Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Question Just applied...

Although I already have the Barclay's World Elite/USAirways card, I decided to give this a try today hoping for the 10k annual bonus that I did not have with my current card. I got an error screen...problems with the website after I applied. I immediately checked my current online account to find that I had been approved for the 2nd card. I checked the card benefits and found all was in order except the 10K annual bonus! T&C's on the landing page clearly stated the annual bonus (for which I have screen shots), so I will follow up and argue my case if needed. I'm curious to know if everyone else is having the same issue currently or if anyone who recently applied has been able to confirm with Barclay's that the 10K bonus is being honored as described in the T&C's. Thanks to all.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
I applied for first card from Barclays using 2nd link from post #2206.

After I submit I click OK to see if I get card and get the following:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.

Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
Thanks to aglasglow I used this link to check: https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do

and saw "US Airways Premier World MasterCard with a Revolving Credit Line of $12,000.00 "

Last edited by rmc1; Apr 3, 2013 at 9:39 am
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by rmc1
I applied for first card from Barclays using 2nd link from post #2206.

After I submit I click OK to see if I get card and get the following:

Will wait a bit and call the number as not sure how to check status via website that others talk about.
RMC1, try this link...

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do

Last edited by aglasgow; Apr 3, 2013 at 10:36 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:24 am

Data Point: Opened a US Airways card in 2011. Got the 40k first purchase bonus, as well as the 10k anniversary bonus in 2012. While the card was open, I tried twice to get a new card but was denied both times. Calling for reconsideration didn't work either.

Closed the card almost 2 months ago to avoid the annual fee. Just applied for a new one and got the error message upon submission. Checked the application status--and instantly approved!!! The new account even shows up in my Barclays online account.

Now I just hope I get the bonus!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:00 am

deleted

Last edited by mizzou1; Apr 3, 2013 at 11:01 am Reason: posted in wrong thread
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:50 pm

Can someone tell me which credit agencies they are checking? I'm in the SFO Bay Area. My Experian has 14 inquiries and I get rejected if they check them.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by farwest101
Can someone tell me which credit agencies they are checking? I'm in the SFO Bay Area. My Experian has 14 inquiries and I get rejected if they check them.
I'm pretty sure Barclays uses only Trans Union nationally. One of the reasons it's so nice.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I'm pretty sure Barclays uses only Trans Union nationally. One of the reasons it's so nice.
UNLESS you don't get instant approval. I had to do recon, and when I checked my credit it showed they had pulled ALL THREE bureaus.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CFFrost
UNLESS you don't get instant approval. I had to do recon, and when I checked my credit it showed they had pulled ALL THREE bureaus.
Yeah, Barclays' recon sucks for so many reasons. This being a major one.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101
In the bay myself, they pull TU for both Personal and Biz.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Yeah...they did this for me too, the first time around. I was denied and on recon, they pulled all 3 and STILL didn't approve me.
"Too many recent inquiries, apply after 6 months"

This time around, when I reapplied (after 6 months), I was still not instantly approved. Fearing the worst, I called recon, and told them-
A.I waited like you told me.
B.If you are going to pull all 3 bureaus on me, don't even bother.I don't want the card.

Well, the analyst laughed and said he'd already decided to approve me.
Phew.

P.S- I find it interesting that Barclays (in my experience) is the only one where the analysts can see how many times you've called. The first time when I was denied, I called 3-4 times and by the 4th time, they pretty much told me, "Look, we can see you've been denied and that you've tried calling again and again...It's not going to work"
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
You definitely don't want to cancel this card right away. You can get targeted offers for speding $750, $1250 and so on for 3 months. Then right at the 12-month mark, you may get 10,000 anniversary bonus miles, possibly before annual fee hits.
Why does it matter if the 10K miles hit before the annual fee? Won't Barclays rescind the miles if you cancel soon after the miles and before paying the annual fee?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Instant approval for #7.5K using link on post 2206. Good stuff!

Now to the next one...
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:37 am

Question

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Instant approval for #7.5K using link on post 2206. Good stuff!

Now to the next one...
Can you tell if they gave you the 10k annual bonus with renewal as stated in the T&C's? I used one of these links and when I checked my "rewards" on my online account this benefit is not listed!
Old Apr 4, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by Ducati
Why does it matter if the 10K miles hit before the annual fee? Won't Barclays rescind the miles if you cancel soon after the miles and before paying the annual fee?
No, they don't. Even if there's a disclaimer saying they will, in practice it hasn't happened, from firsthand experience. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.