Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for joining Vinesse wine club [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:01 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
It is a nightmare getting the miles from them. I have called multiple times and am still fighting for the 3k they promised during the AA 30 days promotion.

I wouldn't be so annoyed with it if the wine wasnt so awful, but that wasn't really the reason I signed up I suppose.
Originally Posted by aaexnonrev
My miles haven't posted either, do we have any recourse when our miles never show.
Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
Call them, their customer service is actually pretty decent. They make you wait 10 weeks before they'll investigate. They opened a ticket for me and promised resolution within 3 days. I'll update when I hear their response.
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
I just received my miles after three months and several phone calls/emails to both AA and Vinesse. Major PITA

The wines you get from Trader Joe's bargain bin are better in every aspect. Yes, even two buck chuck.

My advice for the uninitiated: STAY AWAY!!!!
Like many people have been having problems getting the mile to post as well as was over charged for the intro price of the wine. We got a 6 wine intro where about 3-4 of the wines were ok. Over all experience with the company has been a fail. It took over 4 phone calls to get them to refund the money.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:09 am

I finally got my miles the day after I called and said I would never join again because of their "problems" with miles posting.

So I guess I'm happy but won't join again
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:35 pm

9000 US miles for joining Vinesse wine club

Got email for this targeted offer.

"Join today to get 9,000 bonus miles, 12 wines for less than $7 per bottle and 1˘ shipping."

I recall getting Vinesse offers for AA miles but they were significantly less generous - something like 3000 miles for joining and 2000 more after the second order. I didn't bite then but this one sounds tempting.

Any experience with, or thoughts on this one?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by AXR64
Got email for this targeted offer.

"Join today to get 9,000 bonus miles, 12 wines for less than $7 per bottle and 1˘ shipping."

I recall getting Vinesse offers for AA miles but they were significantly less generous - something like 3000 miles for joining and 2000 more after the second order. I didn't bite then but this one sounds tempting.

Any experience with, or thoughts on this one?
We've joined. Had no problems with points posting and just cancelled once we got them. Tried to do it again with my account instead of hubby's and it didn't work. They check addresses.

But, it was willing to try again for the points. Wine is decent. Drinkable wine. Would I bring it as a present. No, probably not if the person was into wine. But not bad with pasta on a Wednesday after a bad day at work. I would say go for it.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I had the same experience as Balima- got the points without problem. I brought the wine to various parties or enjoyed it at dinner. Tried to get a second bonus with no luck, so I have a new case of wine to enjoy.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

9,000 US miles that will soon be 9,000 AA miles??? Yes absolutely!!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:53 pm

And now you can collect 9,000 miles as you savor hand-selected shipments of limited-production wines. Your first shipment of 12 wines is $79.99 (that's 50% off) with only 1¢ shipping.

You'll receive 1,500 miles with each 12-bottle American Cellars Wine Club shipment and 5 miles for every dollar spent on all other wine club shipments and orders.

Anybody know for sure that it is 9k after first shipment? Only worth it in that instance otherwise no.,
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:07 am

I got it and miles posted fine. The wines are really worth <$5 and the cost jumps up after the initial shipments. I'm not a wine snob at all but have tossed a couple of bottles after tasting.

It was a pain to cancel, requiring several calls.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ne52
I got it and miles posted fine. The wines are really worth &lt;$5 and the cost jumps up after the initial shipments. I'm not a wine snob at all but have tossed a couple of bottles after tasting.

It was a pain to cancel, requiring several calls.
We're you targeted for the 9k offer? I found the landing page for the 9k miles- but when I find vinesse on the us airways site it says only 1k miles
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
We tried the offer, and cancelled after the first order was shipped. You have to sign in person for the shipment- may be hard to do for frequent biz travelers like myself. The quality of the wine was on the very low end, seemed they may have been selling left over stuff and slapping labels on it.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:11 am

Just to add some other data points, I did this offer for UA miles and had zero issues. I did the intro set and enjoyed some of the wine enough to get one more order before cancelling. You need to sign for it as has been stated above, so I had it sent to work. Their customer service is very friendly and let you cancel without too much difficulty. The miles posted right after I received the intro shipment.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:24 pm

I'm still just curious if this is 9,000 miles after the $80 purchase or no.

Searched google which seems to indicate 9,000 is in 1,500 increments. Anybody have any other info?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: AA,UA,DL; Hilton,Marriott
My 2k DL miles just posted after about 5-6 weeks. I only did it because I was 2k away from an award. It was also for 6 bottles at $40. Interestingly, I had forgotten that I got a signup bonus 3-4 years ago for the same thing. I only realized this because I've moved since then and they shipped my wine to my old address, even though I entered the new one during signup.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:53 pm

I just got a similar offer for 5,000 aadvantage miles; 2,000 after first purchase, with an additional 3,000 at second. The "intro" package seems to be 6 bottles at $41.94 with 1 cent shipping. I imagine based on this thread that costs per bottle and shipping go up dramatically after the first shipment; still, 2,000 miles doesn't seem to shabby.

I'm curious to see if the 5 mi/$ applies to this intro shipment, which would tack on an additional 200 mi. Never hurts to have a few bottles around in a pinch! The email didn't seem to be targeted, but YMMV:

http://www2.vinesse.com/aaem1213/

Also, I'm slightly offended that I wasn't targeted for the 9,000 mi one!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:17 am

The USAir promo: http://www2.vinesse.com/usairem1113

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.