Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by goAsia
About a week ago I was targeted for the 50,000 MP Chase Visa. Since I've just been approved for the Continental OP Mastercard I was told that I needed to wait until April 24 to apply for the MP card.

My question is can I apply for the BA and the MP card at the same time on April 24 and get approved? or do I have to wait 60 more days to apply for the BA card?
Any help here? I think I read at some point that Chase doesn't let 2 applications get through like Citi does, but it'd be nice if someone could confirm that for me.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by goAsia
Any help here? I think I read at some point that Chase doesn't let 2 applications get through like Citi does, but it'd be nice if someone could confirm that for me.
I believe that you will most likely be approved for one card only. As such you are better off applying for the BA card (100 K) only. UA 50K is pretty standard and you are more likely to be able to get the offer in future also. The 100K BA card was last available in Feb 2010 so it took more than a year to come back. Huge YMMV though.

BTW when is the precise date you were approved for CO card? I applied and was approved for CO card around Mar 10th and trying to determine when to apply for BA card. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:54 pm

I'm wondering if anyone that just open the Capital One Venture cards (personal and/or business) successfully applied for this card? I just got both personal and business cards from C1 but I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's too soon to jump on this deal. I have one other Chase card now that I never use. Any ideas?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:35 pm

i've seen reports that you can only get one chase card every 30 days which makes sense because i got the CO card in january. chase seems pretty easygoing to appeal if you've been rejected and also willing to move miles around from your other cards.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wdogg
i've seen reports that you can only get one chase card every 30 days which makes sense because i got the CO card in january. chase seems pretty easygoing to appeal if you've been rejected and also willing to move miles around from your other cards.
I've gotten 3 chase cards in a 1 month period earlier in the year, instant approval each time, without having to call in.

It's fair to say that while applying for too many cards from the same issuer in a short period isn't a great idea, it doesn't totally eliminate your chances of getting that second card. It is fair to say the 30 day period is a myth, at least on my experience.

Last edited by longleaf; Apr 12, 2011 at 5:35 pm
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:09 pm

Finally Approved

I applied last week and called a few times and they said it was pending and that nothing could be done. I called today and they finally said it was rejected because I had too many recent Chase applications. I asked them to split my credit limit and they agreed to open this card.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by robbiesam
I applied last week and called a few times and they said it was pending and that nothing could be done. I called today and they finally said it was rejected because I had too many recent Chase applications. I asked them to split my credit limit and they agreed to open this card.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Sorry, you have too many apps and we can't approve you. But I will move my credit lines around. Sure, I was just kidding about that too many applications. Welcome back to Chase.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:07 am
ylF

Originally Posted by swat16
I'm wondering if anyone that just open the Capital One Venture cards (personal and/or business) successfully applied for this card? I just got both personal and business cards from C1 but I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's too soon to jump on this deal. I have one other Chase card now that I never use. Any ideas?
I got both C1 cards as you did. Plus, I got Citi Trifecta and I got this BA 100K.

I have extremely low debt to income ratio and about 800 score.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:11 am

Thank You TennisPro! I sent your suggestion to my sister who had just gotten her BA card - she followed your directions, and got a message from the secure message center that they would honor the additional 50K mile request. AWESOME!

Thanks for the great suggestion and detailed instructions. It worked perfectly!

Last edited by flyerfan22; Apr 14, 2011 at 5:00 am
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Got antsy and called in. After a few questions I was told I was approved and the card should be in the mail soon. I didn't even have to close my now rarely-used WN card. (Although looking I see a random charge on that WN card how which annoys me since I haven't used it in over a month now so I think I may be having to call about a fraudulent charge...)

Anyway looking forward to earning my 100k miles and having a Visa with no foreign transaction fees for when I travel overseas.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by kts262
and having a Visa with no foreign transaction fees for when I travel overseas.
This is increasingly being offered on other cards.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
This is increasingly being offered on other cards.
True, but so far only my Amex Plat has it, and Amex isn't accepted in a lot of places. It will be nice to have an option that won't cost me 3% every time I need to use it for something overseas now.

The 100k miles isn't too bad either.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by swat16
Yeah, I applied for Capital One and was approved. I was initially rejected for the BA Visa but then when the CSR offered to move my credit lines around (I have a CO MasterCard), I agreed and was approved over the phone. I was also told that no denial is ever final so if I ever want to talk to a rep and see what can be done, I could.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Yeah, I applied for Capital One and was approved. I was initially rejected for the BA Visa but then when the CSR offered to move my credit lines around (I have a CO MasterCard), I agreed and was approved over the phone. I was also told that no denial is ever final so if I ever want to talk to a rep and see what can be done, I could.
+1 to this.

I didn't get the C1 card but I did get the CO Mastercard in Feb and then the Amex Plat and US Mastercard as well since then and I was approved once I called in they asked me a few questions.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by kts262
True, but so far only my Amex Plat has it, and Amex isn't accepted in a lot of places. It will be nice to have an option that won't cost me 3% every time I need to use it for something overseas now.

The 100k miles isn't too bad either.
Cap 1, CO and UA now have it, IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.