Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by MNHunter
I think you needed to transfer $10K to get the 10K bal transfer, no?
Yes.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:42 am

Approved for 35k with no fee
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by pianistat
Yes.
Ah, ok then I did read that wrong. Well, still a decent deal.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by MNHunter
I think you needed to transfer $10K to get the 10K bal transfer, no?
just what i thought i knew 300 bucks you transfer wasnt going to be enough for the 10k.I dont think the 10 k makes much of a difference if you have to do a bt.Im happy i got the no af card and the nfl card that's 400 dollars more after 2500 spend which i can do in a 10 minute walk.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:49 am

Despite my concerns I submitted an App today. Got 10 day notice, then immediately checked app status online - denied. Might call reconsideration later.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Despite my concerns I submitted an App today. Got 10 day notice, then immediately checked app status online - denied. Might call reconsideration later.

you should call them right away thats what i did and got approved.I think if you dont call they might try to pull another inquiry.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:13 pm

Denied due to too many new/young accounts. He really grilled me on why I had so many new accounts and unfortunately I had not prepared a good answer. Analyst wouldn't budge when I offered to transfer credit from an existing card. Oh well.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:14 pm

I applied for the card in mid/end of Nov and got approved for the plat (i had a high balance on one card for the month so i got downgraded despite having high 7's score).

What are the chances if I reapply for the premier world MC or is it too soon? TU score is still high and balances are low this time.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by dmp614
YMMV, but this worked for me. Click on this working 35k link:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=31

and then click on Gary's defunct 40k link:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ja...req=CCMWC47830
Like several others I just tried this and it said pending within 10 days etc. But when I check online and when I call Barclays, there is no record of me ever applying.

Update: I got email notice of approval within an hour.

Last edited by tassojunior; Feb 15, 2013 at 5:20 pm
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:22 pm

hey they already pulled your credit you mind as well call in and try to get it approved.Lucky for me im a good liar since i didnt have anything planned when he asked me about why am i so credit hungry.I really wanted to tell him I want your sign up bonus then put it in my sock drawer then apply again but i went with i think barclays is the leader in the credit card industry and i will like to join them and take over.Ill help them take over in 3 months again after my 35k clears.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Like several others I just tried this and it said pending within 10 days etc. But when I check online and when I call Barclays, there is no record of me ever applying.
I tried the same thing, 35k link then 40k link, got pending within 10 days, and now there is no record of me applying.

I think the 35k link is a safer bet, I think I'm going to try that one too. Only one credit inquiry if done on the same day, and the worst they can do is deny one or both.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by birdseye
I tried the same thing, 35k link then 40k link, got pending within 10 days, and now there is no record of me applying.

I think the 35k link is a safer bet, I think I'm going to try that one too. Only one credit inquiry if done on the same day, and the worst they can do is deny one or both.
I got instant approval on the 35k link, after the pending/no record of applying from the 40k link.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by birdseye
I got instant approval on the 35k link, after the pending/no record of applying from the 40k link.
Same here
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
I'm now getting "Sorry for the inconvenience----technical difficulties on all 3 of the "new" 35K no-fee links when I apply (yes I tried applying under all 3).
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:59 pm

i guess its probably getting pulled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.