[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Subscribe
Holders of Platinum & Premier Gold personal and business cards can get 10K for each additional cardholder up to 5. On gold cards up to 5 AU's is free. On Platinum 5 Gold AU's can be added for $45 total.

Must spend something on each card.

Names and birthdates are required but they are strangely not requiring SSN's as strictly as AmEx usually does. I told csr one was Canadian with no SSN and although she didn't think system would take it, it did and card arrived already.

Offer supposed to be good through 12/31/11 but is targeted so may have to phone a couple times to get agreeable csr.

Phone Membership Rewards and mention offer code 5721

Offer 5721 also applies to the Business Premier Gold card so hopefully this will be 100K MR points for me !

I've had to phone twice on each card to get the promo applied.

Update: AmEx csr's are telling many people that 5721 is only for Argentina and refusing to add it to accounts, but a few people are still getting it added.
Thanks, is there a cost for adding users to the Gold card also? I just did it for my wife without a fee.
Quote: Thanks, is there a cost for adding users to the Gold card also? I just did it for my wife without a fee.
I was thinking the same thing. I've got a premier rewards gold card, and already have the wife as additional cardholder. There is no fee for the first 5 additional cards, then $35 for each after that. With this promo is it going to be $45 per additional card, $45 total for any number of additional cards?
Quote: Thanks, is there a cost for adding users to the Gold card also? I just did it for my wife without a fee.

I haven't done it yet. Waiting until morning. Wish I had a Platinum as well as my Gold now in case you can do it on both.
Quote: I was thinking the same thing. I've got a premier rewards gold card, and already have the wife as additional cardholder. There is no fee for the first 5 additional cards, then $35 for each after that. With this promo is it going to be $45 per additional card, $45 total for any number of additional cards?
$45 total- $9 each.
I'm single. Can I just give them 5 fake names of imaginary family members and get 50,000 points for $45? What's the downside to doing that?

Wait, dansdeals.com says you need to give a DOB and SS#:

Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 12:03 am
10,000 American Express Membership Rewards Points For Each Additional Cardholder!

DansDeals Forum member bubbles reports that you can get 10,000 membership rewards points for each additional cardholder you add to your American Express Charge Card.

Forum members have reported success getting these points on additional cards added to charge cards like the American Express Platinum Card and the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card. People have been able to get points for cards added in the past as well as get the code notated in the accounts for cards being added now.
Additional cardholders must be at least 15 and you do need to give a date of birth and social security number. You need to spend $1 on the additional card to get the points.
You can add up to 5 additional gold cardholders onto a Platinum or Gold account for $45 total (which comes out to $9 per card) and youll get 50,000 points!

Just call the Membership Rewards department at 1-800-AXP-EARN and mention offer code: 5721. Or call the number on the back of your card.
I thought adding additional cardholders in the Platinum Card was $175 for up to 3 users?
Since MR is closed until 9am e.s.t. we'll have to wait on all details.
Thanks OP.
I'm just worried as to how much continued generosity MR will show some of us with all these great promos (InSite, 75k/100k, now this!).
Do anyone know if adding a Gold cardholder from Platinum still count?

AFAIK, it is free, right?
Point devaluation just like the dollar. Get ready for a 200,000 point mile offer from someone soon.

Quote: I'm just worried as to how much continued generosity MR will show some of us with all these great promos (InSite, 75k/100k, now this!).
I called the # on the back of my card and after being on hold, CSR told me that this promo is not associated with my account and that I recently received 75K bonus.
CSR also told me that the additional cards are $45 each.

Will try again in the am and see what a different CSR says...
Since they're asking for DOB and SS# on additional card holder, how are they verifying?
Quote: Since they're asking for DOB and SS# on additional card holder, how are they verifying? I don't understand whey they would ask for SS# and how they would know if it's real..

I wouldn't recommend giving them a fake SS#. There's a good chance it would be someone else's real SS#, and when your credit card account turns up on that person's credit report, you could find yourself in some trouble.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  11