AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
What will Amex do?
https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...0037b3ad94RCRD
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by breef
I've never ordered anything from AA Shopping but pulled the trigger on one.

In your experience, what is the typical lag time for the miles to hit the account? We talking weeks or months from the purchase?
I purchased something from Overstock through AA shopping on 7/16 and the miles posted by the end of the month (it just says 7/16, but i dont' think they posted on that date). I purchased something from Groupon on July 30th, and my miles are pending, but their is a line item in there. I'm guessing within a week or two, you should see a line item in there showing what miles you will get for the purchase, even if they haven't posted to your AA account yet.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by breef
I've never ordered anything from AA Shopping but pulled the trigger on one.

In your experience, what is the typical lag time for the miles to hit the account? We talking weeks or months from the purchase?
A few weeks maybe? Total cost was $134 ($143 w/ tax) for 3... or $59 each. I'm having trouble doing the math on that one... but I like it even more.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
I'm rolling the dice on one... thanks OP!! Good luck erybody!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:53 am

Besides, not sure why everyone thinks this is even a mistake -
I see it more as an unadvertised sale - happens all the time with the airlines.

Unlike free or almost free airline deals in the past, this was not a free product. We paid full price + as some have stated, probably 20% premium versus other websites. AA was simply encouraging business with one of their retail partners.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mikensf74

Unlike free or almost free airline deals in the past, this was not a free product. We paid full price + as some have stated, probably 20% premium versus other websites. AA was simply encouraging business with one of their retail partners.
I can hear the guy from the executive customer service at AA snickering over the phone already.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:57 am

Hopefully AA posts how many miles we are supposed to get within the 2 week return window. Otehrwise this could get ugly, although i did put it on an AMEX which helps.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Did it (just one). Should I call AA shopping and ask about it?

JUST KIDDING.

I do feel a little dirty, and more than slightly foolish. Is that normal? Will have to listen to inspirational messages on the blue tooth headset while flying in J TPAC...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...AA was simply encouraging business with one of their retail partners.
Miles are offered by the retailer, not by AA, and the 83,000 miles would cost Verizon far more than the selling price of the item.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:01 am

I'm new at this but this appears legit. Why would you question this? They want you to go through their portal to get miles and instead of miles per dollar, they are offering a lump sum.

They succeeded in getting us to buy a product that is overpriced and I have no need for.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:01 am

Just purchased 3 hope the miles post. For some reason if aa does not honor this at first then at least a good amount of us have ordered on here and we can all come together to fight this one. For 250,000 miles the fight will be worth it.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), QF GOLD
I jumped on the band wagon for 1 as well. Is there a phone number to call AAdvantage shopping about this deal? Hope it works out for all who have taken the risk..!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: AA, UA
If you click on Product Details for that Verizon Wireless link, you'll see Total Estimated Reward: 13 miles
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:04 am

Buying with Amex

Anyone know if buying more than one would result in $35 restocking fee per item?

Also, would buying with Amex and then returning to Amex after the 14 day return window is up eliminate the need to pay the $35 restocking fee. I've never used Amex's return policy before.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:04 am

I'm sure that's it.

AA will pay out $2000 in miles for someone to purchase a $59.99 headset.

Makes good business sense to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.