Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
For the greater good of mankind and the advancement of science, I have altruistically offered up myself as a guinea pig and signed up today using my Mileage Plus number and Mileage Plus Explorer card........ and then on a different computer with a different browser and a different e-mail address, I signed up for another Netflix account using my CO OnePass number and OnePass Plus card. Both times it accepted and acknowledged the Mileage Plus deal so we'll see what happens. I'll follow up if and when anything posts to either account or if I'm just out $8 extra for nothing as my punishment for being greedy. The $7.99 charges show pending on both cc's.
Anxiously awaiting your result!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Is it safe to go ahead and do this with my current MP number, or should I wait till after 3/3?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Originally Posted by roki
Is it safe to go ahead and do this with my current MP number, or should I wait till after 3/3?
I would wait the two days to be sure.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:14 am

I signed up for Netflix using my Continental Pass number and was successful as being noted a lst timer from Netflix. Folks have been reporting a transfer of 4 k miles within a week. It has been 4 days for me now. U think there will be problems with Netflix miles being deposited in my account?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by metoo
I signed up for Netflix using my Continental Pass number and was successful as being noted a lst timer from Netflix. Folks have been reporting a transfer of 4 k miles within a week. It has been 4 days for me now. U think there will be problems with Netflix miles being deposited in my account?
I would just be patient. My deposit took a full week, others have seen shorter or longer wait times. Presume as well that CO may have some additional delays as my CO acct has not been updating as timely as the UA acct did. Now with the integration, my thoughts are there will be some additional delays and some promos will simply be lost forever and all the attempts with the pathetic UA/CO reps will still not recover everything. Worst case, you are out $8
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by pcharles
I would just be patient. My deposit took a full week, others have seen shorter or longer wait times. Presume as well that CO may have some additional delays as my CO acct has not been updating as timely as the UA acct did. Now with the integration, my thoughts are there will be some additional delays and some promos will simply be lost forever and all the attempts with the pathetic UA/CO reps will still not recover everything. Worst case, you are out $8
$8.55 to be exact... my first month's fee just posted. We'll see how long / if my miles post. I did this last time around they did the promo, but signed up with my CO FF# this time around and a different CC.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
$8.55 to be exact... my first month's fee just posted. We'll see how long / if my miles post. I did this last time around they did the promo, but signed up with my CO FF# this time around and a different CC.

Mine has always been $7.99, no tax added in CA
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by daiseee
Anxiously awaiting your result!
Mixed results but I'm happy.

Posted today

02/29/2012 NETFLIX EXTRA MILE PROMO 4,000
02/29/2012 NETFLIX EXTRA MILE PROMO 2,000

I'm kind of thinking maybe the 2K from Netflix posted on the second entry but the extra 2k for the United card must come from United since how could Netflix even know if I had a United Card or not. And maybe United wouldn't be double dipped on their portion. Or else maybe it was because I used a pre-converted CO card on the second order.

Should I complain I only got 2k Think I'll leave well enough alone and enjoy my 6K
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Mixed results but I'm happy.

Posted today

02/29/2012 NETFLIX EXTRA MILE PROMO 4,000
02/29/2012 NETFLIX EXTRA MILE PROMO 2,000

I'm kind of thinking maybe the 2K from Netflix posted on the second entry but the extra 2k for the United card must come from United since how could Netflix even know if I had a United Card or not. And maybe United wouldn't be double dipped on their portion. Or else maybe it was because I used a pre-converted CO card on the second order.

Should I complain I only got 2k Think I'll leave well enough alone and enjoy my 6K
LEAVE.
IT.
ALONE.

Double dip was technically against terms.
Be happy with what you got!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
It's been 2 weeks and $16 for me pal and still nothing. Get in line.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
It's been 2 weeks and $16 for me pal and still nothing. Get in line.
Check today yet?? Postings have seem to been posting today in particular.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Yep, 4k just posted today!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:52 pm

Opened Netflix on February 29th using Continental Pass Account Number and United Explorer Card. 4000 miles showed up on my United Account.

Don't forget to cancel before the month is up. I still have another Netflix account open due to playing the U.S. Grand Slam. Will be off the hook May 14th
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:25 pm

I signed up Feb 28 using my old United MileagePlus number, 4000 miles posted to my account today.

Last edited by AggieTraveler; Mar 6, 2012 at 9:13 pm
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
To continue with the theme, my 4000 miles posted this evening as well. Time to cancel

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.