Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by vacaloca
The CSR I spoke with seemed to think that there was no limits to the amount of users you could add to get 10k points/each, but that the annual free for Gold would only be waived for first 5. YMMV on this though. CSR might have been confused.
Sounds good. I think I'll try opening some Plat cards. $175 for 3. I'll report back what I find.

Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
Sounds good. I think I'll try opening some Plat cards. $175 for 3. I'll report back what I find.

Thanks!
3 questions: (all for personal Amex Platinum card)

1)For the amex platinum card, is three the maximum number of additional users u can add for $175?

2) After the first immediate payment, will the $175 be charged additionally each year on January 1st (calendar year) or every 12 months from the date of activation? or just a 1 time fee?

3) Do additional users get a priority pass card?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by longleaf
For the amex platinum card, is three the maximum number of additional users u can add for $175?

Also, will the $175 be charged additionally each year on January 1st (calendar year) or 12 months from the date of activation?

The fee will post in a few days of activation.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:44 pm

For the amex platinum card, is three the maximum number of additional users u can add for $175?
I bet that is the limit due to the extra benefits that Platinum carries with it (Priority Pass membership, Global Entry reimbursement).
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
I got a super-nice rep at the MR hotline. Told her I head there's a promo for 10K, and I want to add some family members. Added 5 family members to both my personal and business Gold cards. She asked for names and birthdates; never even asked for SSNs. It took a good 20-25 minutes for her to do all the "paperwork" because she had to do each card one-by-one (10 cards), and she said documented the record that I'm eligible for the 10K/card.

Though, she said the MR points should automatically post after activation of the cards. Is she mistaken on that point and do I need to make a purchase on each card?

She said they've been getting lots of calls about this promotion, and how nice it is that so many people are putting their family members on their credit cards to help their credit score
Old Aug 10, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum

1)For the amex platinum card, is three the maximum number of additional users u can add for $175?

2) After the first immediate payment, will the $175 be charged additionally each year on January 1st (calendar year) or every 12 months from the date of activation? or just a 1 time fee?

The rep earlier mentioned it's $175 for up to 3 Platinum cards and then $175 per card thereafter. Same with $45 for up to 5 Gold cards and $45 per card thereafter. I think the fee is waived for the first year, right?

YMMV as always...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:00 pm

Has anyone tried giving name, birthdate of family member from Canada and has been successful in AU?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Did anyone try to find out if a similar promo exists for Delta Platinum AMEX? Similar as in earning skypesos instead of MR.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
Has anyone had any success in opening more than 5 Gold AUs?
I have a business gold and was surprised to hear from the CS rep that I could add up to 10 AUs for free, and all would qualify for the 10,000 bonus 6-8 weeks after first purchase on each card. I could only give him 7 AUs, and he said I had up to 12/31 to add more. He was aware of the promotion and didn't have to look up anything. He just asked for the offer code at the beginning of the call and again at the end when notating my account.

I wonder how much discretion CS reps have since some have seen the points show up instantly.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:52 pm

Just called (too busy all day with headsets/ hockey pucks on the other thread ) and got the same info as others are reporting: $175 fee for adding up to five users. Will call back later and see what happens.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold

For the add'l users Platinum card, my AMEX (not MR) rep said:
- each add'l user gets airline club access (DL, US, AA, etc.)
- each add'l user gets Priority Select membership
- all add'l users share the annual $200 airline reimbursement

Did not ask him about the other benefits.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Just called (too busy all day with headsets/ hockey pucks on the other thread ) and got the same info as others are reporting: $175 fee for adding up to five users. Will call back later and see what happens.
That's not the same info as everyone is reporting.

$175 for up to 3 Platinum users
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:06 pm

50K AMEX MR for Bus Gold

Originally Posted by safigan
I have a business gold and was surprised to hear from the CS rep that I could add up to 10 AUs for free, and all would qualify for the 10,000 bonus 6-8 weeks after first purchase on each card. I could only give him 7 AUs, and he said I had up to 12/31 to add more. He was aware of the promotion and didn't have to look up anything. He just asked for the offer code at the beginning of the call and again at the end when notating my account.

I wonder how much discretion CS reps have since some have seen the points show up instantly.

Just called & was told Bus Gold can have up 99 FREE AUs (1st year free).

My case is --> MR folks 1st to add 5721 into my account & transfer me to CS to add AUs. SSN will be needed for my Peronal & Bus card cases.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by udaykiran82
Called up number on back of my gold premier.Can be added without ssn but a letter will come later asking for SSN.I asked what if it is for my parents travelling from abroad who don't have ssn,They said they would need some other additional id like passport,DL etc.
I received said letter ~4 months after adding an AU, but I ignored it and tossed it in the trash. 2 months later and nothing yet.

I figured it came because said AU applied for a gold card of their own ~20 days prior to it arriving.

They do run some basic credit check based on name/dob. I had one AU declined who had no credit.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
They do run some basic credit check based on name/dob. I had one AU declined who had no credit.
So I wonder how they verify/approve kids who are 16 or 17, since they won't have a credit record?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.