[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by jack5432
Since they're asking for DOB and SS# on additional card holder, how are they verifying? I don't understand whey they would ask for SS# and how they would know if it's real..
I thought CC companies do hard pull when you add authorized user and give them SSN? Someone correct me if I am wrong
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by element7
I thought CC companies do hard pull when you add authorized user and give them SSN? Someone correct me if I am wrong
That what I was wondering about -- if they're verifying the SSN, that means they're doing a credit pull?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by element7
AmEx does a soft pull on the additional cardmember to verify their identity. It does not affect their credit score, etc.

For those who were wondering, I will highly advise against giving a false SSN to Amex to gain MR points. They will verify. What you can try is not give a SSN at all - I doubt MR will know whether the SSN is on-file and even if they do, if you get a nice MR rep (whose willing to notate the offer on your untargeted account any way), they won't care as long as you've met the first purchase requirement.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I would assume they would want SS# and DOB to verify identity, and do a soft pull. Don't authorized users build credit off that card, i.e. parents putting their kids on as authorized users?

I'm thinking about adding both my parents as authorized users, and just never giving them the cards. I can make a few online purchases with the cards to satisfy the spend.

Great find though. AMEX is really handing out the points.

Last edited by roknroll; Aug 10, 2011 at 1:03 am
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:40 am

I wonder if I could add 5 users to both my premier rewards gold and platinum accounts for a total of 100,000 MR points...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:23 am
xp0

I would recommend using real people/real SSN. I have tried various ways around it, some work some dont, but I think there is a new law that has been passed that now requires SSN/DOB for authorized users (which is different then the past)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:48 am

What if I want an add-on card for someone who doesn't live in the US and doesn't have a SSN? It's a valid use case and I don't see on what grounds Amex should deny it considering it is still my credit and not theirs. I've heard the if you fill out the online form you can just put in zeros for the SSN. Also, other banks like Chase don't ask for a SSN for the add-on.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by abcx
What if I want an add-on card for someone who doesn't live in the US and doesn't have a SSN? It's a valid use case and I don't see on what grounds Amex should deny it considering it is still my credit and not theirs. I've heard the if you fill out the online form you can just put in zeros for the SSN. Also, other banks like Chase don't ask for a SSN for the add-on.
thats true i just add 2 new holders on to my spg account no #ss no address required just left it blank got cards on mail 2 days ago
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
Has anyone tried this using the Platinum card? Last I saw it was $175 per additional cardholder so just getting in at $45 would be steal (points would be an obvious bonus).
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I wouldn't recommend giving them a fake SS#. There's a good chance it would be someone else's real SS#, and when your credit card account turns up on that person's credit report, you could find yourself in some trouble.

I second that firmly from experience. I once gave AmEx a slightly wrong SSN by mistake for an AU and the card was never issued and they phoned to correct the SSN.

Unlike some other banks AmEx verifies SSN's.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:01 am

Ok, so are there any success stories. And confirmation on the cost, is it $9 per user or $45. What are the chances those miles will post before the end of the CO/MR periord?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
Just called the Platinum line and was told that you can't get Platinum cards added for that low cost (still $175 for up to 3), but that you can get up to 5 Gold cards added under a Platinum account for $45. May be worth it to some people.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
50K MR points for $225 ??? heck yea it's worth it!! I am going to call today and see if I can do it for my Plat card AND my PR card!

fingers crossed....
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
My wife and I both have Premier Gold cards. Can we add the same folks to both cards?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:24 am

Going to see if they will retroactively apply this bonus as I already have auth users on my Plat & PRG!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.