Search

Miles for joining Vinesse wine club [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 1:53 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Miles for joining Vinesse wine club [Consolidated]

Just curious if anyone has successfully rejoined Vinesse wine club and received the intro offer/bonus miles. I had good experiences with them previously, but have since cancelled. Wasn't sure if I'd be eligible for the signup again - I don't see anything in the offer precluding it.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:06 am

I received the US bonus miles on rejoining (about one year after first membership), but did not receive the intro price for the wine. Vinesse provided a refund when I complained that there was nothing in the bonus offer about former members not being eligible for the intro rate. IMO not worth the hassle.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, BA, delta
It is a nightmare getting the miles from them. I have called multiple times and am still fighting for the 3k they promised during the AA 30 days promotion.

I wouldn't be so annoyed with it if the wine wasnt so awful, but that wasn't really the reason I signed up I suppose.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 10:26 pm

My miles haven't posted either, do we have any recourse when our miles never show.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aaexnonrev
My miles haven't posted either, do we have any recourse when our miles never show.
Ditto - still waiting on the miles from the AA 30yr promo. Would be curious to hear if anyone actually saw those post, and if so, what voodoo did you pull to make that happen?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: AA, BA, delta
Call them, their customer service is actually pretty decent. They make you wait 10 weeks before they'll investigate. They opened a ticket for me and promised resolution within 3 days. I'll update when I hear their response.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
Call them, their customer service is actually pretty decent. They make you wait 10 weeks before they'll investigate. They opened a ticket for me and promised resolution within 3 days. I'll update when I hear their response.
"Them" being AA or Vinesse?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:00 am

I'm still waiting for 2,000 miles from them (opened back in March)

3 calls always they will look into it. Wine isn't horrible but having to keep calling for the miles is
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:59 am

Well this is a very timely thread for me!! just joined FlyerTalk after lurking and learning TONS of great info - thanks everyone! I recently joined Vinesse through AA and about 3 weeks ago I received an email from Vinesse apologizing for the delay in posting the mileage, just two days ago, I got the emails from AA stating the miles had posted. Additionally I had cancelled Vinesse about 10 days ago since the last set of wine was somewhat dissappointing. Lo and behold, an offer got emailed from USAir for Vinesse, so yes, I was wondering if I could rejoin Vinesse and get miles credited to my USAir account (sorry, I will learn the abbreviations as I get more familiar with them). So for those that have rejoined, were there any difficulties that you could guide a newbie through? Many thanks.....
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:49 am

What's the email address? I always have to call...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:37 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
My experience the first time was quite pleasant.

-received the intro shipment in a timely manner.
-called to put my membership "on hold" while I tried the wines, as I had read here on flyertalk that since the first shipment is intro, you often get your regular shipment and/or a special shipment soon after
-miles posted within 3-4 weeks (AS)
-ultimately cancelled soon after when I realized their shipping charges to AK were insane.

However, I enjoyed the wine - 2 of the 3 were actually VERY good, IMO.

Admittedly, if I joined again, it would be for the bonus miles, and the possibility of a couple more cheap bottles of reasonable quality wine; their shipping charges to AK make it near impossible that I'd ever consider being a regular customer. However, so far, it doesn't sound like we have confirmation of success with a 2nd join.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
My 2,000 AA miles posted without issue. I'd forgotten to cancel but received a call from a very nice woman trying to upsell me to a different plan, and I took the opportunity to cancel my membership. I was rather unimpressed by the wines and disappointed by their focus on American bottles. I'd sign up again to get another bonus for certain, though.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:51 pm

It says the offer expires on 1st July on the page where AA offers all of its 30 year promotion deals. But there's no expiration date on the actual page for the wines itself. What's up with that?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:12 pm

I still haven't received my 3,000 miles from the AA30days promotion. I called American today and complained. Later that day 168 miles were posted to the accounts I signed up for (ie family members). But no 3,000 miles!
Old Jul 17, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by southsoccer
I still haven't received my 3,000 miles from the AA30days promotion. I called American today and complained. Later that day 168 miles were posted to the accounts I signed up for (ie family members). But no 3,000 miles!
I just received my miles after three months and several phone calls/emails to both AA and Vinesse. Major PITA

The wines you get from Trader Joe's bargain bin are better in every aspect. Yes, even two buck chuck.

My advice for the uninitiated: STAY AWAY!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.