Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by TTBHG
You can call that number within minutes of your app. I got the pending application that most got because I used my house address to apply instead of my PO Box, which is the address on my credit report. They asked me to verify a few things on my credit report so they knew it wasn't identity theft and approved me on the spot.

I called within minutes of my app because I have a really high credit score and was concerned when I wasn't instantly approved.
I called a couple minutes after applying and received the pending message. The guy said it is still in process and asked me to wait too. Maybe I'll try again later today.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by koroleon
Hm, I called them one day after I applied. They put me on hold for 3 minutes, checked that my application status is "pending" and they told me to wait. I guess I should be concerned about it.
I can't say for sure because I didn't have that experience. If they didn't tell you that you were denied I would look at that as a positive. Did they ask you any questions at all?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by booyaa
I called a couple minutes after applying and received the pending message. The guy said it is still in process and asked me to wait too. Maybe I'll try again later today.
Yup, just called, same thing, its still processing. Not denied, so fingers crossed.

If it comes down to negotiating, would it be wise to cancel my CO card I just got 4 months ago in Dec? Do they still take back points if card is cancelled within 6 months?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other

If it comes down to negotiating, would it be wise to cancel my CO card I just got 4 months ago in Dec? Do they still take back points if card is cancelled within 6 months?
They won't take back the points. I say close & transfer that credit line to get BA.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by hamkan
Got the "pending application" notification, called 888-245-0625 and they pulled up the application from my SS#, approved ^
thanks for the number

data point here.... applied for Chase Hyatt card 4 weeks ago. Approved

then applied for Chase BA card 4/8/11 approved today.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by dilvala
I think what you do is really great and priceless for people just starting off.

thank you for ur blog and also gomiles.com i manage so many of family account that helps me and i wouldn't have found it if not for your blog.
Originally Posted by TTBHG
I want to second this. For anyone new to this game, make TPG a part of your daily reading. What sets his site apart from other blogs is his interaction with the people on the site. He walks them through things step by step. If you look at the comments section of his posts he answers almost every single question posed to him. I use his site for apps just for this reason.
Thank you! The blog is a labor of love, so its good to get this kind of feedback ^
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Thank you! The blog is a labor of love, so its good to get this kind of feedback ^
i think what you do is really great. yeah there are sites like fatwallet, slickdeals and flyertalk.

But without going into too much detail, the blog just hits with me on the things that really matter to me when it comes to travel and rewards. Sort of like cream of the crop like And i appreciate that.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
There seems to be plenty of questions on using BA miles on the Oneworld partners. These charts are even different than I understood.

Maybe you can clarify for me. I assumed the following for using BA miles on AA metal:

1) Logon to AA.com and do a search for award flights and availability.
2) For example January 2010 shows availability - MIA-FRA 20K Economy MileSAAver Off Peak (one way)
3) Call BA and request specific AA flights showing the above seats
4) BA Mileage used - 40K (Roundtrip)
5) And I also assumed that since I used AA I would avoid the heavy BA fees and taxes.

But are you saying that BA will not honor the AA 20K MileSAAver Off Peak rate?
Based on your BA charts it would be 50K? Is this roundtrip?

I figure I'd better figure this out... I am going to have 100K BA miles shortly!

Thanks for clarifying this.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:23 pm

How many days ago did you apply?
FYI, mine took 2 days from application until they approved it. I called in twice to the number posted above.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by luv2buynfly
There seems to be plenty of questions on using BA miles on the Oneworld partners. These charts are even different than I understood.

Maybe you can clarify for me. I assumed the following for using BA miles on AA metal:

1) Logon to AA.com and do a search for award flights and availability.
2) For example January 2010 shows availability - MIA-FRA 20K Economy MileSAAver Off Peak (one way)
3) Call BA and request specific AA flights showing the above seats
4) BA Mileage used - 40K (Roundtrip)
5) And I also assumed that since I used AA I would avoid the heavy BA fees and taxes.

But are you saying that BA will not honor the AA 20K MileSAAver Off Peak rate?
Based on your BA charts it would be 50K? Is this roundtrip?

I figure I'd better figure this out... I am going to have 100K BA miles shortly!

Thanks for clarifying this.
The 40,000 special off-peak pricing is only available when using American miles. You can book those same flights with BA miles, but you will have to go with the Single Oneworld chart- which is 50,000 miles (and a substantial fuel surcharge- ~$350). As I described in my post on BA award taxes/fees, redeeming BA miles for coach flights to Europe is one of the worst uses of BA miles. Ironic, huh considering BA is a European airline.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
The 40,000 special off-peak pricing is only available when using American miles. You can book those same flights with BA miles, but you will have to go with the Single Oneworld chart- which is 50,000 miles (and a substantial fuel surcharge- ~$350). As I described in my post on BA award taxes/fees, redeeming BA miles for coach flights to Europe is one of the worst uses of BA miles. Ironic, huh considering BA is a European airline.
Yeah ironic is right!
So if I use BA miles for a domestic AA flight, it is 25,000 RT, but what about fees? Do I still pay fees since I am using AA?

Is there anyway to avoid the fees? I am so used to paying virtually nothing on AA when booking award travel. Many of the BA fees are almost equivalent to a coach fare on sale!

Maybe the 100K isn't all that great a deal for $95 annually.

edit: I just scrolled down far enough on your blog post to see the $5.00 fee for a domestic AA award.... whew!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by kuwaito
I got an email from chase.com last night saying that my application was approved. Not sure why i got the "we are reviewing your application" when i applied last tuesday. yay
Just an additional datapoint for those monitoring how long it takes to get a response from Chase once one gets the pending notice...

Applied Tuesday afternoon 4/5; credit report pulled Saturday 4/9; no email from Chase, but when I log on to my Chase account this morning, I see my new BA card there with credit line details etc.

Since I know there is some discussion on how long to wait between Chase cards, I got the UA card in mid January and now this one in early April.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
After applying, don't worry about the 'still processing' notification. Mine also took about 5 days because they have many applications to go thru at Chase and I was told it was due to security checks. I also have other Chase ccs, but they said the hold up had nothing to do with credit, it was just their standard security checks that were taking a while. Most don't get instant approval anymore since more must be manually approved. I did get approved and for much more limit than I anticipated without having to move credit. They also told me they wouldn't just deny it for that reason, they would call first to see about moving credit if needed. Even after approval I never received an email (at least not yet).
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:18 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
declined but then approved

Called in to determine the status of my application. Was told over the phone that I was declined. However, after they asked me a few questions and asked me if I wanted to move some of the credit line from my Chase CO card to BA, I said yes, and was approved!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:41 am

I got approved instantly on Wednesday.

Called in Friday and was told it was still processing and to call back Monday

Called in Monday and they said the card had gone out on Saturday for 5-7 business day mail. Since I am traveling overseas the next day, I asked if it could be overnighted. I was assured it would reach me today by 3 and was told to call back today for the tracking number.

Called in and they said the card was not sent out yesterday and still in processing. I don't know why the previous CS said it could be out to me today, frustrated about that and that I can't take the card with me on my trip. Sorry for the rant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.