Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Sign in using an external account

Old May 16, 11, 12:50 pm   #1066

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, US, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Privileges Diamond, HHonors Gold, Marriott
It took several weeks for me to receive my card as well so some delay is not unusual. Keep in mind, however, that Chase considers the trigger date for the $2500 spending requirement to be the date you applied for the card. As mentioned in other portions of this thread, they apparently will consider moving that date forward if you make that request during the call to activate your card (one of the benefits of a human rather than automated contact). Also keep in mind that the annual fee does not count towards your spending limit so your total account activity must hit $2595.00 to qualify for the second 50,000 mile bonus.
lwildernorva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 1:48 pm   #1067

Programs: SPG PLT, US*G, A3*G
Does anyone have any experience with Chase adding the 100k bonus offer to one's account after they claim the card was applied for with no bonus offer at all?

I applied for, and received my card w/ the 100k offer. Applied for my wife a few days later (well before the offer expired) and Chase is claiming her card has no bonus. They forwarded the case to another department, waiting to hear back...
tlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 9:09 pm   #1068

Programs: US Air, Hilton, Priority Club, AA, UA
Angry BA Chase 100,000 Miles WAS REJECTED BECAUSE I WAS OLD

I got the credit card in the mail today! AND a companion letter

"You recently opened a new BA Visa Card account, which offered a premium after completeing your first purache using your new card.
The terms and condtions asscocated with your account specify that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers. Our recrods indliate that you have taken advantage of this offer or a similary offer in the past. Based on this informaiton, your new account is not eligible to receive the premium associated with the first use the card"

A/K/A TOO BAD I Got the 100,000 in 2009 now i can not get it again. I called the lady and she said it is a "lifetime exclusion" once you get it you will never be considered a NEW CARDMEMBER UNTIL YOU DIE.

So i canceled the card.
TomRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 9:19 pm   #1069

Has someone moved the statement dAte forward to get miles sooner?

I have an upcoming trip in July and I am worried that I might bit get the award Seats. I got the card today but the statement date is June 7. The csr said they can move the date up but is then not sure if the miles will transfer this cycle or the next.

Has someone done this before?
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 9:19 pm   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRI View Post
I got the credit card in the mail today! AND a companion letter

"You recently opened a new BA Visa Card account, which offered a premium after completeing your first purache using your new card.
The terms and condtions asscocated with your account specify that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers. Our recrods indliate that you have taken advantage of this offer or a similary offer in the past. Based on this informaiton, your new account is not eligible to receive the premium associated with the first use the card"

A/K/A TOO BAD I Got the 100,000 in 2009 now i can not get it again. I called the lady and she said it is a "lifetime exclusion" once you get it you will never be considered a NEW CARDMEMBER UNTIL YOU DIE.

So i canceled the card.
The T&C did say "Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer".
Schutzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 9:33 pm   #1071

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, US, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Privileges Diamond, HHonors Gold, Marriott
Reading comprehension not required to be peeved at rational T&Cs. Of course, given some of the actions of reps of credit card companies' in response to certain applications or telephone calls from their own customers where the reps take actions that apparently ignore their own T&Cs, no major surprise that somebody's mad because they didn't get the same lucky break.
lwildernorva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 9:41 pm   #1072
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I posted earlier today on how we're still waiting for the cards, and sure enough, both cards arrived in today's mail.
dhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 10:01 pm   #1073

Chase/BA 100k miles offer - Moving statement date forward to get miles sooner?

I got the cards for me and my wife today in the mail. I have an upcoming trip in July and I am worried that I might bit get the award Seats. The statement date is June 7. The CSR said they can move the date up but is then not sure if the miles will transfer this cycle or the next.

Wondering if its worth moving it up and it will work fine OR to just wait till June 10th to book tickets. How is BA generally about reward ticket availability for Sea --> Lon round trip from Mid-July to Mid-August?

Thanks!
Old May 16, 11, 10:02 pm   #1074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
I have an upcoming trip in July and I am worried that I might bit get the award Seats. I got the card today but the statement date is June 7. The csr said they can move the date up but is then not sure if the miles will transfer this cycle or the next.

Has someone done this before?
Yes, I did this last week. Met the spend in one purchase, then emailed and asked them to change the statement date to this past Fri. On Sun I noticed the 100K posted. But, in your case booking last minute could be tough.
Milezjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 11:14 pm   #1075

Programs: MR Plat, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*, UA Silver, PC Plat, SW A-List
I just did this with the chase continental card... i don't see why it wouldn't work to get you the miles quicker.

But it's already rather late to get award tickets booked for july/august which is prime time for europe. I have a lot more experience with united/star alliance and to do a mid summer trip w/ a saver award, you often have to book 6-12 month in advance. I just did a search for sea-lhr through BA.com and there is nothing in economy and scattered days in August/September for premium economy and business. You don't need the miles to search for award tickets via your BA executive club account.
goldenbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 11, 11:37 pm   #1076

Ah - good point!

Just checked and they indeed do not have anything for july/august.

I checked availability for other months also and they are pretty sad. Do folks really get to use miles? Makes me think now if I should have gotten the card...
Old May 17, 11, 12:07 am   #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
I just did this with the chase continental card... i don't see why it wouldn't work to get you the miles quicker.
I also want to do that with my new CO card to get the bonus quicker. My card is arriving tomorrow but they have the due date set at July 8th. Will the CS give me any excuses and say they can not move that due date to May 27th? (6 weeks before the first bill is to be due).
scwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 11, 12:41 am   #1078

Programs: SkyMiles Silver / DividendMiles Silver
Dear Diary.....

Jackpot. Got my card in the mail today!
the-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 11, 1:29 am   #1079

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
I missed out on so many great ways to spend my $2500 because Chase is taking forever to send this card. It's my fault for waiting so long to apply. Now I don't know how to meet the minimum. Here's what was missed:

1) 40 SkyMiles per Dollar
2) My chance to upgrade to a Canon 60D
3) My chance to upgrade to a Canon T3i

Why do all good deals come days / weeks apart? argh.
lrluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 11, 7:34 am   #1080

Programs: Mahalo Rewards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
Ah - good point!

Just checked and they indeed do not have anything for july/august.

I checked availability for other months also and they are pretty sad. Do folks really get to use miles? Makes me think now if I should have gotten the card...
You would find this to be pretty much the case for any mileage program for Europe in the summer. For that matter any closer-in travel to more popular destinations during their high season.

Available award seats can sporadically open up over time and some airlines release more at the "last minute". But typically, advance planning and flexibility are key to success.
84fiero is offline   Reply With Quote