Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by GGE
Adding a data point -

Apped this offer on March 3, 2012 and was approved instantly. There was no splash page, so I had to just have faith and give it a shot.

The card came today and there was an automatic activation line so I didn't get an opportunity to ask anyone if the promo was attached -

BUT -

a couple of days ago I noticed my Hhonors account changed to Silver status instead of Blue SO it seems safe to say that there was indeed a promo attached and still working.

I would love to get some confirmation of the promotional terms though - I do wish I had a screenshot of the splash page. But I will have faith! FT has not led me astray thus far.

Citi actually sent me email with my bonus terms. I received it shortly after my first closing date, though it is not clear if that was the trigger. I had not yet met the minimum spend.

My first closing date for the 40k card is coming up soon. I'm curious as to whether they do the same for it.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:36 am

Can I do a 3-browser method for this Citi Hilton 50k link and 2 Citibank AA links and have a chance at the 3rd approval? Or is there an automatic denial on the 3rd application within Citi on the same day (regardless of how long ago the last app was approved)?

Last edited by scwam; Mar 19, 2012 at 10:44 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by scwam
Or is there an automatic denial on the 3rd application within city on the same day (regardless of how long ago the last app was approved)?
It's been 2 apps within 60-ish days, so this is (sort of) your answer.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:00 am

Can anyone provide the splash screen or confirm the 50k bonus mile offer (from link on 1st post). The Terms make no mention of the specifics on how many miles and what spending requirements are required. I can easily find the 40k bonus miles offer for spending $1000 in 6 months.

I would prefer to grab the 50k though if at all possible.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:27 am

Can I call Citi customer service to inquiry about getting my card express mailed if I was instantly approved for both 50k and 40k offers? I'm a little worried that the rep may see I have been approved for the same visa signature card and question why and cause an issue. I have both of my AppID's.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
Can I call Citi customer service to inquiry about getting my card express mailed if I was instantly approved for both 50k and 40k offers? I'm a little worried that the rep may see I have been approved for the same visa signature card and question why and cause an issue. I have both of my AppID's.
I was approved for 2 of the 50k cards. For both times I submitted the application, there was an error message. I tried submitting 2 more - 1 for HHonors and 1 for another Citi card - and got the "need to review" message. I then received 2 rejection messages a few days later and was frustrated. By the end of the week, 2 Citi HHonors cards appeared in the mail. I had been APPROVED for the first two apps (when I saw error messages) for the EXACT SAME OFFER and denied for the 2nd two. Since I got 2 50k bonuses simultaneously (deposited into my HHonors account over a month ago), I doubt you'll have issue with 2 different offers. I wouldn't worry too much, though as we all know, YMMV.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by LowFlyOver
I was approved for 2 of the 50k cards. For both times I submitted the application, there was an error message. I tried submitting 2 more - 1 for HHonors and 1 for another Citi card - and got the "need to review" message. I then received 2 rejection messages a few days later and was frustrated. By the end of the week, 2 Citi HHonors cards appeared in the mail. I had been APPROVED for the first two apps (when I saw error messages) for the EXACT SAME OFFER and denied for the 2nd two. Since I got 2 50k bonuses simultaneously (deposited into my HHonors account over a month ago), I doubt you'll have issue with 2 different offers. I wouldn't worry too much, though as we all know, YMMV.
Did you use the link provided in this thread? (post #1)?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I applied for this for my wife on 3/7 and got the "pending" message.

No communication since.

Any idea if that means I'm/she's done? Or might it still arrive in the mail?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by josephstern
So I applied for this for my wife on 3/7 and got the "pending" message.

No communication since.

Any idea if that means I'm/she's done? Or might it still arrive in the mail?
I just applied this AM for my wife and it will be her 2nd (I've got 2 myself as well). If you happened to get the pending message but could then go on and select options, that typically indicates approval.

On my last run, I applied and got pending but did get the add options screen (this was my 2nd card). I don't think I called in but know I was approved by about 10 days later from my notes. I then received an email from Citi about 10 days later explicitly referencing my bonus.

In my experience, it doesn't hurt to call Citi but if you're declined, it's also very hard to convert to an approval so I don't even try anymore since each time it just resulted in another hit on my CR and another denial. Some have luck with the executive offices for reconsideration.

Good luck!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy
I just applied this AM for my wife and it will be her 2nd (I've got 2 myself as well). If you happened to get the pending message but could then go on and select options, that typically indicates approval.

On my last run, I applied and got pending but did get the add options screen (this was my 2nd card). I don't think I called in but know I was approved by about 10 days later from my notes. I then received an email from Citi about 10 days later explicitly referencing my bonus.

In my experience, it doesn't hurt to call Citi but if you're declined, it's also very hard to convert to an approval so I don't even try anymore since each time it just resulted in another hit on my CR and another denial. Some have luck with the executive offices for reconsideration.

Good luck!
I applied for two 50k cards using two browser trick. Both the times I got "under review" message, however it also gave me "add options" choice. After going through the options, on the final screen, it showed me:

"Your card details:
Card name: Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
Annual fee: $0.00

Selected Card Options:
You will receive the following optional services with your card(s):

Account online
You have requested enrollment Account Online.
user ID: ********
Password: ********"

I hope I got approved for both the cards.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by LowFlyOver
Wow. That's crazy. I wish I had done 2 x 50k offers instead of 50k + 40k. I can't complain as I got instant approval on both.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Wow. That's crazy. I wish I had done 2 x 50k offers instead of 50k + 40k. I can't complain as I got instant approval on both.
Either way, you both probably got your inquries grouped since it's the same product. Good to keep those Equifax hits down (at least for me).

The many easy Hilton points are what keep me in their program.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by msp2msy
Either way, you both probably got your inquries grouped since it's the same product. Good to keep those Equifax hits down (at least for me).

The many easy Hilton points are what keep me in their program.
Yes, they were rolled into one. Already verified. I pretty much got it down who will pull what for me. The only part I was off was BOA Virgin doing both Exp and TU pull simply because I had a charge off 17 years ago with them. Pull Experian, let's check more - pull TU, even better report but let's still deny him. You would think that they would make an approval after seeing the 2nd report was better than the first. I got it reconsidered and approved anyhow. It was worth it to fight with them at that point.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
Originally Posted by NatasNJ
Did you use the link provided in this thread? (post #1)?
I am not certain. I am pretty sure that I used the link in this thread, but I did not get a Visa Signature. My 2 cards were both the Citi® Hilton HHonors® Visa® Gold Card. They also each were 50k bonuses, and as a side note, they came at just the right time to meet spend and book summer vacation hotel for a week.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:46 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Anyone else getting this error (for more than one Citicard type, no less)...

A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.