Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

AMEX Business Gold, New Round, New Offer 75K!

Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by dbh1
Wrong word choice, but same effect from the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing . Note: I am not an attorney.
Good faith and fair dealing and fiduciary responsibility are two very different concepts.

I would say that if one sued Amex for bad faith, one would not likely get very far but one would not get laughed out of court either. Whereas if you sued for breach of fiduciary responsibility, you would get laughed out of the court

In plain English you have fiduciary responsibility if you are acting in an advisory or trust role. If some firm took a fee for advising you to take out an Amex, spend money on an annual fee, make minimum spend because you are "guaranteed" to get a certain amount of points, you might have a case for breach of fiduciary against them.

I am not a lawyer either, but I can read law and basic English.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Peter "Maybe I do"? You don't - I suggest you go brush up on fiduciary and come back when you know what it means. American Express has no fiduciary responsibility to any of it's debtors.
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
You win .
Stop hi-jacking my thread you guys ! Go play thumb wrestle and have a beer with each other.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by krpjr
Stop hi-jacking my thread you 2 ! Go play thumb wrestle and have a beer with each other.
Agreed. I subscribe to this thread to see if any progress or updates emerge since I havent gotten my 100k yet and waiting till 18th for 8-week period. But now I'm getting updates on a war over a word choice...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by krpjr
Stop hi-jacking my thread you guys ! Go play thumb wrestle and have a beer with each other.

My apologies !

Originally Posted by booyaa
Agreed. I subscribe to this thread to see if any progress or updates emerge since I havent gotten my 100k yet and waiting till 18th for 8-week period. But now I'm getting updates on a war over a word choice...
My apologies to you also. It's obvious I have too much spare time on my hands here in Greece
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:26 pm

I just received a targeted offer for 50K MR points after spending $5K in 3 months for the Amex Gold Business. It's not a very tempting offer considering the redemption options with the MR cards compared to the Sapphire Preferred and Bold Ink. Have there been any better offers out there lately? I managed to clean house with the Gold 75K and Platinum 100K (plus over 150K for referring +15 friends for the Gold card). All those points went to CO but I'm not sure what I would do with another 50K. I guess I would be happy with gift cards.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by swat16
I just received a targeted offer for 50K MR points after spending $5K in 3 months for the Amex Gold Business. It's not a very tempting offer considering the redemption options with the MR cards compared to the Sapphire Preferred and Bold Ink. Have there been any better offers out there lately? I managed to clean house with the Gold 75K and Platinum 100K (plus over 150K for referring +15 friends for the Gold card). All those points went to CO but I'm not sure what I would do with another 50K. I guess I would be happy with gift cards.
Hope the bigger offers come soon. And if you have trouble figuring out what to do with your points you can always gift them to me. lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.