Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Reliant or Energy Plus AA and UA offers (CT, MD, NJ, NY, PA and TX) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reliant or Energy Plus AA and UA offers (CT, MD, NJ, NY, PA and TX) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 5:58 am

Hey folks. Switched to EP last year for 15K Southwest miles.

My electric bill almost doubled. Called EP and got them to send me a refund for the obscene overcharging (triple the deliver rate of my previous supplier). I also got my miles. I almost switched my business to EP before I caught the price gouging. Would have cost me over 2K!

Avoid Energy Plus like the plague; if not, monitor your bills closely. This company is the definition of scum.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:39 am

+1!!! Thanks everyone for paying more attention than I did, until I read this post. I switched to them a year ago because they were 10% below the local utility, and then assumed I would continue getting those priices or close to them (in addition to the miles) and stopped checking. Well three months later, with no notice (other than what warning might be buried in the Ts and Cs) they raised the rate to 40% above the local rates. Total dirtbags. When I called and raised a stink, they immediately (apparently used to this) transferred me to a supervisor and offered me a refund of only a small portion of the price gouging. These guys should be in jail.
Old May 4, 2012, 2:28 pm

Here is the latest offer I got for United for 7500 miles in MA.
http://www.energypluscompany.com/com...pc=035&pcb=035
If anyone has a better offer for any airline in MA, please share your link.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:09 pm

NJ Lawsuit

http://www.northjersey.com/news/1498...consumers.html
Old May 5, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, DL
Has anyone tried to get more than one bonus?

I got the AA miles for switching over the winter. I recently cancelled after the miles posted. And now Southwest is offering 12,500 pts to cardholders. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried to sign up again to get a bonus from a different airline. FWIW my electric bill did not drastically increase for the months I was with Energy Plus which is why I'm willing to do it again. I am in Chicago.
Old May 6, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA/AA/Delta/BA/SW/US airway
HI, My electricity bill is under my name.
Can I sign this up with my wife's mileage account and get her mileages?
Any body tried this before?
Thanks
Old May 7, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Be careful

Be careful of Energy Plus! I signed up because I wanted to get SPG points in July last year. Summer bill is always higher because of the AC. I thought it is reasonable for the bill higher. Couple month later, I notice that they were charign men 22 cert/kwatt. which other supplier was charging 11 cert/kwatt! Yep, twice as much!! I called them and adjust the price to 11 cert/kwatt. It is a rip off!! If you don't call, they will continue charging you the double rate. And they refused to refund the month they charge. I see a lawsuit there in the future.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
NOW 20,000 American AAdvantage miles in NY

EnergyPlus also tried to screw me by hiking the rate, but I'm posting this offer anyway: 20,000 American AAdvantage miles for switching. Rate is fixed at 10.875 cents per kWh (only .4 cents above what I'm currently paying) for a full year. You won't benefit from any lowering of prices, but they also won't be able to jack the rate for a year, though once the year is up, the rate floats. $100 for canceling during the first year. A good deal for 20K miles, as long as you change your provider when the year is up.

Last edited by j3brooklyn; Jul 31, 2012 at 12:19 pm Reason: added link
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: everything
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
EnergyPlus also tried to screw me by hiking the rate, but I'm posting this offer anyway: 20,000 American AAdvantage miles for switching. Rate is fixed at 10.875 cents per kWh (only .4 cents above what I'm currently paying) for a full year. You won't benefit from any lowering of prices, but they also won't be able to jack the rate for a year, though once the year is up, the rate floats. $100 for canceling during the first year. A good deal for 20K miles, as long as you change your provider when the year is up.

Thanks for the 20k AA miles link. Can you find 20,000 UA miles link as well? I see only up to 7,500 UA miles promotion.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by barefootist
Thanks for the 20k AA miles link. Can you find 20,000 UA miles link as well? I see only up to 7,500 UA miles promotion.
I received a snail mail offer for the 20K AA miles. If there is a similar UA offer, hopefully someone will post the link.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
A friend of mine received 25,000 United Mileage offer from EnergyPllus. He said no link. He got it thru the mail. So I guess it's targeted.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN, DL
I received an offer for 20k WN points (25k points if WN credit card holder). Offer expires 10/15/12.

Has anyone been able to get the bonus more than once? I thought I would try switching the name of the ComEd account to my spouse. Not sure if that will work.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by PeterAmling
I received an offer for 20k WN points (25k points if WN credit card holder). Offer expires 10/15/12.

Has anyone been able to get the bonus more than once? I thought I would try switching the name of the ComEd account to my spouse. Not sure if that will work.
1-Cancel with EP, may take 1-2 billing cycels
2-Switch Comed to spouse, may take 1-2 billing cycles
3-Add EP to Spouse, again may take 1-2 billing cycles., then 2 cycles to get bonus,
4-rinse and repeat.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Do you need to switch to your spouse first before signing up with EP again to get another bonus? Does switching Comed to spouse, and then back again, change the account number or something so that it looks like a new signup?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:23 pm

As a PECO user in the PHL area I just wanted to confirm my experience is consistent with other posters - EP charges much higher rates and it took 45 days from my request until I could be switched back to PECO. I ended up paying much more than the value of the points I earned. EP outscamed me in my scam to scam them for some points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.