Reload this Page >

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:35 am

What was the terms of 5721? I forgot. I got in on this deal and had my account notated before it was killed. I have to spend at least $1 on each additional card and then wait 6-8 weeks and have them manually post the points?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
i called amex last night at 9pm EST and was lucky to get the first CSR to add the cards very painlessly and notate the account. I think it still may be possible for those who want to continue to try. The CSR also gave me his ID # in the event we had issues with getting the points.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Called in to MR this morning on a different matter. Had tried several times over the past three days trying to get this offer to no avail. When I asked the MR CSR about 5721 she indicated you had to have a letter or email offer in order for one to get this bonus.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
SO annoying

OK so 5 AUs are added no problem to the Personal. Only 3 of the 5 I added on the Business show up. I call again today as they still are not showing on my activity. One was rejected (but ok on Personal) but they could not tell me why. The other was not rejected but they had no record of it.....Got that one done and confirmed. Now the fun part. They have a record of the promo on my Personal but not on the Business. This despite two separate phone calls and confirmations yesterday by the Business CSRs.

I am transfered to a supervisor who then says that the code is only for the Personal Card and NOT the Business. Mentions nothing about it being on an invitation only not for only Argentina members.

I told her I have the names and the locations as well as the time I called yesterday. She wants it and of course I cant find it right away and my other phone is ringing. Bust day at work today so still have not found the people's names, etc but it is recorded on their system that the offer applie to the Business Card.

This game is not as much fun as it use to be.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:38 am

I talked with a family member who called this morning (around 10am EST) and had MR cust service add the code without issue, though the regular CSR who was adding the AUs did mention that since it was supposed to be targeted she was lucky she already had it added to her account.

I called MR and verified it had been added for me last night and it was - then added two more AUs - they requested SS#s but agreed to try to process it without and at least for now they seemed to go through, though they said that they typically need them for security on the account whatever that means.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:43 am

I've been adding AUs as gold on my Plat to get the 5 for $45, but they said I could add 3 Plat for $175 - nothing unusual there - but then when I asked if the people added could get the credit for getting the Global Re-entry, they said yes - doesn't that cost something like $100?

Anyone know if this is really true? If so, seems like $175 well spent if it is something they might use, in addition to the extra 30,000 points. Just seems too good to be true that they would give you something like $300 in additional benefits for the $175.

Anyone know if the same people who were added as AUs for a gold card can be added as AUs for a Plat care? At least it would save finding 3 other people.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by cruisr
OK so 5 AUs are added no problem to the Personal. Only 3 of the 5 I added on the Business show up. I call again today as they still are not showing on my activity. One was rejected (but ok on Personal) but they could not tell me why. The other was not rejected but they had no record of it.....Got that one done and confirmed. Now the fun part. They have a record of the promo on my Personal but not on the Business. This despite two separate phone calls and confirmations yesterday by the Business CSRs.

I am transfered to a supervisor who then says that the code is only for the Personal Card and NOT the Business. Mentions nothing about it being on an invitation only not for only Argentina members.

I told her I have the names and the locations as well as the time I called yesterday. She wants it and of course I cant find it right away and my other phone is ringing. Bust day at work today so still have not found the people's names, etc but it is recorded on their system that the offer applie to the Business Card.

This game is not as much fun as it use to be.

I added 5 to my PR Gold online and they showed up right away in activity. I added 5 to my Business Gold over the phone and none of them have showed up in activity yet. I remember the rep telling me I might have to activate them first once I receive them in the mail before they would show up?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Family Traveler
Anyone know if the same people who were added as AUs for a gold card can be added as AUs for a Plat care? At least it would save finding 3 other people.
I did it. I used 3 of the AUs that I opened Gold cards for and opened Plat cards for them too. The rep said that's totally OK.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
For people who got in on this -- do your AUs show up on your online account yet? It's weird that only one of my 5 AUs for the PRG is showing up now, and none for the Biz Gold.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
For people who got in on this -- do your AUs show up on your online account yet? It's weird that only one of my 5 AUs for the PRG is showing up now, and none for the Biz Gold.
All the AUs (both Gold and Plat) I signed up show up on my account now. Not sure about biz though...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Family Traveler
...but then when I asked if the people added could get the credit for getting the Global Re-entry, they said yes - doesn't that cost something like $100?

Anyone know if this is really true?
Yes, Global Entry is reimbursed for each Plat AU!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I added 5 AUs to each of our 3 business Gold accounts. Only 1 shows up on 1 account. Bizarre. YMMV. I really wasted time on this. We'll see.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by dohvegas
Yes, Global Entry is reimbursed for each Plat AU!
Thanks for the confirmation - Seems like a great deal....or at least good justification for paying at least one year for three AUs.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:05 pm

Same here, seems like a common problem, did you call and ask why?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 out of 2 showed up on my personal card. 0 out of 2 showed up on husband's personal card. This is despite both cards were done on same phone call and the CSR said "Congrats" and "All are approved" on handling each. On each card we just added the spouse, and then added my brother to both cards. My brother's card shows up on mine but not on husband's yet. My name is not on husband's card yet.

The adding was done yesterday afternoon.

Last night we called to inquire the no show - were told it would take 48 hours for them to show up but did confirm there were additions done.

As of now my husband's card still does not show any AU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.