Reload this Page >

Travel Hacking Cartel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Hacking Cartel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by particlemn
Thanks i did not know about the 300 points for the survey. just got them now and they have already posted to the account. best yet i just saved 39 bucks, thanks again
Mrs User Name and I just worked out a scheme together to save $78 a month!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pnwd00d
I'm sort of disappointed by some of the negative comments from people who haven't actually taken the time to give it an objective look. I guess I should have thicker skin since forums tend to be this way though.
You're disappointed because we are laughing at people who are stupid enough to waste $39 a month for information that is published elsewhere at no cost? I hope you enjoy your subscription. lol
Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Getting your FlyerTalk Premium upgrade is easy - all you have to do is subscribe to the online edition of InsideFlyer magazine (a subscription only costs $12/year)!

I know there is no advertising on here, or spaming...

Please tip your local server, they have been good to you..
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
As someone pretty new to flyertalk it can be a bit intimidating and I can see where someone would want to pay for quick aggregated info...of course I would also think these would be the same people who would simply pay full price for a ticket. $468 a year could take you some where. Chris is a very good promoter and designer. I have read some of his books, but cant say I learned anything new (keep in mind I am REALLY new at this) and I think perhaps I found Lucky's blog via ANOC. Personally I think it works better with the spirit of getting stuff at low cost to get the info from the free blogs...just a personal opinion.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: *Alliance, OneWorld
A note from the Cartel Founder

Greetings all - I'm the founder of the Cartel and happy (although usually passive) FlyerTalker. I've sent tens of thousands of people to FT through my blog and will continue to do so.

As a couple of people have said, the project isn't for active travel geeks who already know everything about the world of travel hacking. Most of my readers, and many other "normal people" (i.e. not us!) out there really have no idea how this works. We're helping them figure it out in a way they can relate to, and ultimately the results will speak for themselves.

Also, I haven't sent anyone to this thread and just discovered it through Google myself, so the implication that my people are "spamming" here is absolutely incorrect. It's OK if you don't like the service, but please don't imply that it is somehow fraudulent.

Mostly, I wish everyone here well and if you are already an expert in this world, hang on to your $1. Happy travels to all!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by deepbluesky
Greetings all - I'm the founder of the Cartel and happy (although usually passive) FlyerTalker. I've sent tens of thousands of people to FT through my blog and will continue to do so.

As a couple of people have said, the project isn't for active travel geeks who already know everything about the world of travel hacking. Most of my readers, and many other "normal people" (i.e. not us!) out there really have no idea how this works. We're helping them figure it out in a way they can relate to, and ultimately the results will speak for themselves.

Also, I haven't sent anyone to this thread and just discovered it through Google myself, so the implication that my people are "spamming" here is absolutely incorrect. It's OK if you don't like the service, but please don't imply that it is somehow fraudulent.

Mostly, I wish everyone here well and if you are already an expert in this world, hang on to your $1. Happy travels to all!
So if the target audience isn't FT users, why are you spamming FT? Go somewhere else!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz #1 Club Gold, National Exec., Delta Silver
I thought this site was the travel cartel site?

Are you freakin' kidding me?

To the founder of the cartel site: Way to take that saying "there's one born every minute" to a new level. Charging for information that is found on the net for free? Good luck with your site, I guess - NOT!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
So I spent a dollar on this and see the site being useful for some people. I will cancel my membership next week but wait to see if any neat deals are posted. I squander too much time on travel blogs and flyertalk. I work by the hour, so it would often make more sense to obsess less over deals and earn money instead. Theoretically, it would make sense for me to pay for such a service were it an excellent warehouse for most all valuable miles-earning tips, but hunting for these things produces an odd satisfaction. I think one of the site's major detractions is its use of video over text for the bulk of content and the inherent superficiality and slowness of video vis a vis words. On a blog like those of frugaltravelguy or the boardingarea people, concrete examples and greater color is offered. Watching these videos apprises viewers of the possibilities to get/use miles/points but doesn't give as clear, action-oriented directions as flyertalk or well-crafted blogs.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by abitlost
So I spent a dollar on this and see the site being useful for some people. I will cancel my membership next week but wait to see if any neat deals are posted. I squander too much time on travel blogs and flyertalk. I work by the hour, so it would often make more sense to obsess less over deals and earn money instead. Theoretically, it would make sense for me to pay for such a service were it an excellent warehouse for most all valuable miles-earning tips, but hunting for these things produces an odd satisfaction. I think one of the site's major detractions is its use of video over text for the bulk of content and the inherent superficiality and slowness of video vis a vis words. On a blog like those of frugaltravelguy or the boardingarea people, concrete examples and greater color is offered. Watching these videos apprises viewers of the possibilities to get/use miles/points but doesn't give as clear, action-oriented directions as flyertalk or well-crafted blogs.
It's too bad the frugal travel guy's blog doesn't look like their page

8 ways to fly free from the travel hacking cartel... is this not misleading? No matter if you have the miles.. you still have to pay tax? One of the 8 should be get a job as a flight attendant.. haha
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by User Name
So if the target audience isn't FT users, why are you spamming FT? Go somewhere else!
I have quite the opposite view. I appreciate that deepbluesky
has taken the time to post about the product. Note that he did not start this thread. There may well be some FTers that spend minimum time cruising the forums here that could be interested in this product. Clearly you are not.

If you feel so strongly this is a spammer, surely you have notified a moderator to act on that?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:11 pm

Where are QL_714, Marathon Man, dwick, and Happy when you need them? I figured if anyone were to complain about this thread... a service that is actually selling deals helping the deals to get killed faster... they would be the first and most active!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by bowlernme
I thought this site was the travel cartel site?

Are you freakin' kidding me?

To the founder of the cartel site: Way to take that saying "there's one born every minute" to a new level. Charging for information that is found on the net for free? Good luck with your site, I guess - NOT!
deepbluesky - maybe you should make it a bit more clear that you are unaffiliated with FT? If people are perceiving otherwise, they're being duped.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Im going to start my own cartel. Who wants to join?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Im going to start my own cartel. Who wants to join?
Will it get me on a no fly list? lol
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Hacking is nothing more than cloning like a 3 Musketeer chiper, one pays and the rest ride for free..

So watch for it here, every thing that is said and done...

You will see it here a few seconds later for FREE....

Save a buck, and best of all Good Luck...Free is good

FT..is Great...Premo Additiion gets you more....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.