[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx
On Platinum, you can add up to 5 Gold cards for $45 total.
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm looking at 15 authorized users. So basically, I call MR and ask them to notate 5721 on all 3 cards in one phone call. OR do I call 3 separate times and ask them for each card individually?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by stunt
1 call the guy said no problem he did not even look up my account, and just said yes. He then said he need to transfer me to someone to add the AU.

I had to stop him and ask him to note my account with the offer code, since I was just adding one AU today. I did not have SS of other user.

Does anyone have a way around this SS#, I dont really want to ask my brother and sister? The rep wont let me add the user with just name and DOB.
It boils down to the CS rep that you get on the phone. Some are willing to do it with just the DOB, while others are insisting for the SSN
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by glu800
I think the best way is to just call into MR, and skip messaging because they seem to just be automatically denying everyone. And apparently the lady who messaged me didn't even bother checking to see if the offer code was on my account!

Good Advice!

After numerous bad / incorrect information given to me by SM services, my personal opinion of SM is:

Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Added family member, easy call,
they did wan't SS#,

...but now
will the 10K post before the $175 annual fee comes around?
(had thouight to cancel and avoid that...)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Well that was easy. First CSR took the code number and added it to my account and then took the three AU's I wished to add. No social security numbers were requested - only name and date of birth.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Added family member, easy call,
they did wan't SS#,

...but now
will the 10K post before the $175 annual fee comes around?
(had thouight to cancel and avoid that...)
I imagine the annual fee will post right after you activate the AU cards - just as it did for the original platinum card.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Additional 3 AUs (PLAT)

I just called MR again today to add the additional platinum AUs for $175. So now I have 5 gold AUs from yesterday and an additonal 3 Plat AUs today for a nice 80K MR points!

When I called, I mentioned to the rep that I just added 5 gold cards yesterday and now I want to add an additional 3 plat cards using the 5721 code. She said no problem and she went ahead and mentioned the $175 charge for 3 cards. She asked for name, DOB and SS, but I said yesterday when I called in, the rep said the SS is not a requirement for additional card. She then said that this is fine and proceeded to process the 3 extra cards. After she was done, I reminded her to make sure to notate the account for 5721 and she said it was already in the account.

10 days and I'll get the extra 3 plat and 5 gold cards! Score!!!^
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'm looking at 15 authorized users. So basically, I call MR and ask them to notate 5721 on all 3 cards in one phone call. OR do I call 3 separate times and ask them for each card individually?
I'm in the same boat. I called for the first card and added 5. I asked the CSR if the 2nd card is eligible and she didn't think so, so I just thought I'd call back later just for the 2nd card.
Later got a message on my cell phone from the 1st CSR saying that the 2nd card was ok and to call her back (she gave an extension #).

I called back and she was not available but the new CSR added my 5 AUs for the 2nd card. 1st CRS also called back a 2nd time to make sure everything was OK.

Both CSRs on the first 2 calls were great !

Called back at night when my husband was home to add 5 AUs to his account and CSR said it was not eligible, as it it targeted (though we know that is NOT the case). CSR was very unpleasant and kept asking how I knew about the promo.

Will call back again today on husbands account.

This is really a YMMV situation, but don't give up...
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:08 pm

Wow -- what a great promo.

I only wish I had people I could add. I really don't -- just my spouse and I and our kids are not 15. I guess I could get 10k and she could get 10k, which I suppose is worth it.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Attn: Make sure what type of AU you are adding!

This is IMPORTANT -

This may be important to some of you who added AUs and the CSRs did not ask for SSN... You may not be adding the type of AUs we are required to add in order to earn the promotion!

This morning we called MR and were able to have a nice lady CSR notated our PR Gld cards with the 5721 - in the sense that AMEX would honor the promotion if we have added AU, and the AUs have made purchases but if we do not see bonus posted in 6 to 8 weeks after that - call MR back, and they will manually post the 10K each bonus to our accounts.

That said, I called back this afternoon to add AUs based on some posts that some CSRs dont need SSN... and I also wanted to make sure the CSR in the morning did notate the accounts correctly...

Long story short, the CSR in the afternoon does not really understand what we were trying to do - he added Authorized Users alright - without any need of either DOB or SSN - because all he was adding, was the Authorized Users who can access the primary user's MR accounts online and redeem points! It has NOTHING to do with the AU (those would receive a physical card for making purchases) that we need to add in order to earn the promo!

Half way into the call, when he repeatedly said he did not need either DOB or SSN to add Authorized Account Manager - I KNEW something was not right - upon my repeated query he finally realized we were on totally different pages! Only the CSR at the Card Member Service Dept can add authorized user as we understand it here - the authorized user who would get a physical card and make purchase....

Anyway, the MR CSR finally admitted to me what he has been adding, is NOT what I wanted and he had no ability to add AU who would get a physical card. We are transferred to the CS dept. Where another rep performed the necessary task - Name, DOB and SSN and processed the info on the spot - then came back to say "Congratulation, they are all approved." We went through the process on both husband and wife's cards.

Yes, they do need SSN to process it - he said it made things happened quicker without further elaboration - my guess is, in case no SSN provided at the time of call, no approval process would be done until you call back to give the SSN info. With the SSN info, the approval process can be done while both parties are on the phone and immediate results are given.
- if you dont have SSN for AU without SSN, you can still do it with TWO forms of IDs - I remember he mentioned 3 or 4 docs but what stuck in my mind are foreign DL and foreign passport. (the 2 I thought would be the easiest when he mentioned it.) Now I remember, the other 2 forms are Visa or Student Visa for legally staying in this country.

The CS CSR also mentioned about up to 5 AUs can be added free. However he would not know the MR promo. Two different depts handle two different things that is the only way I could describe it.

The successfully added cards would be mailed to primary card holder's address in 7 to 10 business days in plain envelope with AMEX logo, from Omaha Nebraska. You can activate them from the primary card holder's home phone.

To sum up, if you have added AU with MR CSRs instead of CS CSRs, it may not be the type of AU you have in mind, especially your MR CSR does not need SSN / DOB... You may not ever receive the AU cards.

My sense of this is, of all of us who have to call in to get ID 5721 added, we will not see our points automatically - we will need to call 2 months from the AU cards first purchases.

Good Luck to every one.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 11, 2011 at 1:27 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:13 pm

Tried 3 times...

2 calls and 1 online...Rejected all 3 times...Can't win em all..
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by garygleck
2 calls and 1 online...Rejected all 3 times...Can't win em all..
Keep trying. Don't call the # on the back of your card; call the MR # 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:17 pm
Used to be highman123

Another data point - I called in today to use promo for my Platinum card - CSR said this offer does not work with Personal Platinum cards.

So on to the next call later.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:21 pm

Anyone adding random / invisible spouses or kids or grandparents as AUs to get to 10-15 AU's, I advise you to reconsider. Don't end up in an AmEx Financial Review over this. If you have legitimate AU's, good, otherwise be careful playing games with AmEx.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
No love for me on the SM route. I'll try calling tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.