Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Audience Rewards trivia questions answers for Starwood Delta, and U.S. Air

Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michael_v
Pointsplay program is suspended until further notice.
Print Wikipost

Audience Rewards trivia questions answers for Starwood Delta, and U.S. Air

Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:50 am

US Airways Trivia - June 24th

What show won the Tony Award Best Book of a Musical in 2012? Once

What was the name of the woman who inspired the character Roxie Hart in Chicago? Beulh

True or False? Sister Act, The Musical is not set in the same time period as the movie was. True

True or False? Memphis, The Musical has been filmed and shown in movie theatres. True

How many Tony Awards did The Lion King win? 6

How many Tony Awards did Jersey Boys win? 4
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by The Corrupt Banker
Oddly, looking at the Delta page, some of the questions say they pay miles and showpoints, while others just say showpoints. I haven't answered any yet. SPG and US has the same questions, but none of them offer starpoints/miles. Since starpoints are my priority, I'll hold off answering for a while.

Edit: My earning preference is set to starpoints, if it's relevant.
If you're not seeing the 2 Miles + 2 Showpoints questions, go to the bottom of the page and click on the right hand side of the slider bar above "Page 1 of X". You should see the 2 Miles + 2 Showpoints questions on the next page.

They're now intermingling the two types of questions in one list, and Miles + Showpoints questions in one program become Showpoints-only questions in another program. If you choose (for example) Delta under Partner Points from the AR home page, then answer all the 2+2 questions, you can then go back to the AR home page, select another partner i.e. Best Buy, and answer those 2+2 questions. Do this until you've answered all the 2+2 questions in the programs in which you want to earn points. Once a Showpoints question has been answered in one program, you can't go back and answer the same question as a 2+2 question in another program. Moral of this story: Don't answer any of the Showpoints-only questions until after you've done all the 2+2 partner points questions.

From what I've seen, the 2+2 questions are still unique from program to program. If you take a look at the MP thread, you can see four sets of questions (BB, Delta, US, SPG) from the last 2 days, and none of them overlap.

Last edited by bob12403; Jun 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
The Delta page is acting up, with 10 questions showing at first, then dropping down to 8 after you log in, then going up to 12 as you answer the first few questions. Weird.
No, not weird, it's just likely that you haven't been answering the Showpoints-only questions before. There are hundreds of them, and after you answer a question, one or more move up from the following page to the page on which you're viewing and answering the questions. As indicated in the previous post, you can go from page to page to see the different questions by clicking on the slider bar at the bottom of the screen.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA.
I don't see any answer for SGP 6-24-12

What is the name of Simba's father in The Lion King? Mufasa

What is the central sport in Bring It On? Cheerleading

When did the Broadway production of Jersey Boys open? 11-6-2005

The Memphis National Tour kicked off in October, 2011 in what city? Memphis

In what city did Mary Poppins make its world premiere? Bristol

True or False? "Beautiful City" was not in the original Godspell. True
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:11 pm

OK that makes sense now. Thank you for your help everyone.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bob12403
No, not weird, it's just likely that you haven't been answering the Showpoints-only questions before. There are hundreds of them, and after you answer a question, one or more move up from the following page to the page on which you're viewing and answering the questions. As indicated in the previous post, you can go from page to page to see the different questions by clicking on the slider bar at the bottom of the screen.
I've been doing both partner trivia & AR trivia for months, and this is the first time I've ever seen them "interleave" the questions for multiple partners and/or mix partner & AR trivia Qs. Absolutely a change from past practice.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
Seems like they are trying to stop people from double dipping on multiple external accounts... looks like we'll have to pick one...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Seems like they are trying to stop people from double dipping on multiple external accounts... looks like we'll have to pick one...
I think you're jumping to conclusions.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I've been doing both partner trivia & AR trivia for months, and this is the first time I've ever seen them "interleave" the questions for multiple partners and/or mix partner & AR trivia Qs. Absolutely a change from past practice.
Agreed. As I said in my earlier post "They're now intermingling the two types of questions in one list..." This is a change from past practice. Maybe it's just easier for them not to maintain two separate sets of questions, maybe there's some other reason for the change.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:05 am

Other than for getting points to keep your account active, is playing this points game a wise use of time? I am trying to understand how this is a good use of time. Even if someone knows the correct answers without having to look them up, how many points can be scored per hour before they say you have answered too many for the day?

