Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
50K MR points for $225 ??? heck yea it's worth it!! I am going to call today and see if I can do it for my Plat card AND my PR card!

fingers crossed....
I think it's actually $45 TOTAL, not $225.

But I'm not sure that it doesn't count as a credit pull since they're using real names and SSN's -- seen posts of people claiming it doesn't, but I'm not sure I'll place my implicit trust in that. Credit pull for the new cardholder is absolutely NOT worth it for only 10k MR points (at least not to me or the people I'd add).
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I just called MR about my premier gold card. no problem to add 4 additional cards (at no cost). they did not ask for SS numbers. only name, dob, address. each person just has to make one purchase to receive the 10k. awasome! thanks op

and i just did the same for my business gold card. 80k total. i love it!!

Last edited by ekartash; Aug 10, 2011 at 7:44 am
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: AA-plt
What minimum age to add kids?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I will most certainly get verbal assurance that they do NOT do a hard pull before giving anyone's SSN. Can do DO a hard pull on someone without their permission anyway?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I haven't tried yet but for Premier Gold is free for the first 5, then $35 for each additional.

First/Last name and birth date is required, SS is not required, you can check it online but you have to call in order to get the bonus ^

Last edited by fedechat; Aug 10, 2011 at 7:57 am
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Just Phoned

On first call CSR could not find promo 5721. Phoned back.

2nd CSR added 5721 to my personal premier gold, took two names of AU, repeated 10K bonus for each, and said no fee for up to 5 on gold premier.

As a few others have mentioned, my CSR said that only birth dates were necessary to issue card- SSN could be supplied later. I wonder about this though as I've previously had trouble with incorrect SSN on an SPG AU.

This CSR said the promo was only for the personal card not biz but I'm phoning back on that one too.

update: I phoned back with my business gold card and CSR also added promo 5721 to the biz card !!

Last edited by tassojunior; Aug 10, 2011 at 8:22 am
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
I will most certainly get verbal assurance that they do NOT do a hard pull before giving anyone's SSN.
Good luck and let us know what you hear back!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by loudgonzo
What minimum age to add kids?
I believe I saw 15 and older

Last edited by encierro98; Aug 10, 2011 at 8:18 am
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:19 am

Here is my story (persistence pays off):

Call 1: CSR who put me on hold for a while to see if she could get a "supervisor" to approve the promotion... I guessing she just needed a potty break. When she came back after about 10 minutes, she said she could not apply the promotion because my wife's card was not new.

Call 2: I called right back and got a much more bubbly. Her "system had frozen" so she couldn't access my account. Apparently she’s bit hit by today’s solar flare. She asked me to wait 30 minutes and call back.

Call 3: On my third call (I called right back again), I got another rep that placed me on hold to research (I really hate the AmEx hold music. It's only about 10 seconds long and plays on a loop). 8 minutes later she credited my account 10,000 points. Woo!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by encierro98
Ok, so are there any success stories. And confirmation on the cost, is it $9 per user or $45. What are the chances those miles will post before the end of the CO/MR periord?
My interest exactly! When I'd get those offer and fill the spending conditions I would call them up and ask for those points just like I did call for the extra 50K for the Gold MR. That'll before Sept. 30th
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by ekartash
I just called MR about my premier gold card. no problem to add 4 additional cards (at no cost). they did not ask for SS numbers. only name, dob, address. each person just has to make one purchase to receive the 10k. awasome! thanks op

Thanks to the OP and thanks to ekarthash for the first success stories for the Gold MR accounts!!!!! This is good for our community^
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by ekartash

Now my question is: Could I theoretically sign up everyone in my family for an additional card, make a purchase on each card, then cancel that card in one fell swoop? Obviously this would be within a month time frame or so. Does anyone see any negative credit implications of doing such a thing? Just a thought.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Best to use the 1-800-AXP-EARN number. I tried the number on the back of the card and they couldn't find it. The Amex Rewards people had no problems finding the promo. They are having some computer issues this morning but they took care of me right away.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Free & Also Good for Biz Card

updated OP to show up to 5 AU's free on Gold card and promo 5721 also good on business gold card.

Just added promo to my personal and biz cards- 100K bonus points !
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Will signing up my wife as an authorized user on my Amex PRG card prevent her from getting a future signup bonus if she applies for her own card in the future?

Any other downsides anyone can possibly see from adding someone as an authorized user?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.