Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:00 pm

Try again and talk to other MR, you never know.....

As far as some getting this and some not, it reminds me of the Chase Sapphire Preferred to bump to 100k. Some got it , some didn't.....I didn't
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by gambler01
Authorized Access is not available online. Please call the number on the back of your Card to add an Authorized User."

Getting frustrated...
I just went to the account management option and it seems NOT to be accessible now. It worked fine an hour ago.

Will not let me add any additional cards or adjust spending limits for ANY of my Amex cards (even SPG and Hilton). System seems to be shut down - for me anyway.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by 14940674
Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but how long does it take for approved AUs to appear on AMEX.com?
I'm interested in this also.

I added 5 AUs to two cards yesterday, but only one of them shows today on both accounts. I called AMEX and was told to give it 48 hours. Strange that only one of 5 would show (was the 1st name on the list-18 year old son with little credit history). CSR told me that they send the cards out staggered so they are not all in the same day's mail shipment. Could be true, but you never know, as CSRs seem to be giving different info on this deal lately.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:08 pm

Looks like 4th time is the charm. Called MR and asked about bonus code 5721 for the Business Platinum. Got a very nice rep who offered to set up all the cards for us himself (he said he'd just changed departments and just learned how to add cards and he actually seemed excited about doing it!). My dad added 5 gold cards (free the first year, $35/yr after that) and even my 14 year old brother -- seems like there is no age limit. We were not asked for SSN.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:11 pm

No dice. Said they couldn't honor in the US and "e-mails should be going out" to those who had been signed up yesterday and today that they will not receive the points. Really? Man, they're cracking down - or at least being told to give that impression. Good luck to those who did get in.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
All five AUs are on my gold business card but only 3 of the 5 are showing on my personal. Two actually have spelling errors in the first names but I don't think that will be a problem. If it is I'll get new ones
I'll wait till tomorrow to call on the missing two A's they may show up. If not I noted the CSR name, their location and time of call and had them repeat to me twice I will get 10k mr points for each AU. I like to keep notes when it comes to miles and points.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allanfan
I'm not sure if SSN is really necessary though. After a couple calls to MR, I was finally able to find a CSR that adds 5721 to my account. Then I go ahead and added 5 AUs online, leaving SSN field all blank.

Just now, I noticed all 5 AUs show up in my account, each showing there respective last 5 digits of the card number. So I think this probably means they all went through. Let's see if I actually receive the cards or not.
I think you are onto something.

I just checked our cards - mine shows the 2 AUs added this afternoon.

However my husband's did not, despite both PR GLD cards were done on the same phone call.

Called Card member service and got overseas rep - he did see 2 AUs added to husband's card but said it might take up to 48 hours for it to show up online... He wasn't able to see the names but was able to see AUs were added...

I should have done it online if SSN is not a required field.

Will call again tomorrow if the 2 AUs still no show. One AU actually is the same on mine also.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Niomi
and even my 14 year old brother -- seems like there is no age limit.
I know that additional Platinum Cards have an age limit of 15, but I do not know if Gold has a limit. From what you say it doesn't sound like there is a Gold limit. Was it a regular or PR Gold?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by 14940674
I know that additional Platinum Cards have an age limit of 15, but I do not know if Gold has a limit. From what you say it doesn't sound like there is a Gold limit. Was it a regular or PR Gold?
Regular^

By the way the cards haven't actually be 'approved' yet -- rep said it would take 7-10 days.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:43 pm

I'm in for 100k MR. Lets hope this goes through. How much are you all in for? I wanted to do another 5 users on my 3rd AMEX card for a total of 150k, but I'll just have to settle with 100k. I'm hoping this goes through before the Delta 50% bonus offer ends. I've got about 250K MR points to transfer to Delta. :-)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
I'm in for 100k MR. Lets hope this goes through. How much are you all in for? I wanted to do another 5 users on my 3rd AMEX card for a total of 150k, but I'll just have to settle with 100k. I'm hoping this goes through before the Delta 50% bonus offer ends. I've got about 250K MR points to transfer to Delta. :-)
I'm in for hopefully 150k.
What Delta bonus ?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:59 pm

I've called MR CSR twice this afternoon and both times the CSR said that the offer was for Argentinian customers and not valid for the US. Do they keep track of how many times you call? I don't want AMEX mad at me.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Avis First
Sounds like they're closing up the loop hole. They even notated my account that they informed me that it was an Argentina promotion only but if I could fax it in they would award me the points. Question is.. who has that email/mailer? That would be key
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:14 pm

I am in for 50k bonus. Only added to Amex PRG.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
I was on the phone for an hour with them. I got in earlier today on my card, and tried to call in for my husband's card. The CSR told me an alert went out 5 hours ago that this promotion was for Argentina only. Problem is the CSR's here in the US did NOT have that info in their system when they looked at T&C for the promotion code over the last 2 days. BUT now that it has been added they have been told they can no longer add it to people's accounts. They no longer have the authority. So even though I started emails asking for this yesterday....and they didn't get back to me...now they are telling me as of 5 hours ago they can no longer do it....

The local reps used to have the authority but they HAVE to follow what the T&Cs say now. The rep I spoke to, who was a higher level rep, said that if anyone adds it now, after the alert goes out, that they can get in A LOT of trouble....

Last edited by sargenet; Aug 11, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.