Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Cap One 100,000 Mile Signup Bonus ("Status Match") for their Venture Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Finally got the rejection letter for the biz card. It says I was rejected for too many recent inquiries on Experian (Citi, Chase & AmEx). However the rejection online was in under 15 seconds and I had been approved instantly for the personal a few days earlier with a $15K limit. Plus my credit review shows no 2nd pulls for the biz card.

Evidently the personal pull put me over C1's Experian pull limit.

Weird.
Same thing happened to my wife. But she had enough pulls that it was not a surprise. But could not resist on the chance she would be approved.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisInSD
Wait for an e-mail. It takes a long time. You must be patient. There is probably nothing for you to do on this for about a week.
Sometimes the card comes before the email with the passcode. My wife and I got two cards each. The last one, my business card came in the mail before I ever received a passcode email. I had received an email earlier that the card was in the mail. When I called to activate the card, I told them I didn't receive the passcode email. They at first said they couldn't find it on my account, then they found it, with which I promptly submitted my miles.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
When I called to activate my card, I was told that the Match my miles promo "ends at midnight tonight." This was 2 hours ago (~10pm PDT) and I still see the website up, so I don't know if she was in a different timezone or what. And who knows if there was any truth in what she was saying. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Confirmed: OFFER ENDS midnight April 5!

Originally Posted by lrluis
When I called to activate my card, I was told that the Match my miles promo "ends at midnight tonight." This was 2 hours ago (~10pm PDT) and I still see the website up, so I don't know if she was in a different timezone or what. And who knows if there was any truth in what she was saying. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Hadn't received the passcode for my business card, and I saw this frightening post. Called, received the passcode, and was told that indeed, the matching promo ends at midnight tonight, April 5. CSR said they are "coming up on one billion miles". Get it done today!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:25 am

I just applied and got approved last night.

Am I SOL to get the promo?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by jtmann
I just applied and got approved last night.

Am I SOL to get the promo?
GLeff claims that you should be fine (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...offer-is-over/), that anyone who has already been approved will get their matching miles, but that the offer is not open to new applicants.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
GLeff claims that you should be fine (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...offer-is-over/), that anyone who has already been approved will get their matching miles, but that the offer is not open to new applicants.
That's a relief. I applied for and was granted the business card, but I haven't received it nor have I received the pass code email. I've only received the congratulatory letter with the T&Cs on it.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
That's a relief. I applied for and was granted the business card, but I haven't received it nor have I received the pass code email. I've only received the congratulatory letter with the T&Cs on it.
I already have the Cap1 personal and business cards and wife has the personal. On a whim, I decided to apply for the business card for my wife last night and she was instantly approved.

Until reading this thread this morning I had no idea that the promotion was ending. I sure hope she gets the miles match. That's a lot of $$$ Cap1 has given us in this promo
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
forgive me but this statement confuses me...

on the one hand this says that anyone who has been approved will receive their miles, meaning that for example, if I just got approved just now for the business card (which I did not 10 mins ago) that I would get mile matched.

On the other, this says that the offer is not open to new applicants, which I was, not 10 minutes ago.

Then again, does this refer to the business card or the regular?
I already have the regular card and did get my miles there.

So I am confuzzled.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Spouse just hit the 1K spend. The 10K signup bonus posted. Waiting for the 100K match to post.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:35 am

I would not live and die by this statement. I know CSR give conflicting information, but the one I just talked to did say the promo will end tonight. And this was regarding the Business account I applied for on the 28th. They did give me the passcode over the phone. Tried to get the passcode over the phone when I activated the cards on Sunday but supposedly it wasn’t generated yet.

But back to the point, she said without any hesitation that all mileage statements had to be submitted by this evening. Which also begs the question of is this truly two different pots or not. Sure doesn’t seem like these miles are coming from two different pots. Why would both promos be closing at the same time. Surely there would have been more interest in the personal rather than the biz, at least there was a lot more chatter about the personal on here, and the biz was really lacking info on the website. My educated guess is that both cards are pulling from the same 1 billion cap. It also sounded like if you get your mileage statement in by tonight you should get them matched (even if it does top the 1 billion) but if you get it in tomorrow, your SOL.

So in summary, now is the time to worry about passcodes. The thread has many premature worriers on it, but I think now you can officially start worrying.

Also thanks to J3Brooklyn and Irluis for breaking the story, I would probably have been out 91,000 miles on the biz application.

Side note, my 100k personal miles just posted. It took about a week and a day from when the card was charged.

Last edited by encierro98; Apr 5, 2011 at 7:40 am
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
on the one hand this says that anyone who has been approved will receive their miles, meaning that for example, if I just got approved just now for the business card (which I did not 10 mins ago) that I would get mile matched.

On the other, this says that the offer is not open to new applicants, which I was, not 10 minutes ago.
Sounds like you're right on the cusp. All of the offer-ads are now gone from the website. You might want to call in & see if your application is eligible for the miles.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:52 am

?

wow. What bad timing. I was waiting for our mortgage to close yesterday. Applied for personal cap one card, decision pending.

DH applied for a business card, approved. Should we call and push for a code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone know the number for getting business and personal passcodes? Different numbers?
Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: DL PM Reserve
For those who were waiting for a passcode for the business card, but called and were able to get it, what number did you call?

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with 2 different reps and they would not give me a code. Was approved for the business card last Wednesday.

I think the second rep (american) was recording the call, because she talked really weird repeating things like "I've confirmed your ssn, dob, address, etc., now let me research..."

I'm definitely going to be PO'd if I can't submit a miles statement after midnight tonight.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
forgive me but this statement confuses me...

Then again, does this refer to the business card or the regular?
I already have the regular card and did get my miles there.

So I am confuzzled.
I'm confused too. I was told there were different pools for the personal and biz, but I haven't seen any reference to which ones are finished (and I would assume the biz wouldn't be anywhere near that 1 billion threshold).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.