Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Have been denied AMEX gift card purchase for months, any suggestion?

Have been denied AMEX gift card purchase for months, any suggestion?

Old May 25, 2011, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
They are saying that just not in those exact words. Some refuse to take the hint!!!
Yes, they're sending a message. In the most irritatingly stupid, backhanded manner possible, belying their true nature. If you actually want to communicate with someone, talk to them. Don't be that passive-aggressive prick that mistreats his girlfriend until she breaks up with him; grow some stones and tell her it aint working out. Hurts much less in the end, and leads to fewer grudges.

Spineless .......s, the lot of 'em.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Recreation
I also agree that it would be nice if AMEX would be honest with customers as to why they are putting the hammer down instead of just disallowing purchases with no reason, or worse, cancelling the gift cards post-purchase. But it's pretty obvious that AMEX is sending you a very loud and clear message, even though it is indirect.

C'est la vie.
Yeah, if they'd grow a spine and say "nein, no more for you!", that'd be fine. This passive-aggressive bovine excrement that they've been pulling, OTOH, is really annoying. Especially when every CSR just recommends resubmitting the order, or using a different card. I find the lying inexcusable, especially from a company I'm trying to entrust with a large sum of money.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by KaiserBen
Yeah, if they'd grow a spine and say "nein, no more for you!", that'd be fine. This passive-aggressive bovine excrement that they've been pulling, OTOH, is really annoying. Especially when every CSR just recommends resubmitting the order, or using a different card. I find the lying inexcusable, especially from a company I'm trying to entrust with a large sum of money.
Couldn't agree more. Suprised this thread didn't pop up sooner. 3 months ago I bought $5000 worth of AMEX gift cards like clockwork every 3 weeks using BC. After getting approximately 3 orders succesfully, all subsequent ones were cancelled even though I used the same cc and shipping information. Reps from overseas and Salt Lake City just recommended me to resubmit my orders.

I will admit I was draining them as fast as I received them. For that, I'm like 100% positive it got me red flagged. I would much perfer them to just say "take your business elsewhere" as opposed to "oh we don't know what happened go resubmit your order."
Old May 26, 2011, 4:09 am

Yes, they're sending a message. In the most irritatingly stupid, backhanded manner possible, belying their true nature. If you actually want to communicate with someone, talk to them. Don't be that passive-aggressive prick that mistreats his girlfriend until she breaks up with him; grow some stones and tell her it aint working out. Hurts much less in the end, and leads to fewer grudges.
Couldn't have said it better +1 ^
Old May 26, 2011, 4:14 am

Spineless .......s, the lot of 'em.
Where did that come from? Why do I think there is more to this story!
Old May 26, 2011, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
Where did that come from? Why do I think there is more to this story!
Uhh, every human society ever? Are you sheltered enough that you've never seen that happen? Or do you just not understand metaphors?
Old May 31, 2011, 4:40 pm

Programs: NWA Gold
Glad I found this thread.... so I don't stupidly waste any more hours talking to the most clueless reps and resubmitting order after order.

I was successful on about 10k of gift cards last month and this month it's a no go. Have tried so many combinations of resubmissions, even different family members/addresses... total fail.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.