[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:43 pm

Need a little HELP

so i was approved for Hyatt card last month and i was declined for the BA card.

I called the 1-888- and my options are to closed out the Hyatt card then they can open the BA card. The problem is that i wonder if they will take away the 2 free nights that come with the Hyatt card.

Also i was told another time i called it that i can pay down some of the balances i have ran up ( due to CITI AA card with 4000 spending requirement). Which i have already paid off, just waiting for it to update with the credit reporting companies. And they will pull a credit report again and re evaluate the application again.

I am not really sure if they can take away the Hyatt 2 nights. Also i could just wait till my report updates and try again at that time if i am denied i would tell them to close the Hyatt. 2 nights or 100k miles decision decision.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Spiffster
Yep, or wait for the "Welcome to BA" email...

Mine hasn't popped up yet. I have 4 Chase cards with a CL of 35K, wie has 3 with a limit of 18K so there's plenty of room to move the limits around. I just paid off 2 new cars 6 months ago so I know there's 50K of headroom in my limit (although vehicles are partially secured so it's really less than that).

Only one Citi AA card?
ROFL, yea -- I didn't realize at the time I could've used a different link for the $1500 spend instead of the $4000 spend, and didn't think I could swing more than one. Looking back at it, should've done it. Maybe I'll try the business card...
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
My wife got approved for the non-signature card. Is this still valid for the 100,000 miles? Customer service rep didn't know but did note the account.

Any help from previous users appreciated.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by mariobey
My wife got approved for the non-signature card. Is this still valid for the 100,000 miles? Customer service rep didn't know but did note the account.

Any help from previous users appreciated.
I was in the same situation, and CS couldn't help. I sent a message via secure online messaging (found within your chase.com account), and the rep got back to me, in writing, confirming the details of the offer. Now even if there is a problem, I have it in writing that I should get it. I suggest following up the same way to cover yourself just in case.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by gv111
Are there any downsides to creating a household account?

NM! Got the answer from your blog. Thanks.
Yes, I believe once you create a household account the miles can NOT be used outside of the household. Check the details. This is an issue if you wanted to provide the miles to others in exchange for something even more lucrative than miles....
Old Apr 24, 2011, 4:39 pm

When I activated my card I also verified the 100,000 miles. Today, one week later, Chase sent me a notice I won't be getting any miles since I've had a mileage card in the past with them (this was two years ago). Not too happy right now. I know what their offer says, but here I am spending money on their card for a week after verifying the terms and now they send this to me?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Hofu
Yes, I believe once you create a household account the miles can NOT be used outside of the household. Check the details. This is an issue if you wanted to provide the miles to others in exchange for something even more lucrative than miles....
But you can disolve your household account at anytime.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by elshagon
When I activated my card I also verified the 100,000 miles. Today, one week later, Chase sent me a notice I won't be getting any miles since I've had a mileage card in the past with them (this was two years ago). Not too happy right now. I know what their offer says, but here I am spending money on their card for a week after verifying the terms and now they send this to me?
I assume you mean that you've had a British Airways card with Chase, rather than just a Chase card.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm unclear on this - does that just mean that you can't *join* miles from multiple members of a household to get someone outside the household a ticket? Or does it mean that if you have a household account you can't get anyone outside a ticket period, even if the miles come entirely from one person's individual account? I thought the former was the case...
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by huge
I'm unclear on this - does that just mean that you can't *join* miles from multiple members of a household to get someone outside the household a ticket? Or does it mean that if you have a household account you can't get anyone outside a ticket period, even if the miles come entirely from one person's individual account? I thought the former was the case...
When you are a part of a Household, all miles belong to the household. The only tickets that can be redeemed are for members of the household. You cannot redeem "your" miles for someone outside of the household.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:23 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
It has been over a week I have received no email and no card, I applied last weekend. How long did it take for you guys to get it? I had instant approval should I call?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by cagalindo
It has been over a week I have received no email and no card, I applied last weekend. How long did it take for you guys to get it? I had instant approval should I call?
I applied April 15, got instant approval, but heard nothing else. I've called and all they say is it's pending. They say there is absolutely no way to speed it up???? You can call to check your status. My wife applied Apr 14 and got instant approval and yet to receive her card. They said it's in the mail.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:59 pm

I got my card last week and if I get a follow-up letter indicating I won't be getting those 100K BA Miles I'm gonna fight it pretty hard. They had all the information they needed to make this decision "before" they approved the card. They could have indicated it at that time. Fight it!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Hofu
I got my card last week and if I get a follow-up letter indicating I won't be getting those 100K BA Miles I'm gonna fight it pretty hard. They had all the information they needed to make this decision "before" they approved the card. They could have indicated it at that time. Fight it!
Yes, but the T&C don't state you won't be approved for the card if you've had it before, just that you won't receive the bonus.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
Yes, but the T&C don't state you won't be approved for the card if you've had it before, just that you won't receive the bonus.
Yes, but you can still fight it. T&C's say other things that have been waived by the proper, polite, logical approach to CSR's, this one could too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.