Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
I signed up for the regular 10K bonus in the first week of June. I called MR and got the Bonus Offer ID of 5894 to be noted on my account. I met the spending requirements and even paid off the balance, but they aren't able to expedite the bonus points. I tried both calling them and secure messaging them.

Does anyone know if I need to call back in 6-8 weeks or should these points show up automatically?

Last edited by lrluis; Jul 2, 2011 at 3:25 am
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by Happy
I just hope we dont have to wait for the 6-8 weeks boiler plate reiteration from the MR phone rep. Try to transfer some to BA accounts to take advantage of the 50% bonus offer that ends on July 31st.
I sent a secure message asking them if they would pretty please award the points ASAP since I have immediate travel plans I had already met the minimum spend & paid off the bill, even though it had not closed yet.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I just hope we dont have to wait for the 6-8 weeks boiler plate reiteration from the MR phone rep. Try to transfer some to BA accounts to take advantage of the 50% bonus offer that ends on July 31st.
I sent a secure message asking them if they would pretty please award the points ASAP since I have immediate travel plans I had already met the minimum spend & paid off the bill, even though it had not closed yet. The points posted in a couple of days.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ia9561
I'm giving it a shot. Got the Platinum bump in April and just was approved for the Gold card tonight. Sent them a SM asking for the bump to 75K. We'll see how it turns out.
I received a message back from AMEX (it took almost 24 hrs), but they confirmed that I will get the extra 50k points once I hit the spend requirement on the original 25k. I need to send them a message back once I hit that spend and then they said they would manually add the remaining 50k.

So it looks like we can bump both the Platinum and the Gold.^
Old Jul 3, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by dskum23
I originally signed up under the 50k promo, then called to match the 75k promo(ID 5984), they agreed to note my account. I just checked today and 10k bonus points posted, so I called in and told them I was matched to the 75k offer from the 50k offer so I have no idea where the 10k points came from. The CSR then put me on hold, and added 75k points to my account. Now I have 85k points in my account. I guess I got crazy lucky.
Fellow FTers:

Is this offer dead? I got an offer in the mail for 50K Amex points after the initial $500 spend. I would like to apply for it but only if I can still call in and request the 5984 promo ID or did this expire July 1st? Any success in getting the offer matched after July 1?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: United 2P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bosboy73
Has there been a delay in response times to online secure messages? Message from last night has still not been answered.

Noticed the 10 hour service standard message but now it's been 18 hours.
Yeah, all of my messages were sent at 10am or so PDT, and I didn't get my response messages until the following day at around 5am PDT. Definitely more than 10 hours...they should really change that message.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I canceled wife's card today. The rep made a really strong push to keep us in the fold and even offered a $100 credit ($50 credit in next statement and another $50 credit after $1k spend). I thought about keeping it but still went ahead and canceled it. So...what is the consensus for wait time before the attempt to apply/churn it?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I canceled wife's card today. The rep made a really strong push to keep us in the fold and even offered a $100 credit ($50 credit in next statement and another $50 credit after $1k spend). I thought about keeping it but still went ahead and canceled it. So...what is the consensus for wait time before the attempt to apply/churn it?
2 years. That is how long it takes on our SPGs.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 2:38 pm

more success it seems :)

Applied for the 10k offer on June 30 and was instantly approved. I sent a secure message (I already had the SPG) yesterday evening and received a reply a few minutes ago saying that they have made a notation on my account and will manually issue the remaining 65000 points if I send another message after I have spent $500 and received my initial 10000 points. Signed with a south asian name.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
As I've written previously on this threat, I got the 75k bump approved and expedited to my account upon reaching the $500 spend. Just wanted to let you know that I did the same for the Plat card - 100k approved and expedited to my account upon reaching $1000 spend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-bonus-13.html post #519

Thanks FT and good luck
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Fellow FTers:

Is this offer dead? I got an offer in the mail for 50K Amex points after the initial $500 spend. I would like to apply for it but only if I can still call in and request the 5984 promo ID or did this expire July 1st? Any success in getting the offer matched after July 1?

General consensus is that this may be over (if the July 1 deadline was correct and not extended). No further info as I have not heard from anyone applying after July 1?? Maybe some have and not yet reported in yet with their results. At this point I would not waste a hard pull for uncertainty.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by sharka
General consensus is that this may be over (if the July 1 deadline was correct and not extended). No further info as I have not heard from anyone applying after July 1?? Maybe some have and not yet reported in yet with their results. At this point I would not waste a hard pull for uncertainty.
Maybe I will be the guinea pig and give this one a shot. I have an offer from Amex for 50K points which expires sometime in August. I will ask the rep if I can be bumped to 75K after I apply.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Maybe I will be the guinea pig and give this one a shot. I have an offer from Amex for 50K points which expires sometime in August. I will ask the rep if I can be bumped to 75K after I apply.
I applied and was approved just before July 1 for 50k MR, but would love to get 25k more. I have yet to call/message them (haven't gotten the card yet). I will let you know my results once I do.

If they say yes for me, that doesn't mean much for those applying now. But if they say no it's too late, I think that means a definite no for anyone applying later.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 8:33 am

2 years. That is how long it takes on our SPGs.
Happy - So on the Starwood card, is it approximately 2 years from 1st application to next application or from 1st card cancellation to next application?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gq_dq
Happy - So on the Starwood card, is it approximately 2 years from 1st application to next application or from 1st card cancellation to next application?
I do not experiment with SPG cards. Only know that a friend last year was denied the full 30K bonus by AMEX citing she had a SPG a year+ ago. We got the 30K but our old ones were 2+ years go. Hence my conclusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.