Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by snowymt
same here--I haven't paid though so was thinking maybe after payment that the additional 50k will go through
I transferred $2,501 with the initial application in late April. Paid it off in full before billing cycle ended 5/15. I've also only received the initial 50,000. Waiting...and waiting.
Old May 24, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
According to Chase the posting time for the extra 50,000 is 6 to 8 weeks.

That probably means 6 to 8 weeks from the time you get your first 50,000.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA
I still havent received my card yet
Does anyone know the # to inquire about when I would recieve it?
Old May 24, 2011, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sambb
I still havent received my card yet
Does anyone know the # to inquire about when I would recieve it?
Post #1
Old May 24, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by eknock007
Have you gotten your bonus yet. Remember that there are two versions of the Chase UA. A regular Visa and a Signature Visa. You can get a bonus for each one. I've done it. But I don't think you can get a bonus more than once on each one. A friend of mine tried and was unsuccessful.
Didn't read the whole thread but did a search for 'regular' in this thread.

This guy is correct. My wife got the Signature and I got the regular card. The phone rep confirmed we're both signed up for the 100k mile promo.

Also, good to know that you can get the bonus for each card. I wonder how I'd go about getting each one considering they're the same application.

EDIT: The non-Signature card does still have the $95 annual fee

Last edited by ramalama8; Jun 2, 2011 at 8:43 am Reason: Incorrect assumption
Old May 25, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: QFF WP
I can't remember what date I applied, but I received my card on 28 April.

First spend on 29 April.

Passed $2,500 on 6 May.

First statement closed 21 May.

Had 100k + spending miles post this Monday, 23 May.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:48 am

Im a little confused by some of the above posts. Is the BA Visa a signature card or a regular Visa card, and are there any differences?
My new Chase BA visa does not mention anything about signature.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: SkyMiles Silver / DividendMiles Silver
Originally Posted by amrom
Im a little confused by some of the above posts. Is the BA Visa a signature card or a regular Visa card, and are there any differences?
Try looking just under the VISA logo on the front of the card....

EDIT: Oh, I didn't read the other post saying there legitimately WAS a non-sig card! I guess the main diff is the no-annual fee on the plain one.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by ddallas
I prefer Citibank's way of handling the situation where they decline you for the card rather than give you the card without a bonus.
I respectfully disagree. I would like to get the current US Airways special credit card offer as they give 10K bonus miles each year. This offsets the $89 fee and I was intending to keep this card permanently. However when I applied for the card they said that I once had this card so they cannot consider me. I was not particularly looking for the 35K bonus, it would have been good.

What if you close your Citibank AA card and then decide AA is best for you? You can never get it, however with Chase you can at least get the card without the bonus.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Originally Posted by ramalama8
Didn't read the whole thread but did a search for 'regular' in this thread.

This guy is correct. My wife got the Signature and I got the regular card. The phone rep confirmed we're both signed up for the 100k mile promo. Only difference is that the regular card doesn't have to pay the $95 annual fee. Anyone know if I can downgrade my wife's card to the regular card in order to not have to pay the annual fee but still get the bonus?

Also, good to know that you can get the bonus for each card. I wonder how I'd go about getting each one considering they're the same application.
Are you sure about that? I received the non-signature version as well but was charged the $95 annual fee on my first statement.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:29 pm

Does anyone know if you book an award using BA miles on a partner (eg Cathay Pacific), and you pay the taxes/fees with your BA Visa, does it count for 2.5 miles per since you are essentially paying BA?
Old May 25, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Happily off the elite hamster wheel
Originally Posted by ramblers63
Does anyone know if you book an award using BA miles on a partner (eg Cathay Pacific), and you pay the taxes/fees with your BA Visa, does is count for 2.5 miles per since you are essentially paying BA?
Oooh. I hope we do. That'd be a nice little quasi double-dip.
Old May 25, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ddallas
That's how Chase usually does it. If you apply again for the same or sometimes even similar offers, they give you the card but not the bonus.

I prefer Citibank's way of handling the situation where they decline you for the card rather than give you the card without a bonus.
No. I DONT like Citi's way because there are times people want cards not just for the bonuses.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I respectfully disagree. I would like to get the current US Airways special credit card offer as they give 10K bonus miles each year. This offsets the $89 fee and I was intending to keep this card permanently. However when I applied for the card they said that I once had this card so they cannot consider me. I was not particularly looking for the 35K bonus, it would have been good.

What if you close your Citibank AA card and then decide AA is best for you? You can never get it, however with Chase you can at least get the card without the bonus.
YES! Chase has a much better practice. Then again, Chase is a much better-run bank to begin with.

Denying bonuses because you have already got one before is a very fair practice.

Denying cards despite you are well qualified, only because the bank's crappy software cannot keep track of previous bonuses given, is a very UNFAIR practice, as in 99% of the time Citi still made a hard inquiry on your report. It did on both occasions when I was denied for the 1st timer only clause. And I am sure the majority of us who rec'd such denials did get a ding on our reports for nothing.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM, DL GM, HHGold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Visa Signature

Originally Posted by amrom
It should say Signature under the VISA in the lower right hand corner. If I were you, I would avoid this card like the plague. Chase is a fine bank with a good reputation which they may lose with all the problems with BA Exec Club. AS a MM on UA and a frequent traveler to the UK I thought I would give BA some business. I applied and got the card which has a BAEC number on the bottom. The number didn't match the number which BA sent me via email. I called them and Chase. BAEC told me they would merge the numbers, which they did, and they deleted the number which appears on the VISA card meaning I will get no miles for any purchases with this card. After a month of multiple phone calls and emails I have finally cancelled the card. The people at Chase were baffled, but I explained that they had done nothing wrong here. BAEC has the most inept and clueless people I have ever dealt with.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by wonneca
It should say Signature under the VISA in the lower right hand corner. If I were you, I would avoid this card like the plague. Chase is a fine bank with a good reputation which they may lose with all the problems with BA Exec Club. AS a MM on UA and a frequent traveler to the UK I thought I would give BA some business. I applied and got the card which has a BAEC number on the bottom. The number didn't match the number which BA sent me via email. I called them and Chase. BAEC told me they would merge the numbers, which they did, and they deleted the number which appears on the VISA card meaning I will get no miles for any purchases with this card. After a month of multiple phone calls and emails I have finally cancelled the card. The people at Chase were baffled, but I explained that they had done nothing wrong here. BAEC has the most inept and clueless people I have ever dealt with.
Actually mine has a blue strip across the middle with "VISA SIGNATURE" printed in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.