Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ramblers63
Did anyone who was not instantly approved and then called the automated 800# a few days later get confirmation of approval? I just want to know if I should continue to keep checking the automated, or if I'm resigned to waiting for the "7-10 day written notice".

More specifically, did anyone call the automated line, get the "still under review and we will notify you by mail" message, and then call back a few days later and get a "you are approved" message? Thanks.
I applied on 05/03. Automated response notified of approval today. Same for my wife.

Have not gotten any written notice and only made the call after seeing an alert on my credit report this morning.
Old May 10, 2011, 12:57 pm

Applied for myself and my husband on the 30th of April and no instant approval. I called again on May 2 and my husband's was approved with 20K limit but mine was still pending. I have called every other day since and they could never give me any information except to say that if it were to be denied then it would be denied right away which it wasn't. I called again today and finally I got an approval with also 20K limit and when I asked when the approval date was for mine, they said it was May 2. So all along it's been approved yet they couldn't let me know until today.

I also asked if the card could be rushed (using it for a trip!) but they said I could only do that once the account number has been established so they said to call in a few more days but to expect the card between 7-10 days. Hmmmm... More wait!
Old May 10, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL GM
Applied and was approved something like 9 days ago, still have not received the card. I have been auto-enrolled in BA Executive Club and have been receiving e-mails from them. Give them a call and ask where my card is?
Old May 10, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA, BA
Originally Posted by flyerfan22
Got the dreaded letter - you were approved for the card, but you will not get the miles bonus. Just canceled the card without issue.

So sad, I liked those miles!

how come you missed the miles? when did u apply?
Old May 10, 2011, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by cochino_BA
how come you missed the miles? when did u apply?
It's not when flyerfan22 applied; it's that he (or she) already got this card (and bonus), and Chase no longer allows double-dipping. That's why the title on ff22's post was "no churn".
Old May 10, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by RedRiver
They are both gonna get denied, most likely, for too many recent applications.
Damn you being correct. The problem I have now is reconsideration. All of my inqs have disappeared since they pulled. How will I explain that if they want to pull again? "too many requests for credit" was the reason, so now the wiill only see that they inquired on my credit vs what was there last week
Old May 10, 2011, 5:47 pm

I called and bugged them twice a day since I didn't receive instant approval. I had a credit freeze which i needed lifting. I also requested for rush delivery (2 business days) for both the BA 100k and the Continental 50k bonus miles chase credit cards.

Credit report pulled on May 5th, approved on May 8th for BA cc. Applied on May 8, 2011 for Continental CC. CSR said everything was fine. I called on Monday and they said i have a credit freeze which I immediately lift, called back half hour and they were reviewing my application. This morning I received the approval and they said they ordered the card for me and it will be UPS in 2 days.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Just called to activate the card & was told by the CSR that fee is waived for the 1st yr, will see what happens after 1st purchase. Btw, the BA# is not printed on the card, does this mean it's not properly linked to the BA#?
Old May 10, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rdchen
Just called to activate the card & was told by the CSR that fee is waived for the 1st yr, will see what happens after 1st purchase. Btw, the BA# is not printed on the card, does this mean it's not properly linked to the BA#?
Mine has my BA number on the card .....
Old May 10, 2011, 7:03 pm

Not impressed with Chase customer service

A data point:

Credit score >780, minimal use of existing credit. I've applied for several cards over the past couple of months, and got an "instant rejection" on the last day of this promo. Reason given was too many recent applications, including another Chase card with a miles promo that was approved about a month earlier. Called the reconsideration number, talked to 2 dismissive reps and on the third call got one who asked why I was applying for so many cards. I simply explained that I have some upcoming travel plans and want to maximize my participation in mileage programs. She said OK, let's split your credit line between the two cards but I can't promise you'll be approved.

So yesterday I get two computer-generated snail mails from Chase, one informing me that my application was turned down and another congratulating me on my new BA card and outlining the terms of the credit line split. My online Chase account lists only the one account, with the reduced credit line. The phone message tells me I should expect a written response within 2 weeks. No card, no email, no second account shown online. And the reps I'm talking to now are clueless.

Grrr.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by jkif987
I was initially denied for "too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". I called today and they approved me by shifting some of my credit from my chase sapphire to this card. My application was put in before the deadline, but since it was just approved today, can i still expect to receive the bonus miles?
You shouldn't have a problem. You can always send them a secured email through the website or ask them when you call to activate, but I can't imagine them successfully denying you the miles.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Applied and was approved something like 9 days ago, still have not received the card. I have been auto-enrolled in BA Executive Club and have been receiving e-mails from them. Give them a call and ask where my card is?
You're probably fine. Mine seemed like it took about 2 weeks. Longer than I would have expected. That being said, I think I read somewhere upthread that you can call and they can tell you when the card was mailed, but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
Well I applied for the card a few days before the end date (honestly don't remember exactly which day) and got the delayed determination (first time I have ever had a card do this but considering I had just gotten the priorityclub card and one other I could understand it). I just checked my chase account and the card is showing up there already as a signature card but I have received nothing stating confirmation of the card nor confirmation of the miles. I am assuming I have nothing to worry about, just amazed they didnt even email me confirmation before setting up the account on chase.com.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
I applied on 4/27 and was instantly approved. It took 8 days to receive the card. When I called to activate it, I was gladly surprised that the nice CS reminded me of the promo and the bonuses, and it exactly as expected^
The only thing is that we can actually choose any payment date and she first suggested one that would have the cycle closed in 10 days. I asked her to move to a later date, as I wanted to meet the minimum spend in the first cycle, which she did.
Old May 11, 2011, 6:14 am

Signed up the first day the card was available. Spent $2500 the first day I received the card. Miles posted in my account this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.