Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by millere2
Just applied and instant approval for personal card. I have the business version already. I also have Ink bold and CO personal. Thought I was going to get denied and have to cancel the CO to make way for this, but I guess not.

Fingers crossed they count toward CP. If not I am happy with $833 in Wanna Get Away fares. I will still requalify for CP either way, but this will just make it quicker and then I can shift my business spending on my WN Biz card back over to SPG amex sooner.
are you saying you already got 50k bonus points with chase southwest business card and now you applied again for chase southwest personal card and you are getting another 50k bonus points with this? Did chase rep confirm to you that you will get new 50k bonus points? many are saying you are limited to one southwest 50k bonus points.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by jonny1
are you saying you already got 50k bonus points with chase southwest business card and now you applied again for chase southwest personal card and you are getting another 50k bonus points with this? Did chase rep confirm to you that you will get new 50k bonus points? many are saying you are limited to one southwest 50k bonus points.
yes, u can get the personal and biz version of the sw card.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by addicted2miles
i know you can get both cards but i wanted to know if you get 50k bonus points on each card
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by addicted2miles
i wanted to know if you get 50k bonus points on each card
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
i know you can get both cards but i wanted to know if you get 50k bonus points on each card
Yes. I have the business and personal card. Each card yielded 50 for a grand total of 100k.

dh
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Yes. I have the business and personal card. Each card yielded 50 for a grand total of 100k.

dh
ic, i have SW personal keeping it for a year and canceling next year cos i hate the annual fee, if i apply for the SW BIZ, i will also have to cancel it after a year. , i fear chase will punish me buy bLACKLISTING ME! closing all my new and old, existing accounts. This is starting to happen to so many poeple
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Data point:
I have both personal and business cards and my statements closed yesterday. This morning both 50k bonuses posted to my account for a total of 100k that count toward CP.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:28 am

My mom used my RR# when she applied for the SW Plus card late last year. The 50k bonus just posted to my account as CP qualifying points. I had already received 50k from the premier card earlier last year. Very interesting...

Last edited by arjun312; Jan 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:36 pm

I've had the SW card for 5 years. My anniversary date is coming up and wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with a retention bonus. Im on the fence about keeping this card, as most of my spend has moved to other cards. Thanks in advance
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by no0neelse
Data point:
I have both personal and business cards and my statements closed yesterday. This morning both 50k bonuses posted to my account for a total of 100k that count toward CP.
ar e you keeping both the CHASE sw personal and biz cards or cancel after months or a year later?

i wanted to get both but since i will have to cancel a year later, i fear of getting BLACKLISTED by chase, blacklisted meaning, all my existing chase products being canceled and ban internally from ever getting chase product again. they call it PREVIOUS UNSATISFACTORY RELATIONSHIP.

There are so many reports of people getting blacklisted by chase for multiple card signs ups and cancalations
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:47 pm

ar e you keeping both the CHASE sw personal and biz cards or cancel after months or a year later?

i wanted to get both but since i will have to cancel a year later, i fear of getting BLACKLISTED by chase, blacklisted meaning, all my existing chase products being canceled and ban internally from ever getting chase product again. they call it PREVIOUS UNSATISFACTORY RELATIONSHIP.

There are so many reports of people getting blacklisted by chase for multiple card signs ups and cancalations
Why don't you just keep it open? You get $50 worth of RR points every year, so your fee is essentially $19/year.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ksf45632
Why don't you just keep it open? You get $50 worth of RR points every year, so your fee is essentially $19/year.
I dont travel and i only use the points for giftcards. $140 for 2 cards annually is bit too much
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: A few
I can confirm here that I got the two bonuses. One posted in December and the other one in Jan. Best I can tell neither are counting towards companion pass though (even though it screwed by straddling two years)
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:40 pm

I dont travel and i only use the points for giftcards. $140 for 2 cards annually is bit too much
Makes sense!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I can confirm here that I got the two bonuses. One posted in December and the other one in Jan. Best I can tell neither are counting towards companion pass though (even though it screwed by straddling two years)
Not sure if you saw my post on the Southwest forums but I had the same situation. I had one 50k post December 28th and the other should be posting soon. I called the Customer Service line (a few times) and they changed the date for the 12/28/2011 posted points so that they would count for 2012 (posted date of 1/5/2012) and they are showing as CPQP. So, I would assume the 50k still count for CPQP but will know for sure in the next few days.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ification.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.