Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:04 am

In the last few weeks I have applied for the Chase CO card, followed by the UA card and finally yesterday the BA card. In the case of the UA and BA cards my applications were not immediately accepted and actually declined. However, calling Chase (1-888-270-2127) to find out the status I was able to ask the person answering for a review, and in both cases the decision to deny my application was overturned. In other words, I have gotten 50k CO, 50k UA and 100k BA in the space of just under two months! YMMV, but it is worth reiterating that if you want this card you should apply regardless and just because you get denied at first it does not mean you will not ultimately get the card and offer!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Read every post, didn't see answer. Please forgive me if it was asked.

If I book domestic on AA using BA miles with multiple stops would I be charged baggage fees?

If so would I be exempt on AA from fees with BA miles since I'm lifetime Gold?

Thanks for your time to answer.

Last edited by elkhornne; Apr 7, 2011 at 8:10 am
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by elkhornne
Read every post, didn't see answer. Please forgive me if it was asked.

If I book domestic on AA using BA miles with multiple stops would I be charged baggage fees?

If so would I be exempt on AA from fees with BA miles since I'm lifetime Gold?

Thanks for your time to answer.
As long as you have some 1W status, you won't be charged fees.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
UA,
Thanks for your answer.

I apoligize to all for posting in wrong froum. I new to FT but will learn.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: US PP, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Dia, ICH Plat
is there a business card for this offer?

TIA,

Foy
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by elkhornne
UA,
Thanks for your answer.

I apoligize to all for posting in wrong froum. I new to FT but will learn.
Frankly, I'm getting some good information regarding the attractiveness of the offer from the questions/answers regarding AA compatibility. Not sure it IS the wrong forum for some of them.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Since when can you combine AA and BA

dh
Sorry, poor choice of words...

I only mean that AA and BA miles can both be redeemed for AA flights. So primarily-domestic flyers don't need to be turned off by the BA offer, and can still net a ton of free AA flights by applying for both deals.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:07 am

anyone else have problems loading the "apply now" page
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by foysrus
is there a business card for this offer?

TIA,

Foy
Unfortunately not.

Originally Posted by JimmyInGreatLakes
Frankly, I'm getting some good information regarding the attractiveness of the offer from the questions/answers regarding AA compatibility. Not sure it IS the wrong forum for some of them.
Agree that understanding how to use the miles is an important part of understanding if this deal is right for you. BA miles are definitely compatible with AA and other Oneworld carriers- you just need to know how the process works (like BA having four award charts). For anyone interested in tips and screen shots on potential Oneworld awards using BA miles, you can check out my blog post on the topic- feel free to comment there if you don't feel comfortable asking your question here.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: Virtuoso
I am so excited this offer was brought back! I missed it last time as I wasn't on FT yet. Neither the husband or I have a BA account and I hadn't yet signed him up for the Chase CO 50K offer. I already know how the miles will be used.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by chrisk3380
anyone else have problems loading the "apply now" page
I just submitted an app using my link and it went through flawlessly. Maybe its your firewall or security settings?

Last edited by aviators99; Apr 17, 2011 at 8:07 pm Reason: Moderator removed referral link. Only allowed in signatures.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Unfortunately not.

Agree that understanding how to use the miles is an important part of understanding if this deal is right for you. BA miles are definitely compatible with AA and other Oneworld carriers- you just need to know how the process works (like BA having four award charts). For anyone interested in tips and screen shots on potential Oneworld awards using BA miles, you can check out my blog post on the topic- feel free to comment there if you don't feel comfortable asking your question here.
Thank you. I have no intention of flying internationally anytime soon but it sounds like this deal could get me flights domestically with little problem...e.g. I could book an AA flight using BA miles from DTW to MCO without ever leaving the British Airways site?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
I'm in Buenos Aires now thanks to the first promo. As of Feb. there was no fuel surcharge on LAN. I was able to book then Mia-lim (stop)-ipc (Easter island stop)-scl-eze (stop)- lim-Mia for 80,000 miles and $150 for taxes and fees.
Nice! I hope I can that sort of return for my miles when I'm ready to book.

I fly out of TPA, but MIA wouldn't be a problem at all.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by booyaa
What's up with all the huge CLs? I have Freedom with 4.3k and CO with 4k, granted I'm still in grad school. I should have no problem with this BA card, right? Scores in mid-700s, have 6 inquiries on TU, which I believe is what they pull from here.
I believe income is one significant factor in granting CL's. I have 4 rental properties (with 4 mortgages) and I don't get super high CL's (except from Credit Unions) due to the banks thinking my mortgages are like credit card debt. Their computer models automatically give me lower CL's. With recons, I usually can get decent limits when I explain to a "human" that my rents are greater than income. I usually don't need the high CL's (15-20K+), I just want the nice signup bonuses. I got "stung" with Barclay's US Airways card. Got their Plat 10K version instead of 35K. Having to talk to their outsourced CSR's is a major "pain". All they know is to read from their "script".

My wife gets pretty decent CL's (most credit cards use household income).

I have learned to put "gross" rent (plus my regular wages) in the applications. One time I put "net" rental income & I got a turn down with a Credit Union. On recon with extensive documentation, I got offered a very nice CL.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by JimmyInGreatLakes
Thank you. I have no intention of flying internationally anytime soon but it sounds like this deal could get me flights domestically with little problem...e.g. I could book an AA flight using BA miles from DTW to MCO without ever leaving the British Airways site?
Correct- britishairways.com will let you book American flights- however with complex/multi-stop itineraries, you may have to check to see whats available on AA.com (or use expertflyer.com) and then call to have the award booked. They will waive the phone booking fee if the trip can't be booked online.

I used 37,500 BA to fly one way first class SFO-JFK recently and taxes were $2.50. I also used 50,000 to fly JFK-YVR roundtrip on Cathay in business class- taxes were $85. Both booked on britishairways.com ^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.