Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Been shot down twice so far for upping my 50k offer to this 75k . First on activation - they were actually trying to be clever and say the card I had already had 75k as it was 25k additional after 50k spend. Yeah right. Then I tried email to customer service and Raj in Mumbai said he was really very sorry but I am not a solicited customer. Will try calling membership rewards on Monday, am pretty sure from what I have read elsewhere with enough tries I will win out
I just got off the phone with MR , plus cardmember counseling and they would not budge although I told them I missed out on three deals #3882 # 4986 #5748 plus the DL 50% bonus miles , and have been a platinum cardholder for 15+ years.
They said because I emailed corporate (LOL) someone in Mumbia and received 5k as a reward for being a good customer , MR can not go over corporates head. Just something to consider before sending an email to someone .

I threatened to cancel and it made not difference. That was my 3rd try one with suprervisor , and I lost out.

Should i cancel my card or leave it for now and try to get this offer. Has anyone succesfully cancelled and been called back by Amex to meet their terms?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Has anyone succesfully cancelled and been called back by Amex to meet their terms?
Unaware of anyone who has. And before you take that step, I would hope that you either have other Amex accounts or have transferred out all of your MR points. Unless you're spending enough to get invited to be a Centurion, I wouldn't play that hand unless you're prepared for Amex to close down your account.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Originally Posted by krpjr

It appears to be targeted, I have an RSVP #. Fee is $125 annually, not waived.
Offer expires in July.

Bonus ID on offer is 6497
Just some info .... I told them that offer had 1st year free and they confirmed that. Just ask for it. Do not pay $125.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: MPC -> QFF
Update:

Soooo i just called AMEX (Canada) again call went to standard CSR as I don't think there is a dedicated MR dept. Anyway, I told them I signed up for the 25K but heard about higher bonuses, etc... Once again the CSR wanted me to fax in the offer, but I said, all I have is the offer ID. Puts me on hold again and comes back: "Ok what is the bonus ID?" 6497 "Ok sir, I will put that a note on your file and send that to the back office. have a nice day"

Woooo!! well I will not get my hopes up just yet...I don't know if that code even works in Canada. but at least there is a slight glimmer of chance now ^
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:25 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
If you are logged into your AmEx account go to Business (along top), select OPEN Small Business Home, Select Small Business Cards (very bottom left under American Express Cards). Toward the bottom of the page in the middle is a link Receive Offers and Info. Not sure what kinds of offers you'll get but worth a shot.

This should go right to the page:

http://www201.americanexpress.com/bu...r_cards_sm_bus
When I click on that link, or do the business section on my statement page, I get the AMEX GOLD with 25k bonus after spending 50 k in first year.

Guess it is targeted or recognizes my geek ISP address
Old Jun 9, 2011, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
When I click on that link, or do the business section on my statement page, I get the AMEX GOLD with 25k bonus after spending 50 k in first year.

Guess it is targeted or recognizes my geek ISP address
He was asking about receiving offers for Business cards, and I suggested where you could opt in. This is not a link to the offer, which is targeted.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
The Bonus ID is in the first post:

I am not aware of anyone not targeted for this promotion successfully getting it, although I could be wrong.
Well, happy to report I was not targeted, applied for the business gold card (NO sign up bonus), and after activating the card called membership rewards and successfully got them to match the 75K bonus on the second call. The first call (last night) I got a rep with a bad attitude from the get go who after putting me on hold for 5 minutes came back and told me I was not qualified for 6497 because I had an existing business amex card (costco true rewards). I asked if there might be another offer I qualify for and in a tired voice lacking any initiative she told me to call applications. I called back today and got a much more pleasant rep with a great attitude. Long story short, after putting me on hold she came back and told me she found a better offer for me than 6497. Offer code is 6499, 75K bonus points after 1K spend. Good luck!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta, United, SPG, HHonors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mrx900
interesting...I got in on the Business Rewards Card with a 50,000 sign up bonus after a 10K spend within 4 mths.............I wonder if I lob a few emails thru secure email, I could score an addt'l 25K??

Of course my deal had no annual fee for the first year.

I got in on the same deal back in March. But I haven't spent $10K, so haven't seen the 50K points. I called AE to ask if bonus ID 6497 could be applied to me, and after a short hold, the rep told me she notated my account for this better offer. Thanks OP!

That sounds like good news. But I've passed the $2K mark, so now I am wondering when I can see the points.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by HikerT
Well, happy to report I was not targeted, applied for the business gold card (NO sign up bonus), and after activating the card called membership rewards and successfully got them to match the 75K bonus on the second call. The first call (last night) I got a rep with a bad attitude from the get go who after putting me on hold for 5 minutes came back and told me I was not qualified for 6497 because I had an existing business amex card (costco true rewards). I asked if there might be another offer I qualify for and in a tired voice lacking any initiative she told me to call applications. I called back today and got a much more pleasant rep with a great attitude. Long story short, after putting me on hold she came back and told me she found a better offer for me than 6497. Offer code is 6499, 75K bonus points after 1K spend. Good luck!
That is awesome. Is the annual fee waived for the first year?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 1:40 pm

The annual fee was waived under the link I applied (but had no sign up bonus). When they match bonus offers they don't necessarily match the fees. Maybe I got lucky. After the first call I was a worried I had wasted an inquiry.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:16 pm

I received personal invitation for Amex Business Platinum. 50K points with $5000 spending requirement. I didn't take advantage of the offer because the annual fee of $450 was not waived. It's now expired and when I tried the code online, it's no longer working. Oh well, maybe I would try calling them if they could waive $450 annual fee.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by frugaltravel
I received personal invitation for Amex Business Platinum. 50K points with $5000 spending requirement. I didn't take advantage of the offer because the annual fee of $450 was not waived. It's now expired and when I tried the code online, it's no longer working. Oh well, maybe I would try calling them if they could waive $450 annual fee.
I got in on the Amex Business Gold Card--$10,000 spend within 4 mths..but you get 50,000 MR pts...and NO ANNUAL FEE first year....
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Lotz
Just Phoned

AmEx csr had to transfer me to MR. Once there that csr said all the codes above were old and since I got my card in December they couldn't apply.

In December I had gotten the 50K after $10K spend in 4 months promo.

After 15 minutes of searching codes she did find one- #5919 - $5K spend by May 7, which I had met. To get the extra 25K MR points I have to phone back after June 7 if they don't post automatically since the 8 weeks isn't up yet. But she assured me I'd get the extra bonus and that 5919 was now on my account.

She also mentioned there was a promo for 75K after 10K internet spend by May. Promo 5895. She had almost put me on this but said I didn't quite meet the spend in time.

Since I'll be using the BA 50% bonus before 7/31, it was an easy 37,500 miles !

Last edited by tassojunior; Jun 21, 2011 at 1:10 pm
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:34 pm

May I please have a RSVP #

Someone who isn't or can't use their RSVP for the 75,000 offer I would love to have it. Please PM me
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:55 pm

If you are not targeted the only way to get the bonus is to apply for the card under a lesser offer and request the bump. That's just how it is. I don't think using someone else's RSVP will work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.