the amex and visa doing 2BM, do i get $150 statement credit on each card or just one $150 statement credit on both cards?
thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.