Can someone calculate the best case $/hour earned answering these? If points are worth 2c each and each answer is worth 2 points, then each answer is worth about 4c. To earn an equivalent of $10/hour for your time, you would need to answer 250 questions in 1 hour at 4c value per each. That is assuming your account isn't limited by saying you answered too many for the day, come back tomorrow.

Am I wrong for thinking this way?

Assumptions:
250 correct answers per hour
2 points each
= 500 points per hour
x 2c each
= $10/hour for the value of your time
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by flyertm
Other than for getting points to keep your account active, is playing this points game a wise use of time? I am trying to understand how this is a good use of time. Even if someone knows the correct answers without having to look them up, how many points can be scored per hour before they say you have answered too many for the day?

Can someone calculate the best case $/hour earned answering these? If points are worth 2c each and each answer is worth 2 points, then each answer is worth about 4c. To earn an equivalent of $10/hour for your time, you would need to answer 250 questions in 1 hour at 4c value per each. That is assuming your account isn't limited by saying you answered too many for the day, come back tomorrow.

Am I wrong for thinking this way?

Assumptions:
250 correct answers per hour
2 points each
= 500 points per hour
x 2c each
= $10/hour for the value of your time
I'll be honest... You are way over analyzing this ( not trying to be offensive). For me it's just a fun easy way to get star points for little to no effort. Perhaps my time isn't that valuable though. To put it another way. It probably takes longer to figure out the $/hour than it does to answer the questions when you have the answers right in front of you ( thanks to the good people here of course).
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Also, these keep your U.S. Air miles and Starpoints alive.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by phdtomd
I'll be honest... You are way over analyzing this ( not trying to be offensive). For me it's just a fun easy way to get star points for little to no effort. Perhaps my time isn't that valuable though. To put it another way. It probably takes longer to figure out the $/hour than it does to answer the questions when you have the answers right in front of you ( thanks to the good people here of course).
+1 to what phdtomd said. Don't waste your time trying to figure out how to max out points from this program. You can't answer 250 questions per hour. You get 5-6 questions about every 10 days for the partner trivia, and you can answer approximately 20 of the Showpoints questions per day. This is not something where you will ever earn a ton of points and brag about your trip to Tahiti thanks to AR.

Value? If you're interested in cashing in for some discounted theatre tickets, or Broadway-related merchandise, the Showpoints may be of help. The partner trivia adds a few points here and there to your account(s). As Gary noted it keeps your accounts alive in SPG and US. It can help top off your Best Buy account and earn a $5 reward certificate. And doing all that takes about 2 minutes--just read the answers that are always posted here and enter them. Not lucrative, but helpful, and even a bit informative.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pgary
Also, these keep your U.S. Air miles and Starpoints alive.
That's great news, but just to be sure - DO these trivia points definitely keep your SPG points active/alive? I thought only Starwood stays and credit card spending did that (although when I looked this up it was months ago, probably before the trivia thing took off)...

Definitely the new way of doing things is a lot slower - unless I'm missing something, I have to go back to "entry" page for each program after answering the "miles + showpoints" questions, when there are only "showpoints-only" questions on the page. Instead of just running down the 5 or 6 questions. But I'm still in.

As far as the cost of my time for all this, I try not to calculate that for FT-inspired points and miles work at all, let alone for any one specific scheme. It'd be too depressing - better to focus on getting the miles and just think of the other ways I have of burning time online. This is no worse!

FTF
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Thanks!

Forgot to add my big thanks ^ to bob12403, whose answers broke the code on and explained what needed to be done to keep earning on this program.

Now, does anyone know why AR showpoints don't show up on the points.com tracker when you register the program?

(Yes, I know, there are many who hate points.com, but let's just note that and not fill up the thread with denunciations - just wondering how to make it work.) Thanks.

FTF

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.