Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:14 pm

I just got the platinum card with 50k bonus...if i tried getting the gold as well (I need a good way to separate business vs personal expenses anyways) would I be able to earn points into the same MR account? Hope this isn't a stupid question, I'm pretty new to this who FT world. Thanks ahead of time for the help!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Don't bet on AMEX without a paper trail.

Read about FT problem with AMEX Delta Gold Skymile offers and promises to post. Only corrected when fax sent in on original offer.

Hope you get the upgrade but AMEX cannot be trusted.

Originally Posted by aap
Thank you Blitzu! It worked like a charm. As suggested above, DO NOT talk to Applications Customer Service. Instead speak with Membership Rewards. My Membership Rewards Agent asked for my existing credit card numbers, and she could not find the offer, but said it was not a problem. She noted my account that they would manually process the additional points once I reached $500 in spend. She transferred me over to the Applications Department to finish processing my application which was for the 10K gold premier rewards card. I should be able to spend $500 in a couple of weeks, and will call back Membership Rewards to get the additional 65K miles they promised. Will post the results.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by euromannn
Don't bet on AMEX without a paper trail.
I agree. Don't count your chickens (or points) before they are hatched (posted) .
Please let us updated.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA,BA,UA,SW,NWA,DL
Question AMEX Gold Premier 75,000 Reward points, not miles

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. This offer is for gift cards. Wouldn't you all rather have miles? I have that offer sitting here in my lap and I can't see what the big deal is. Can someone help me out here please?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by blitzu
Did you ask to be transferred to membership rewards? I got the same treatment with the customer service rep.

aap, I'm glad it worked! I'm still really impressed with membership rewards doing what they can to keep customers happy.
Yes, both times. Also sent secure message on their site, all with the same results - "sorry buddy". I applied for/got approved for the 25k offer on 3/18. Maybe too much time has passed in my case. Of course Chase had no problem switching my 30k mile offer to the newer 50k offer in the same timeframe. I think Chase lets you switch within 60 days.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by pamphelia
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. This offer is for gift cards. Wouldn't you all rather have miles? I have that offer sitting here in my lap and I can't see what the big deal is. Can someone help me out here please?
You can transfer your MR points into several frequent flyer programs for miles. In most cases at 1:1 ratio. Those 75k miles would equal 75k miles on Continental or United, or 3 domestic round-trip tickets.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA, CO, EVA, UA, Hyatt PLT, SPG
Looking at the membership rewards website/section of AMEX, there's a number for what I assume to be MR customer service. Should we call that number or do we have to call the typical customer service/applications agent and then ask to switch over?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 9:09 pm
aap

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by PFKMan23
Looking at the membership rewards website/section of AMEX, there's a number for what I assume to be MR customer service. Should we call that number or do we have to call the typical customer service/applications agent and then ask to switch over?
Just call 1-800-297-3276 (membership rewards). Tell them you received the offer by email or mail, but threw it out with your junk mail. Provide them with offer code 5894, and you should be all set.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
So is there any way to get this offer without receiving the mail?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite
Can someone confirm that this offer is available to a current AMEX platinum card holder, but does not have a gold card?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by aap
Just call 1-800-297-3276 (membership rewards). Tell them you received the offer by email or mail, but threw it out with your junk mail. Provide them with offer code 5894, and you should be all set.
But do we need to apply first with the 10k application?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pamphelia
LOL try doing some research. Amex transfers to many airlines at 1:1 plus there are often bonuses. Those 75k MR will get you 112,500 Skymiles and silver elite status with delta right now. Gift Cards are one of the worst redemptions you can make and if you thought that is all you can do with them, like I said earlier, it's time for you to do some research.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:15 am
aap

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by robbiesam
But do we need to apply first with the 10k application?
No, call the telephone number for membership rewards first, and they will capture all of the information regarding the special offer for you in the system. THEN, membership rewards adgent will transfer you to the applications department to finish the "temporary" 10K points Gold Rewards card. I say temporary because you'll get another 65K manually added to your account once you call membership rewards and tell them the $500 required for the promo has been spent.

The Amex app processing department and membership rewards departments are totally disjointed on this promo. The key here is to talk to membership rewards first and get their commitment on manually adding the points to your account BEFORE the apps department processes your application.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:18 am
aap

Originally Posted by gv111
I agree. Don't count your chickens (or points) before they are hatched (posted) .
Please let us updated.
I totally agree. As a best practice, I always write down the name/id # of the CSR you spoke to, date of the discussion, and what was agreed to. Let's hope they play nicely with this offer or they'll feel the wrath of FTers everywhere!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by aap
No, call the telephone number for membership rewards first, and they will capture all of the information regarding the special offer for you in the system. THEN, membership rewards adgent will transfer you to the applications department to finish the "temporary" 10K points Gold Rewards card. I say temporary because you'll get another 65K manually added to your account once you call membership rewards and tell them the $500 required for the promo has been spent.

The Amex app processing department and membership rewards departments are totally disjointed on this promo. The key here is to talk to membership rewards first and get their commitment on manually adding the points to your account BEFORE the apps department processes your application.
Hey app, thanks for the elaboration. Good work. I'm gonna give a shot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.